1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smith and Wesson 64-7 questions

Discussion in 'Handguns: Revolvers' started by animator, Aug 24, 2012.

  1. animator

    animator Well-Known Member

    Got a Smith and Wesson 64-7 at a local gun show recently. It's got the side lock, and the MIM parts that people seem to talk about a lot on the forums I've come across while searching for info about it. It's a stainless 4" model in good condition, but needed a new set of grips. 2003-ish or so production

    It's a single/double action, but has a bobbed hammer. My question is where can I get a factory not-bobbed hammer for this thing? Smith and Wesson lists it as an obsolete part now, but would that be something they'd still have?

    Is there any other place to get one? I'm not having any luck in my searches...

    On a side note, if anyone has a not-bobbed hammer that they'd like to trade for a bobbed hammer, let me know :D
  2. bikemutt

    bikemutt Well-Known Member

    You can try calling S&W parts directly, if you get the right person they may go look in the parts bin for you. Otherwise they will often give you a couple of 3rd party parts sellers to try.
  3. Yarddog

    Yarddog Well-Known Member

    As Bikemutt said, Call tell em You need one & don't want to send it in. Who knows you might get lucky ; )

Share This Page