Quantcast
What is the last gun that you bought? - Page 240 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 5, 2012, 10:52 PM   #5976
Spaceman Spiff

last weekend i bought a walther ppq in 9mm and a buckmark stainless urx...both have been great so far, very pleased with 'em...the buckmark especially seems like a lifetime keeper right off the bat...such a solid gun!
Old April 6, 2012, 01:32 AM   #5977
exavid

I sure like my Buckmark which I use for Bullseye shooting. I did the Heggis flip on mine and ended up with a 2lb. trigger. Very nice. If you'd like to reduce the trigger weight on yours, a very easy and quick mod google the Heggis flip.
Old April 6, 2012, 02:13 AM   #5978
Arkansas Paul

Sig 2022 in .40 S&W. Picked it up yesterday. Field stripped it, cleaned it and lubed it up when I got it home. Can't wait to hit the range later today when I get off work.
Old April 6, 2012, 02:29 AM   #5979
JohnnyOrygun

Used Kel Tec P3AT

Picked up a used Kel Tec P3AT for $190 today, seems to be in very good condition. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but hopefully some time next week I can run a few mags through it. I was just visiting the LGS and was browsing their selection and it jumped in my hand and said "Take me home!" So I did :-) now I have to figure out how to tell my Wife.... The slide seems to be perfect, so if it was carried, it was in a holster, not a scratch any where on the slide, the polymer frame has a few experience marks, but nothing serious.
John
Old April 6, 2012, 05:35 PM   #5980
Spaceman Spiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by exavid View Post
I sure like my Buckmark which I use for Bullseye shooting. I did the Heggis flip on mine and ended up with a 2lb. trigger. Very nice. If you'd like to reduce the trigger weight on yours, a very easy and quick mod google the Heggis flip.
Thanks for the tip, I remember reading about that a while back but I totally forgot in the time between reading those posts and buying a Buckmark! The trigger is already pretty good but 2 lb. is pretty nice!
Old April 6, 2012, 06:34 PM   #5981
exavid

I would have left the 3+lbs trigger alone for plinking but for Bullseye shooting dropping the trigger to 2lbs reduced the groups on target about 25% or a bit more for me. I also changed my trigger with one that has the adjustable over travel screw. It cost $10 from Brownell's. That also made for a better target trigger set up. You didn't say which model Buckmark you have so it might already have the adjustable trigger. Mine is the cheapo Camper which didn't. But now with the trigger changes I can put all ten rounds in a hole the size of a dime at 50' resting my hands on a bench. It makes a considerable difference in group size depending on what brand of ammo is being used. After testing about ten brands of ammo I get the best accuracy results with Federal Target Grade .22lr ammo from Walmart no less. $14 for a bulk pack of 320rds. These outshoot the $10 for 50rd. stuff in my pistol. I cheat in my old age and have a holographic sight on my Buckmark, it made a big difference over using the iron sights.
Old April 9, 2012, 05:42 PM   #5982
cluznar

Last gun I bought was a Ruger SR9c 9mm -- an excellent carry gun
Old April 10, 2012, 08:50 AM   #5983
ForumSurfer

Does a CMMG upper count?

Old April 10, 2012, 06:34 PM   #5984
jimmyraythomason

Last one I bought new was yesterday. It is a Saiga 7.62x39 carbine.
Pet peeves;"If you don't carry your gun like I do you're irresponsible","if you don't use the lube,cleaner and preservative that I do...you don't know guns","if you don't agree with my favorite gun scribe/guru,you are obviously uninformed".....just to name a few.
Old April 10, 2012, 08:30 PM   #5985
Spaceman Spiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by exavid View Post
I would have left the 3+lbs trigger alone for plinking but for Bullseye shooting dropping the trigger to 2lbs reduced the groups on target about 25% or a bit more for me. I also changed my trigger with one that has the adjustable over travel screw. It cost $10 from Brownell's. That also made for a better target trigger set up. You didn't say which model Buckmark you have so it might already have the adjustable trigger. Mine is the cheapo Camper which didn't. But now with the trigger changes I can put all ten rounds in a hole the size of a dime at 50' resting my hands on a bench. It makes a considerable difference in group size depending on what brand of ammo is being used. After testing about ten brands of ammo I get the best accuracy results with Federal Target Grade .22lr ammo from Walmart no less. $14 for a bulk pack of 320rds. These outshoot the $10 for 50rd. stuff in my pistol. I cheat in my old age and have a holographic sight on my Buckmark, it made a big difference over using the iron sights.
I bought the Standard Stainless URX. Sorry it's been a while and I missed your response in this mega-thread. Your Buckmark sounds amazing (not to mention your shooting as well). I just took mine to the range yesterday in fact and it's by far the most accurate thing I've shot (aside from a buddy's AR with a fancy sight system which can shoot the ass off a fly).

