Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 102 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 30, 2012, 10:17 AM   #2526
floydster

thump, was thinking the same thing, would have made the area so much nicer
Old March 30, 2012, 12:24 PM   #2527
GT1

Hey, $75 is 1000 bullets. Certain choices have to be made at times. Sometimes aesthetics have to come in second.
Old March 30, 2012, 01:15 PM   #2528
thump_rrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT1 View Post
Hey, $75 is 1000 bullets. Certain choices have to be made at times. Sometimes aesthetics have to come in second.
I see a Hornady LnL AP Progressive, Hornady Auto Charge, a Thumler Model B, and 6 cans of One Shot.
Something tells me that an extra $75.00 wouldn't make the difference between buying regular food and eating KD for a week and if I had to I'd eat KD for a week and put the drywall up.
Old March 30, 2012, 06:49 PM   #2529
OpelBlitz

While it would have looked nicer, maybe he didn't want it or felt it was necessary.
Old March 30, 2012, 07:48 PM   #2530
Neutered10mm

Simmer down boys ... It's in the works ... Money was tight due to ordering a PSA 5.56 upper for the AR I'm building

Rest assured that drywall is in fact in the plans as money presents itself. I'm in no huge hurry ... I'll be reloading for years to come and the fact remains that the looks of the bench have no impact on the press' ability to turn out great rounds
Old March 30, 2012, 09:02 PM   #2531
BLJimmy

DSC_0001.jpg
Old March 30, 2012, 09:42 PM   #2532
Rollis R. Karvellis

FastCouger your years ahead of me, I, still haven't run my power to the basement yet.
Old April 2, 2012, 03:19 PM   #2533
snuffy

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCougar View Post
She is still a work in progress. For instance, I will be redoing the peg board and installing a hard wired outlet hub (6 outlets) so I can keep the wires running to the back of the bench. As it stands now, the plan is to eventually top the OSB with a smooth counter surface and install a vise on the corner as well as install some shelves above the peg board. Also going to hang another shop lamp up above and install a ceiling mount double outlet.

I'm not trying to be an ass but just offering constructive criticism.
Installing a couple of sheets of drywall would go a long way in producing a much better looking reloading area. Your total cost would have gone up by maybe $75.00 including a can of primer and a couple of hours worth of labor
Here's my idea of decorating;

I don't need no damned interior decorator telling me my loading area is ugly. That safe is in my living room. No SWMBO to tell me any different. My whole house is a man cave,, "rustic" is what I call it, some may call it a mess!

Last edited by snuffy; April 2, 2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old April 14, 2012, 01:26 PM   #2534
Ronno

I still need to build a bigger area in the basement. I don't have 4 presses set up because of no room. I do have up and running from the earlier photos, the Dillon w/casefeeder, Hornady LNL AP w/casefeeder and bullter feeder, RCBS Pro 2000, MEC 9000GN, MEC 600Jr and Horandy LNL. I still need to set up another Hornady LNL, Hornady 366 12ga, RCBS rock chucker and Forester.... So many toys and not enought room!
Old April 14, 2012, 02:48 PM   #2535
M.Weier

It works......

Old April 14, 2012, 03:45 PM   #2536
Ret.CWO

Picture 906.jpg

Picture 893.jpg

I have since added to the bench from when this photo was taken. Wish I had more room.
Old April 14, 2012, 04:03 PM   #2537
joecil

Here is the last pictures I've taken off it which when I first set it up. I have 2 Lee Pro 1000 presses, 1 Lee Reloader Press and mostly load 45 Colt (Pyrodex or Goex), 45 ACP and 9mm. I load 12 ga by hand with old discontinued Lee Loader hand kit and also with Pyrodex or Goex.

IMG_0214_Sm.jpgIMG_0219_Sm.jpg
Old April 14, 2012, 04:06 PM   #2538
jwrowland77

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1334433911.307396.jpg. Here's my very first reloading bench. I have in the works for a new one already.
Old April 14, 2012, 04:15 PM   #2539
Ret.CWO

O.K. Huntinco I think you got us all beat. Would love to come and play. If I could have a setup like that it would be like I died and went to heaven. You and your friends have fun as life is to short not to.

