Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 2 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 4, 2008, 11:50 AM   #26
glockman19

I will NEVER buy a Taurus or Rossi firearm.
Old October 4, 2008, 11:51 AM   #27
shotgun12321

Quote:
Savage
Kel tec
Taurus
Hi Point
I agree

~ Bob Wells ~
Old October 4, 2008, 11:52 AM   #28
ProShooter

you anti-Glock guys dont know what you're missing!
Old October 4, 2008, 11:54 AM   #29
Javelin

Quote:
you anti-Glock guys dont know what you're missing!
More for us ProShooter.

"Our Right to keep and bear arms has never been under threat more than now. It is time to support the organization fighting for our freedom on the floor of Congress and Senate. Please join the NRA today."

Click HERE to see what devestation librals have caused in England and Australia. Is America next?
Old October 4, 2008, 11:56 AM   #30
JT in VA

I have been fortunate to have been issued or owned various quality firearms such as glocks, sigs, and S & Ws. I am curious, what Taurus guns are disasters? I have only owned a PT22 and a Model 82 .38 special. Both worked fine, granted they are essentially imitations of better guns, - so which Taurus guns are bad? They seem to have a lot of innovative stuff on the market, I have just never owned or shot them.
Old October 4, 2008, 12:03 PM   #31
smee781

Master blaster you lie,,,Taurus had the worlds worst customer service!
Old October 4, 2008, 12:08 PM   #32
Javelin

Quote:
I have been fortunate to have been issued or owned various quality firearms such as glocks, sigs, and S & Ws. I am curious, what Taurus guns are disasters? I have only owned a PT22 and a Model 82 .38 special. Both worked fine, granted they are essentially imitations of better guns, - so which Taurus guns are bad? They seem to have a lot of innovative stuff on the market, I have just never owned or shot them.
When Taurus introduced their ultralite - type revolvers they were awful (and I have heard their customer service is non-existent but I have no personal experience on it thankfully). I handled one at the gun store and it was broken from NIB under the counter. Basically the cylinder was mis-aligned and seemed to be bent so it was not seating properly (or at all really) when locked in position. That is really scary... and they put it back under the glass after I pointed out to them what the problem was. That might even be more scary! Hope the poor sucker that bought that Taurus looked before he shot or he might only be counting to 6 on both hands.

On a side note I don't buy cheap guns (minus that darn black Romanian AK-underfolder for $349...). Not saying I don't own a few Nagants but cheap being quality just turns me off and I would rather have 2 really nice firearms than 5 or 6 less desireable/questionable ones.

Glock, HK, SIG all quality. Nothing against gunshow purchases (I buy from gunshows too)*************
*BUT* If your buying used at a gun show just realize more times than not there is a reason why it is sitting there on the table and not in the person's gun safe. Buying from unknown second hand dealers/people can sometimes lead to just purchasing their problem (now former problem as you now own it). So if your buy that Kahr PM9, KelTec P3AT, SIG P228, HK USP45... just be careful and look it over really well and maybe even do some studying before hand so you know what to look for so you don't buy someone's jam-o-matic that they just want to ditch in lieu of fixing whatever is wrong with it.

Good luck!

"Our Right to keep and bear arms has never been under threat more than now. It is time to support the organization fighting for our freedom on the floor of Congress and Senate. Please join the NRA today."

Click HERE to see what devestation librals have caused in England and Australia. Is America next?
Old October 4, 2008, 12:14 PM   #33
RaspberrySurprise

A Fudd rifle, by which I mean an of the factory made just for hunting synthetic stock remchesterby wonders sold by the crate. They just don't speak to me like a milsurp does. Though I might buy one say if it was from the seventies or earlier but not something modern.
Old October 4, 2008, 12:17 PM   #34
LongHairedHippy

Just. Glocks.
Old October 4, 2008, 12:23 PM   #35
texas bulldog

Quote:
Any smith and wesson revolver or any 30.06 with a wood stock.
really?

for me the list would include several, really. they're not all bad guns, necessarily, i just don't have any interest. for instance:

