1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suppressors and moving...

Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by SudSlinger, Mar 2, 2009.

  1. SudSlinger

    SudSlinger New Member

    Nov 13, 2008
    I am Considering buying a suppressor for my M4gery. I currently reside in Louisiana. Within two years I expect to move to either PA or FL. How much of a pain will this be? Legally, am I allowed to be in possession of the suppressor after the move? What if it isn't attached?
  2. Zak Smith

    Zak Smith Moderator Staff Member

    Dec 24, 2002
    Fort Collins, CO, USA.
    If it is legal in the destination state and there are no other local encumbrances, I believe all you must do is notify the ATF via one of their forms.
  3. Quiet

    Quiet Senior Member

    Apr 29, 2007
    bouncing between the 909 & the 702
    PA and FL both allow ownership of noise suppressors.

    Check with those state's laws to see if there are additional requirements for ownership.

    There is no form for transporting a noise suppressor or an AOW across state lines.
    If it is legal to own in the state you are going to, you can take it with you.

    However, permission is needed from the BATFE, prior to transporting a DD, MG, SBR or SBS across state lines.
    You submit an ATF Form 5320.20 to request permission to do so.

Share This Page