1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tax stamps, SBR's, and silencers (Oh my!)

Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by MarineOne, Sep 2, 2009.

  1. MarineOne

    MarineOne Well-Known Member

    Seeing all the silencers and SBR's on here has made me drool, and I figure its about time I do something about it. Needless to say, I want my own! Since I live in Idaho I know it will be easier for me to purchase what I want, but I know its still a headache with all the paperwork.

    I recently bought an AR-57 upper, and now they're selling AR-57 upper SBRs and silencers and I want one of those, too. I've even though about getting the FA bolt for it and buy the Form 4 parts to upgrade my lower.

    I have to admit I've only bought semi-auto weapons and I know my background is clean (I work for Uncle Sam and have a clearance) but I have no clue on what needs to be done so that I can legally own this stuff.

    Can anyone, preferrably other Idahoans cuz I know you're out there, give me some insight on what I need to do to make this a reality?

  2. rfurtkamp

    rfurtkamp Well-Known Member

    Idaho is about as easy as it gets. The only regulation is federal.

    Full-auto will require a DIAS (drop in auto sear) or registered receiver (since you can't make a new MG), expect to pay $10k+ for that one item/piece alone.

    SBR is easy; if you're the maker, Form 1, jump through the hoops and wait.

    Silencers and factory SBR/SBS/AOW (bought through a dealer who can handle such things) is a Form 4 and they can walk you through it.

    I've done both homebrews on F1s and items through my dealer; both are as easy in the scheme of things but you just have to be patient.
  3. MarineOne

    MarineOne Well-Known Member

    Yeah I looked on Idaho's gov site for the laws and it only says "fulfill all federal requirements", which I thought was a little vague. I searched a little more and all I need is the Form 4.

    Since my wife has power of attorney for me I guess all I need to do now the next time I go home is fingerprints ...... LOL!

    Thanks for the help.


Share This Page