1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the process for purchasing a full auto in FL

Discussion in 'NFA Firearms and Accessories' started by Flfiremedic, Mar 28, 2011.

  1. Flfiremedic

    Flfiremedic Well-Known Member

    I live in Central FL, and would like to purchase a full auto for range use. What is required for the purchase-kinda need a NFA purchase for dummies :)
  2. TexasRifleman

    TexasRifleman Moderator Emeritus

    1) Find a firearm for sale
    2) Pay the dealer for it (assuming you do a dealer purchase)
    3) Send the transfer form to ATF for a tax stamp. Form 3 or 4 depending on the status of the firearm at the time.
    4) When you get the tax stamp back go pick up the firearm
  3. GoingQuiet

    GoingQuiet Well-Known Member

    Texas nailed it.

    Find the gun you want, pay for it and file a Form 4. Simple as that.
  4. fulltanghalo

    fulltanghalo Active Member

    Only thing I would add is to look into an NFA trust, done by a lawyer that specializes in them. There are tons of threads here and on other sites about them, but it really came down, for me, spending a couple of hundred bucks to save having to:

    1)Chase down getting forms signed(if your CLEO will sign off, free+time)
    2)Having to ask permission from my CLEO to buy something with my money(personal annoyance)
    3)Having fingerprint cards done ($$$+time)
    4)Having photos taken(free if you do it yourself with a digital camera, else $$$+time).
  5. AirForceShooter

    AirForceShooter Well-Known Member

    I'm in central florida too.
    Depending on the county the chief LEO may or may not sign off.
    My advice is find a NFA dealer close by. Go in introduce yourself and tell them what you're lookinjg for. Ask them how easy/hard it's going to be without a trust.
    If they're friendly and helpful that's who you buy from. If you need the trust they'll be able to suggest a lawyer .

  6. WhiteMikeCN

    WhiteMikeCN Well-Known Member

    I am in Florida and provida NFA Trusts for fellow members. Shoot me a PM.

  7. GoingQuiet

    GoingQuiet Well-Known Member

    Chris, are you a member of the Florida Bar?
  8. WhiteMikeCN

    WhiteMikeCN Well-Known Member

    No I am not and in the state of Florida you do not have to be a member of the Florida Bar to draft a trust. However the trust that I sell was drafted by am member of the Florida Bar and I have sole distribution rights. All I charge for is the data entry on the trust.
  9. dprice3844444

    dprice3844444 member

    the feds are scrutinizing trusts not drawn up by lawyers residing in the state.they might seize the unit and arrest you(so i have read).get it done by a lawyer,if there's a problem,you have somebody to sue
  10. mboylan

    mboylan Well-Known Member

    As long as you have the money for a pre-86 transferable full-auto, you will have no problem creating a trust and doing the transfer through a SOT 3. Since you are buying a $4000 to $14000+ firearm, the legal fees for setting up the trust will be a small percentage of the item, just a few hundred dollars.
  11. WhiteMikeCN

    WhiteMikeCN Well-Known Member


    I do not know where you obtained this information it is false. All the ATF looks at is whether or not you have a valid trust. A valid trust by defination does not have to be drawn up by an attorney.
  12. dprice3844444

    dprice3844444 member

  13. dprice3844444

    dprice3844444 member

Share This Page