1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transporting a collection

Discussion in 'Legal' started by eastwood44mag, Jul 21, 2006.

  1. eastwood44mag

    eastwood44mag Participating Member

    Oct 25, 2005
    If you buy C&R guns w/ a C&R license, and take them with you across state lines (temporarily or permanently), can they remain logged into your book, or do they have to be logged out as being transferred to you as a private citizen?

    Explanation: If I should buy a Mauser (for example), and want to keep it at a hunting cabin in the Rockies, can it stay in my book as being in the collection, or do I need to log it out as a sale to myself?

  2. Zrex

    Zrex Active Member

    May 28, 2004
    I would just pencil a note in your bound book indicating where the firearm is being stored.

    Keep in mind this is free advice from some guy on the internet. If you really want to, just call your local ATF field office and talk to them about storing a firearm off premesis and see how they want you to record it in your book.

Share This Page