Semper Fi
CW03 (Ret.)
Old April 16, 2012, 10:46 AM   #2540
JagerMachine

Finished my reloading/workbench. Pretty simple and very sturdy. I'll be spending a few hours reading through this thread to get ideas for shelves/storage.

2x6 framework, 4x4 legs and 3/4" thick oak top.

Old April 16, 2012, 11:45 AM   #2541
blarby
Contributing Member

Ahhh, the simplicity and soothing darkness !

The brass and extra powder storage is underneath, and in the closet behind me.

The shelf to the right is simply for tools needed at the time, and loaded storage.

I have the beauty of having a normal "room" to use, so I don't need to pack everything into one corner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bench.jpg (72.0 KB, 281 views)

The Reloading section Pay it Forward thread. Here
Old April 16, 2012, 11:46 AM   #2542
Neutered10mm

Looks great ... a little word of advice: If you are going to forgo the front legs, make sure you lag bolt rear legs to studs in the wall. If your legs don't align with wall studs, I'd opt to lag a 2x4 or even a 4x4 between the last two legs (nearest the press) and then cross bolt those 2 legs to this wall brace. I have found that my bench will slightly rock if I press down hard enough in my rhythm. I'm waiting to install drywall before doing this, but I have found that it's needed with my setup, you might find the same. Great stain matching with the old toolbox! Kudos
Old April 16, 2012, 11:52 AM   #2543
GT1

blarby with the duct tape light mount for the winner.

Right out of Red Green.
Old April 16, 2012, 02:11 PM   #2544
JagerMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCougar View Post
Looks great ... a little word of advice: If you are going to forgo the front legs, make sure you lag bolt rear legs to studs in the wall. If your legs don't align with wall studs, I'd opt to lag a 2x4 or even a 4x4 between the last two legs (nearest the press) and then cross bolt those 2 legs to this wall brace. I have found that my bench will slightly rock if I press down hard enough in my rhythm. I'm waiting to install drywall before doing this, but I have found that it's needed with my setup, you might find the same. Great stain matching with the old toolbox! Kudos
FastCougar-

I thought about bolting it to the wall, but it is extremely sturdy and doesnt lean/flex a bit when I really crank down on the press. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'm really happy with how the stain came out.. that is just one coat of Minwax Dark Walnut.
Old April 16, 2012, 04:07 PM   #2545
Neutered10mm

inspected my bench after writing that thinking it might be the case ... found a slight wobble in one of my legs ... about 1/16" shorter than the rest ... shimmed and now is rock solid as well
Old April 16, 2012, 05:32 PM   #2546
blarby
Contributing Member

Quote:
blarby with the duct tape light mount for the winner.

Right out of Red Green.
Look closely....its duct tape OVER zip ties.... that son-of-a-gun just wont stay STILL !

The Reloading section Pay it Forward thread. Here
Old April 16, 2012, 09:31 PM   #2547
ole farmerbuck
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarby View Post
Look closely....its duct tape OVER zip ties.... that son-of-a-gun just wont stay STILL !
Thats what a hot glue gun is for! I had to do it to a light just like that in my old reloading room.
Old April 17, 2012, 11:59 AM   #2548
grandutefan

Jager, I see orbs in your second photo. Is your house haunted?
Old May 7, 2012, 06:40 PM   #2549
scythefwd

new bench, new shed...

Things left to do.. pegboard surround, paint, quick change mount for a progressive and shotgun press, shelf for the scale, shelf for the PM, hang 3' shop light

The top is 2.5" thick, the bolts on the press are .5" thick. Bench top is 49.25x 29.25
Old May 8, 2012, 10:23 AM   #2550
aerod1

My bench

This are pictures of my reloading bench. This is my first attempt at posting a picture. I hope it comes through okay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mms_picture1.jpg (93.6 KB, 257 views)
File Type: jpg mms_picture2.jpg (90.4 KB, 267 views)
Recreational Reloader