1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SC transfer?

Discussion in 'General Gun Discussions' started by greenr18, May 10, 2013.

  1. greenr18

    greenr18 member

    I'm sending a .22 rifle to a friend as their first (to own, not use) rifle, I know it has to go through a dealer to ship, but is there anything else they'll need? Driver's license copy, bill of sale? I'm just curious because I've never dealt with a transfer to someone in South Carolina and my searches for information haven't turned up much. Is there a waiting period or similar?
  2. oneounceload

    oneounceload member

    You don't need to use a dealer, but you need to ship it to a SC FFL so your friend can get the transfer done. Whether his FFL will accept a shipment from a non-FFL or not, is up to him - it is not illegal, but some don't do it
  3. Al Thompson

    Al Thompson Moderator Staff Member

    Shouldn't be anything out of the ordinary. We do have some THR members who have FFLs, so if you can post the county, we should be able to figure something out.

    Feel free to PM me, if you don't want to post the county in public.
  4. Al Thompson

    Al Thompson Moderator Staff Member

    Working on it. :)
  5. greenr18

    greenr18 member

    thanks guys I appreciate it
  6. Al Thompson

    Al Thompson Moderator Staff Member

Share This Page