Quantcast
The THR Walker Club - Page 93 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Blackpowder Shooting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old December 17, 2009, 09:40 PM   #2301
armyof1

missuramoss is right we need more COLT WALKER INFO / PHOTO"S whatever you have got post it ....
Old December 17, 2009, 09:58 PM   #2302
armyof1

Pulp whatever you do to your COLT WALKER can you post info / photo"s . thanks . .
Old December 17, 2009, 10:59 PM   #2303
buckeyed

Frist trip to the range

Took my WALKER out to the range for the first time Sat. had a BLAST! After about 30 rounds down range and another 10 rounds with the Sharps I had everyone downwind stop and move upwind Hope to get back again this weekend and start zeroing it in
Old December 17, 2009, 11:41 PM   #2304
Fingers McGee

Quote:
missuramoss some more COLT info for you sorry its not WALKER ,
Attached Thumbnails
Great attachemnts about the Thuer Conversion of an 1860 Army
Old December 18, 2009, 08:18 PM   #2305
missuramoss

Im not really into youtube..but was watchin some vids while ago, and seems they have whats called your own channel. So Im wonderin...why couldnt we get the Walker Club its own channel....The members with video cams could start it up and goin..Showin range videos, shootin at water jugs videos, dissasemblly videos, etc. etc.

We have members from different cultures, different countries, different states.....We could reach a pretty big audience. The compition that we started a while back could be broadcast, along with maybe even someone who looks like ole Sam himself could dress in garb, and announce these videos...Im just thinkin outloud here guys.

Maybe something like this allready exists, I dont know...but if it doesnt...Whatcha all think?
Old December 18, 2009, 11:02 PM   #2306
scrat

HAHAHAH BUCKEYED good to hear
Old December 19, 2009, 01:09 PM   #2307
Two Gun Pete

First Time On The Range 1847 Walker Uberti Target

Heh All Y'all I Got to Shoot The Big Iron the other day and WAS IT FUN! Lots of Smoke and A Big O'l Bang! and its a Shooter For Sure! Heres the target from the very first loading. I used 40 Grains of Pyrodex P and a 454 Round Ball With a wad under it. I found the target on the first two shots hitting low, I was holding low, when I saw where they hit I pulled up to the center and held on there and You can see the next 4 rounds hit all in the black with two of them touching right above the bull in the center. WOW I'm Tickled hee hee HA!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Walker First Target.jpg (495.2 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by Two Gun Pete; December 19, 2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old December 19, 2009, 01:24 PM   #2308
Two Gun Pete

Forgot to tell ya I was shooting at 25yards.

Last edited by Two Gun Pete; December 19, 2009 at 01:45 PM.
Old December 19, 2009, 01:27 PM   #2309
Ginormous

If you thought 40 grains had a roar, wait until you try 60! It probably won't be the most accurate loading for your Walker, but boy does it get everyone's attention. Well, everyone's except the lone guy that seems to haunt every range with a S&W 500 loaded up with the latest zombie vaporizing mega death rounds.

Quote:
Forgot to tell ya I was shooting a 25yards.
Showoff.
Old December 19, 2009, 01:46 PM   #2310
Two Gun Pete

I think i burned up about half a pound of powder in no time. I did try some 60 grain loads just for the fun of it and they sounded like a 357 mag going off! Popped a few round off at a hundred or so yards and it was right on and around the pop bottle. I think I need to have a couple more hand cannons in the arsenal real soon.
Old December 19, 2009, 02:26 PM   #2311
armyof1

TWO GUN PETE nice looking COLT WALKER you got there , don"t know much about Pyrodex P but does it not create more pressure than real blackpowder and 60 grains of Pyrodex P would be something like 80 grains of real blackpowder ? just thinking on the safety side of things, as i said i don"t know much about Pyrodex P so i might be wrong .
Old December 19, 2009, 03:10 PM   #2312
Acorn Mush

Quote:
don"t know much about Pyrodex P but does it not create more pressure than real blackpowder and 60 grains of Pyrodex P would be something like 80 grains of real blackpowder ? just thinking on the safety side of things, as i said i don"t know much about Pyrodex P so i might be wrong .
Pyrodex was designed to be loaded volume-for-volume with black powder, with comparable pressures. If loaded weight-for-weight, I believe the pressures would be higher.

