1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Round butt or Square butt ????

Discussion in 'Handguns: Revolvers' started by Don Lu, May 4, 2007.

  1. Don Lu

    Don Lu Well-Known Member

    which one is the New 520 Smith&Wesson. I dont have the right screwdriver to take off factory grips yet but Id like to know b/c a friend of mine has a some pachmayer grips for the L-Frame Square butt that he'd give me if they are the right ones.....
    Last edited: May 5, 2007
  2. Brian Williams

    Brian Williams Moderator Emeritus

    All but a few are round butts, some of the TR versions are square.
  3. Don Lu

    Don Lu Well-Known Member

    thanks...what is a TR version ? and how will I know if I have one ?
  4. Majic

    Majic Well-Known Member

    You do know the new M520 is a L-frame not a N-frame.
  5. Don Lu

    Don Lu Well-Known Member

    I did know that, my bad...
  6. Ala Dan

    Ala Dan Member in memoriam

    TR stands for Thunder Ranch
  7. Don Lu

    Don Lu Well-Known Member

    Thunder Ranch

    had a feeling it would something simple like that.:rolleyes: ..thanks
  8. Old Fuff

    Old Fuff Well-Known Member

    If the Pachmayer grips are the style that covers the backstrap and bottom of the frame, they can be used on either the square or round butt frame. The little bit of difference between the frames will be covered up. ;)

Share This Page