I'm also using Federal from Wally World, but the Value Pack stuff and not Target Grade. Still all the variance in my groups is on me and has nothing to do with the Buckmark, it's a lasergun as far as I'm concerned.

The holo sight sounds interesting. I have a high vis front sight I need to install, because the black-on-black sight picture is a little harder to pick up (especially on a black silhouette). I think my shooting skill will have to go up a notch or two before I can justify a holo sight, though.
Old April 10, 2012, 09:39 PM   #5986
CharlieDeltaJuliet

Bushmaster BA50 and a Sig C3 1911, bought them at the same time.
Old April 10, 2012, 11:14 PM   #5987
SixGun45

G29

More BANG for the buck...
Old April 11, 2012, 01:33 PM   #5988
repmurcs

RRA - 458 Socom --- or so I'm told ... Been on order since 1/9/12 -
My fascination is starting to fade.. Got some ammo - looking for some (hint, hint, hint). Go Big BORE or Go Home .
Old April 11, 2012, 02:33 PM   #5989
snake eater 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfatdave View Post
snuffy, are you just now noticing this thread and posting a myob five thousand seventy-one posts in?

Really?
^^^ lmfao!
Old April 12, 2012, 01:19 PM   #5990
GunnyUSMC

Black Army Colt. 1911
I do not relish to feel what the men that used these old weapons felt when they saw the elephant. For the elephant has tusk and to see him is to have his tusk dig deep into your soul. You will always have a part of you that will be cold and empty.
Semper Fi. - GySgt G. LEE Bihm
Old April 12, 2012, 07:30 PM   #5991
flatlander937

My Ruger 22/45 MKIII...

I just shot it last weekend for another 200-250ish rounds... and I freaking L-O-V-E it It complements my 1911 well... but more importantly it's way cheaper to shoot, and it is super-accurate... even with me shooting it
Old April 12, 2012, 07:41 PM   #5992
PT92

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander937 View Post
My Ruger 22/45 MKIII...

I just shot it last weekend for another 200-250ish rounds... and I freaking L-O-V-E it It complements my 1911 well... but more importantly it's way cheaper to shoot, and it is super-accurate... even with me shooting it
Great gun and a good buy in this bad economic environment--I too have started shooting lots of .22.

Quick question, what made you go with this instead of say their SR22 or even a 1911-22? Just curious as I recently finished researching my .22lr pistol buy.

-Cheers
Old April 12, 2012, 07:44 PM   #5993
BulldogsDaddy

Recently bought an LCP, have heard good and bad about them. Have only put about 200 rnd through mine, but haven't had a hiccup yet. Pretty nice little gun for what it is!
Old April 12, 2012, 07:54 PM   #5994
SabbathWolf

9mm Beretta Cx4 Storm about 2 months ago

However, I just bought a Ruger Blackhawk last night on-line.
But that doesn't count since I don't actually physically have it yet.
Old April 13, 2012, 11:13 PM   #5995
Needles

Traditions Canyon .50 cal muzzleloader. On sale at Cabela's. $141.99 delivered.
Old April 14, 2012, 10:20 PM   #5996
Parabola

Stevens 200 .308 barebones and itching to start my Deer/Target project
Old April 14, 2012, 10:28 PM   #5997
cooldude14

1939 Mauser 98k sporter and a Ruger 10/22 with the stainless finish and a walnut mannlicher stock
Old April 14, 2012, 10:44 PM   #5998
Fred_G

Shotgun followed me home from the Pawn Shop last weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WingM1.jpg (44.9 KB, 19 views)
Old April 14, 2012, 10:48 PM   #5999
TennJed

Picked up a LCR in 22lr today. Got it for a fun gun. Did not have a small .22 revolver in my collection and after handling one, it had to come home with me. I will probably do the reverse of most people and get the 22lr LCR first then pick up one in 357 mag.
Old April 15, 2012, 03:56 AM   #6000
Swami

Picked up a Marlin XT-22tr. The scope is a Bushnell 3-9x40 "bone collector" on some nice Millett rings.