You might have been thinking of Hodgdon's Triple 7 black powder substitute, which I believe generates greater pressure.. Although the data on the Triple 7 container states it can be used on an equivalent-volume basis with real black powder, users on this forum and others have recommended loads be reduced by 10% to 15% to start.
Old December 19, 2009, 03:48 PM   #2313
armyof1

Acorn Mush, thanks for the info on PYRODEX P , i only use blackpowder myself .... but its interesting to know the spec of these other powders......,

Last edited by armyof1; December 19, 2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old December 19, 2009, 05:46 PM   #2314
Pulp

I don't have the picture anymore, but the first time I shot my first Walker I loaded two chambers with 40 grains Goex, two with 45 grains, and two with 50 grains. I used a round bale of hay (not real smart, but I didn't start any fires) for a rest and shooting at about 10 yards. All six bullet holes were touching, in a vertical line with the 40 grains loads at the top, the 50 grain loads at the bottom.

World's Worst Cowboy Action Shooter
Graduate of Sawyer's School of Shooting
Old December 19, 2009, 06:08 PM   #2315
Cowboy2

Triple 7 question

I'm sure this has been answered over and over, but my current internet connection is unbelievably slow, so I apologize in advance for not searching adequately. What Triple 7 fffg loads are you fellows using in your Walkers? Thanks.
Old December 19, 2009, 06:15 PM   #2316
scrat

777 50 grains
Old December 20, 2009, 08:12 PM   #2317
GENTLEMAN OF THE CHARCOAL
Member.

The one that killed the bear..

XXXX

Last edited by GENTLEMAN OF THE CHARCOAL; December 23, 2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old December 20, 2009, 08:30 PM   #2318
Palehorseman

Nice.
Old December 20, 2009, 08:34 PM   #2319
GENTLEMAN OF THE CHARCOAL
Member.

Thank you and I mean it to. That particular Walker and I have been there and back. I alway's try to keep my stuff clean and looking good (to me) and ready to go and my friend done a good job. I paid him a little but he wasn't going to charge me anything....

Last edited by GENTLEMAN OF THE CHARCOAL; December 20, 2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: spelling..
Old December 21, 2009, 08:14 AM   #2320
Steven Youngblood

Hi, Everybody.
I have a question.
What is the point blank range for the sights on the walker.
I seem to remember it being 75 feet.

Last edited by Steven Youngblood; December 21, 2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: fat fingers hitting the wrong keys
Old December 21, 2009, 11:50 AM   #2321
Cowboy2

thanks, scrat.
Old December 22, 2009, 07:18 AM   #2322
madcratebuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven youngblood View Post
hi, everybody.
I have a question.
What is the point blank range for the sights on the walker.
I seem to remember it being 75 feet.
75 yards
A Veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to “The United States of America” for an amount of “up to and including my life.”
Old December 22, 2009, 11:49 AM   #2323
scrat

Holly smoke GOC learned to post a picture.
Old December 22, 2009, 12:34 PM   #2324
Panama Red

Gentlemen,
I would request that this thread be suspended until such time that I can convince the wife of my dire NEED of a Walker, and have obtained said Walker for my own purposes. The pictures contained here-in have spurred an inferiority complex, are a major causation of pain and suffering,and a continual reminder of the insufficiencies in my inventory of firearms. I would prefer not to have to retain legal counsel in this matter.
Thank you for your consideration,
Panama Red

...or "Dang, I wish I had one of those!"...
Old December 22, 2009, 12:49 PM   #2325
scrat

Cough cough hack hack. Drinks coffee.

I Dont think so.