1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What corp. documents to send in with form 1?

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms and Accessories' started by imabballer, Jun 29, 2010.

  1. imabballer

    imabballer Active Member

    I am an officer in a (family owned) S corporation, and plan to create an SBR from an AK pistol. I plan on filling out the Form 1 with the corporation as the builder and owner and am needing to know what documents I would need to send in with the form 1 regarding the corporation. Also, I have heard conflicting reports on whether or not I would have to fill out a citizenship paper, if anybody knows for sure I would appreciate the advice.

    Thanks in advance!
  2. mp510

    mp510 Well-Known Member

    If it is a corp or LLC purchase you do have to fill the cert of compliance. The only time when it is a grey area is on trust applications. It only takes about 30 seconds to fill- not a big deal to do.

    Normally, they would get a copy of your articles of incorporation and a copy of whatever document you were given by the appropriate agency in your state when you filed. It would also be good to include a copy of the corporate document that authorizes you to make the application and/ or possess the corp. owned firearm.
  3. imabballer

    imabballer Active Member

    I just got off the phone with an ATF agent and he said I needed to send in the articles/certificate of incorporation and a letter of good standing from my state. I forgot to ask about the citizenship form so if anybody knows anything about that let me know.

    Also, does anybody have a link to show the requirements for firearm engraving. I can't find where it says anything about it on the form 1 and need to know what the requirements are.

  4. GoingQuiet

    GoingQuiet Well-Known Member

    Requirements, referencing the ATF NFA Handbook - Section of making NFA firearms by nonlicensees states:

    All NFA firearms must be identified by a serial number and other specified markings95. If an existing
    firearm is being used in the making of the NFA weapon, and that firearm is serialized, the existing serial
    number should be used (unless it duplicates a serial number already used by the maker on Form 1) and
    entered in Block 4(g). If the weapon is of new manufacture, the applicant must assign a unique serial
    number and enter it in Block 4(g). For example, a unique serial number could be composed of at least 4
    digits preceded by the initials of the maker. NOTE: alpha characters, e.g., a name, will not be accepted
    as a serial number. If a name is to be used, there must be at least one numeric character in addition to
    the alpha characters.
    The serial number must be engraved or stamped on the receiver of the firearm and the caliber, model,
    and identification of the maker must be engraved on the barrel or frame or receiver of the weapon.96 The
    marking and identification requirements for a maker are the same as for a manufacturer. Refer to
    section 7.4 for a detailed discussion of the requirements.

    Minimum Depth is .003" for engraving, Minimum size is 1/16th of an inch.
  5. mp510

    mp510 Well-Known Member

    As I said in my reply, include it.

Share This Page