1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you call this shape on a rifle stock?

Discussion in 'Rifle Country' started by Outlaws, Dec 3, 2006.

  1. Outlaws

    Outlaws Well-Known Member

  2. Dr.Rob

    Dr.Rob Moderator Staff Member

    That would be a schanbel tip.
  3. Waywatcher

    Waywatcher Well-Known Member

    Im pretty sure its Schnabel tip, but I think Dr. Rob had a typo.
  4. Ian Sean

    Ian Sean Well-Known Member

    Its a Schnabel....definition:

    "Schnabel - Stock detail, typical of German and Austrian rifles, where the forend tip flares out to an enlarged knob."

    Schnabel is German for bill, like a duck bill I figure, anyways here is a good reference site. Many gun terms are defined here, from my favorites file to yours! :)

  5. ZeSpectre

    ZeSpectre Well-Known Member

    Darn it, now I went and learned something, and before 8:00AM too. Sheesh you guys are too much :D
  6. Dr.Rob

    Dr.Rob Moderator Staff Member

    Yes that would be late night dyslexia.:uhoh:
  7. rangerruck

    rangerruck Well-Known Member

    named after a german dude of that name. pronounced shhnob - bell.
  8. spooney

    spooney Well-Known Member

    It is called the "best looking stock accent of all time."

Share This Page