- desert eagle...just too big and too dumb
- H&K...because they hate me
- any handgun in .460 or .480 or .500
- ruger autos (though i like the revolvers)
- any shotgun with a barrel over 26"...'cause i just ain't that big
- any rifle (other than an AR) or shotgun with a synthetic stock...just 'cause i'm a traditionalist and i like wood
- any taurus, rossi, or charter arms revolver...why bother when a ruger is only a little more?
- any handgun with an accessory rail if there is a version without one
- anything with "bling"
- anything chinese
- anything two-tone...i just don't like how it looks; pick stainless or blue, not both

that's probably not an exhaustive list...
Old October 4, 2008, 12:38 PM   #36
SaxonPig

Springfield Armory for screwing investors a few years ago and Ruger for Bill stabbing us in the back when he sided with Schumer et al in the 1994 assault weapon ban.
Old October 4, 2008, 02:17 PM   #37
damien

Tec-9. I have known several guys who had bought these and none of them ever were anything close to reliable, even with factory ball ammo and with the gun itself in apparently fine purchased-new condition.
Old October 4, 2008, 02:18 PM   #38
Armed 24/7

Thumbs down

I will never again buy any Kahr product. I wasted about $600 on a P9 when they first came out, and sold it for a big loss, because I fully disclosed it's failings. It was the biggest POS pistol I have ever owned...
Old October 4, 2008, 02:23 PM   #39
Loosedhorse

AKs.

They offend my aesthetics.

Old October 4, 2008, 02:26 PM   #40
Wolfman_556

Glock, XD, and all other striker-fired pistols.

If I can't see a hammer, I don't trust it.

Plus I hate DAO.
Old October 4, 2008, 02:39 PM   #41
hobgob

Jerkface... what do you have against a remington 700?

To answer the original question, I will never buy a walther or a taurus. I have a P22, hated it, gave it to my bro. Taurus? I would rather spend the extra cash for a better product.
Old October 4, 2008, 02:44 PM   #42
PotatoJudge

Belted magnums. No problem with mags, but for reloading the belt isn't something I want to deal with.

44 mag. Why buy a 43 when I can shot a 45 (LC)?

Most polymer semiautos, though a micro Glock 357 Sig or 10mm is tempting.
Old October 4, 2008, 03:03 PM   #43
jimmyraythomason

All Glocks
Pet peeves;"If you don't carry your gun like I do you're irresponsible","if you don't use the lube,cleaner and preservative that I do...you don't know guns","if you don't agree with my favorite gun scribe/guru,you are obviously uninformed".....just to name a few.
Old October 4, 2008, 03:11 PM   #44
JR47

S&W
Glock
HK

S&W for their sell-out to Clinton, and spotty QC.

Glock because they balance like a 2x4 with a handle.

HK because they are oversized, overpriced, and overly complex.
Old October 4, 2008, 03:29 PM   #45
Daniel1120

Taurus. Semi's or revolvers, iv'e owned both.

Never again.
Old October 4, 2008, 03:36 PM   #46
Dain Bramage

I'll join Master Blaster in the SIG concentration camp. I've rented a few: never liked them, never shot well with them.

To all the people that love their SIGs; more power to you. We should be one big, diverse firearms family...who all hate wheelguns so there are more left for me.
Old October 4, 2008, 03:44 PM   #47
brhodes

Going to have to go with Glocks. I've tried pretty much all of them (people in my family are fans), but none of them seem to fit my hand quite right. It's like each one is a half a millimeter off in one dimension or another, and they just aren't comfortable. Nothing against them other than that, really.

I wasn't too fond of the USP Tactical now that I think about it. Was like shooting a brick.

So, those two I probably won't be buying anytime soon.
Old October 4, 2008, 03:47 PM   #48
Kind of Blued

Any pistol in .25 or .32.

When one can get a .38 Spl, 9mm, or at least .380 which one can conceal in a pair of swim trunks... I really don't see the point.

...and they're usually fugly.
"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of."
- Texas State Representative Dr. Suzanna Hupp
Old October 4, 2008, 03:50 PM   #49
earplug

Anything in .357 SIG. I reload.
Old October 4, 2008, 03:54 PM   #50
mgregg85

No speshul weaponz or hi-point pistols. I have no desire for a .40 Short & Weak unless it happens to be a SUB-2000, otherwise i'll take the real deal 10mm.

I do love my rugers, I wouldn't mind a glock 10mm, and one of these days i'm gonna get myself one of the S&W J-frame bodyguards in .357 mag.