1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What holster is this?

Discussion in 'Handguns: Holsters and Accessories' started by Lucky, Apr 13, 2008.

  1. Lucky

    Lucky Senior Member

    Jul 12, 2005
    Calgary, near Rocky Mountains - Canada
    I'm looking for information on a Safariland holster for a S&W Model 10 6-shot .38+P 4" barrel. It is low-ride, and has 2 retention devices. #1 is a thumb-break which does not go across the back-strap, but simple snugs the holster onto the gun. #2 is that to get the gun out you have to rock it forward and there's a split in the front of the holster that lets the gun go.

    I don't see anything like this on the Safariland website, so any help appreciated.
  2. carebear

    carebear Senior Member

    Jul 30, 2004
    Anchorage, AK
    That type of holster is a "break front" or "front break" (depending on manufacturer). Big in the 60's-70's.

    Sorry I couldn't come up with a model number but that may help for searching on the online gun auctions. Someone has to be selling one.

Share This Page