1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selling a handgun from Indiana to Ohio resident

Discussion in 'Legal' started by someguy9, Jan 7, 2011.

  1. someguy9

    someguy9 New Member

    I am trying to sell a Colt 380 Handgun with severral boxes of ammo. I live in Indiana and the buyer lives in Ohio. Any suggestions on the best way to complete this transaction is appreciated. I was hoping someone in Indiana would buy it- so I did not have to deal with so much legallly.
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  2. Sam1911

    Sam1911 Moderator

    What you are trying to do isn't really hard. You need to ship or hand-deliver the gun to an FFL in Ohio who will transfer it to the new owner.

    It will be best to contact the FFL he wants to use before hand and make sure he will accept a shipment from you (not all do, for whatever reason) and read the sticky here on how to ship a gun.

    Good luck!
  3. deadin

    deadin Well-Known Member

    There is no "best" way. There is the "only" way and Sam has covered it.;)
  4. someguy9

    someguy9 New Member

    shipping ammo

    Do you know if they will handle the ammo as well?
  5. KBintheSLC

    KBintheSLC Well-Known Member

    You can ship the ammo through a private carrier directly to the buyer via Orm-D. UPS/FedEx

    No need to go through the FFL for that.

Share This Page