Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 60 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 6, 2012, 02:06 PM   #1476
bigjay27

S&W Sigma. terrible triggers
Old April 6, 2012, 02:47 PM   #1477
4thHorseman

Quote:
Bohica Arms, or the new company with the same people making the same products - River Valley Ordnance.
I have a bit of a smile at the name Bohica. In the I have heard the term "BOHICA" millions in the navy of times and it meant something a bit different.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once." -- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003
Old April 6, 2012, 06:58 PM   #1478
TennJed

I have been on the fence about a glock. They do interest me, but since I reload 100% lead cast bullets i think a glock would be a gun I would pass on everytime. I know there is some debate on shooting lead from glocks, but I rather not go through the trouble of finding out myself

Last edited by TennJed; April 6, 2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old April 6, 2012, 07:38 PM   #1479
the_hustleman

Glock 26.

The grip is just too small.

I refuse to carry something I don't shoot

*swyped from the evo so excuse any typos*
Old April 6, 2012, 10:39 PM   #1480
TanklessPro

Location: LA....Lower Alabama, I think. The tinfoil confuses me.
For me, it would be the desert eagle and hk mk 23.

I have large hands, and I don't know who would fell comfortable holding those.
Old April 7, 2012, 08:52 AM   #1481
Elkins45

I doubt I'll ever own an AK because I don't like the sights.

I don't own an assault weapon. I own a counter-assault weapon.
Old April 7, 2012, 10:32 AM   #1482
Cemo

Walther P22. It's junk.
Old April 7, 2012, 10:35 AM   #1483
cwl1862

Anything not Ruger, Smith & Wesson, SIG, Kimber, Beretta, Colt, CZ, Walther or 1st Gen Charter Arms will find it's way into my safe. NO Glocks! can't stand them, I think they're WAY overrated, though you'll never convince a glockaholic that their favorite gun in the world can't slay dragons and walk on water. No Highpoint's, or Tauri in my safe either!
Old April 7, 2012, 11:11 AM   #1484
Averageman

Never buy another Sig product.
2 x burned and all in all they are poorly Q/Ced and the C/S is the worst in the Industry.
If I see a Sig weapon on a gun rag I wont buy the magazine, thats how much hate I have for Sig.
Old April 8, 2012, 02:17 AM   #1485
chute2thrill

Anything made in china or anything DOA. I'll admit glocks go bang everytime but I can't seem to hit anything with one beyond 50 feet.
Old April 8, 2012, 02:34 AM   #1486
Bozack

Glock tops the list. They just don't sit right in my hand. Any Japanese made Winchester. Just plain un-American.
Old April 9, 2012, 01:34 AM   #1487
dubya450

-10000 brnmuenchow
Lol i just ordered a kimber rifle ...
Old April 9, 2012, 02:37 AM   #1488
sonick808

i never say never I'm not ruling anything out!
Old April 9, 2012, 06:29 PM   #1489
cluznar

No .25 or .32 cal -- will only use .22 then jump to .380
Old April 9, 2012, 06:36 PM   #1490
Shoobee

I would never buy a glock of any kind for any reason.

Although I can see why the police and sheriff's depts buy and issue them -- because they are cheap.

If I were a LEO, I would buy and carry my own .45 ACP.
Old April 9, 2012, 07:00 PM   #1491
RickMD

Any firearm with a plastic frame or stock. If it isn't all steel and walnut I have no use for it.

There are no stupid questions but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.
Old April 9, 2012, 07:49 PM   #1492
jrdolall
Contributing Member

I can't think of a gun I would not buy if the price was right. I own more pistols than I can count including Hi-Point, Jennings-Bryco, Kel-tec, Browning, Ruger, S&W, Colt, Glock, H&K, Diamondback. The Jennings is a jam-o-matic and the Glock is about like the Hi-Point but much more pricey. The Hi-point 9 stays in the farm truck because I don't care if it gets scratched and bumped and it goes boom every time I want it to. I own shotguns from semi-auto to break action as well as pump and O/U 12 to 4-10g. Ak's(47 and 74) Ar's, SKS's, Mosin, Ariska military rifles. Remington, Savage, Mossburg, Winchester hunting rifles. 3 in-line black powder rifles. 18 different .22 caliber rifles from single shot to AR style. I am not willing to buy an over-priced pretty gun just because it has a name on it. My guns are tools and I use them unless they are "safe queens" for whatever reason.
Old April 9, 2012, 09:30 PM   #1493
DesertFox

These Judge/Governor .410/45 Long Colt thingamajigs. For the life of me, I cannot see how anyone would purchase one but I see them at every place that sells firearms. Looks like marketing department gone wild to me.
Old April 10, 2012, 09:11 AM   #1494
LT.Diver

"Another Taurus. Once is more than enough. "
This times a million! Biggest hunk of **** ever made. No idea how they stay in business.
Old April 10, 2012, 09:28 AM   #1495
wingman

Glock pistols and single shot break open type action rifles:
Old April 10, 2012, 09:30 AM   #1496
joed

Charter Arms, worst gun I ever owned was a Bulldog.
Old May 2, 2012, 11:48 PM   #1497
BigBangTheory

hi folks,

aren't they all pretty sort of fun to own (at least for a lttle bit at the front end when you dig the buy?)-AND aren't we just a tad lucky to have the right to legally own them and decide they suck down the road?

.....but my most never again would be a western field 16 with about a 17" pull-
Old May 3, 2012, 01:28 AM   #1498
theriflespeaks1863

-I will not buy a gun I cannot shoot- IE, any 'collector gun' that's bore is so far gone it couldn't hit the water if I was swimming in it. It could be the rarest variant of a 98K or any other rifle for that matter, with the coolest markings, but if it can't shoot and shoot well, it is not worth my hard-earned money. Besides, my 1942 91/30 shoots better than a lot of 'top notch' rifles I've seen.
-Any of the repro muzzle loaders coming from mystery shops in India or Pakistan- I've heard horror stories about these things, and the one that I saw and handled in person didn't look right or feel even close to what it should.
-A 'tacticool' AR. I'm not discounting the AR platform completely, but I like my guns simple and stylish. For me, an AR would be set up only as a 'DMR' type rifle- good glass, bipod, 20" heavy barrel with a decent muzzle device. No lights, foregrips, lasers, can openers, etc. for me!
-Anything that would look better in wood than in the plastic it's in.
Old May 3, 2012, 02:30 AM   #1499
B!ngo

OK, I'm going to piss off a lot of people but I'm a patriotic fellow getting a bit older and would never ever bring home an AK47. A gun designed by communists and used to shoot and kill our (and many other) service men and women. And having done so quite successfully requiring us to retrieve our young in body bags.
I respect the technology and the round, but never in my hands or my home.
B
Old May 3, 2012, 10:48 PM   #1500
BigBangTheory

So you don't have any Mauser bolt actions (like a fine old machined Winchester 70?)- Not sure a great gun should be blamed for who pulled the trigger pointing it at us-