1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

surplus rifle purchased at gun show early '83

Discussion in 'Legal' started by MugShot60, Jul 12, 2009.

  1. MugShot60

    MugShot60 Active Member

    back in that time when you walked up and gave the money and went away from the table with a smile on your face. question is, if you now decide to sell that rifle, is it ill advised to do so without ffl procedures?
  2. cerberus65

    cerberus65 Well-Known Member

    In my state it's perfectly legal to buy from or sell to another state resident so I wouldn't worry much about it at all. I have yet to sell anything but I have bought a couple things FTF. We did the bill of sale thing and called it a deal.

    FFL transfers cost money. Why should I pay money when I don't have to? If you're worried about inadvertently selling to a felon have them sign a paper saying they're not prohibited from owning a gun. That's what one guy had me do.
  3. Lone_Gunman

    Lone_Gunman Well-Known Member

    Actually it was not like that in 1983 if you were buying from a FFL holder. Even then you had to fill out form 4473.

    Nothing has changed in my state since 1983... but your state could be different.
  4. Quiet

    Quiet Well-Known Member

    Depends on what state you are in and what state you reside in.
  5. CoRoMo

    CoRoMo Well-Known Member

    Or was he talking about a gun show. If so, nothing's changed unless you live in Colorado.

Share This Page