Quantcast
A THR knife PICTURE thread?!?! - Page 16 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Non-Firearm Weapons

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 9, 2012, 08:17 AM   #376
the count

Glock Transformation

And here a Glock 78 reborn in DuraCoat Coyote Tan. I love DuraCoat!

Old August 9, 2012, 09:17 AM   #377
BrainOnSigs

Fire-blued Damascus skinner with dyed, stabilized burl handle:

Bird and trout knife with stag handle...gifted to me by my hunting partner's dad:

The 3 Amigos! I commissioned these three for myself, my hunting partner and his dad. Teardrop Damascus with ram's horn handle:

I'm sure most of you know who makes this knife. I love the silver, nickel buttcap on the end of the stag handle:

A few Busses mixed in:

Bug out bag knife:

I could go one...and on..and on....
Old August 9, 2012, 09:18 AM   #378
kBob

Hey Yo

Thanks for posting that Imperial folding fishing knife. One was my first pocket knife and given to me by my fishing buddy, my Grandfather.

Sadly within a year I had fallen to temptation and after having played a few games of mumblypeg with it took a dare and a challange to throw it against a tree. I did hit closest to the mark and it was easy to tell by the broken blade we had to remove from the tree with pliers. My dad made me carry the bladeless folding fish scaler for several months as a learning experience.

-kBob
Old August 9, 2012, 01:06 PM   #379
BrainOnSigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBob View Post
Hey Yo

Thanks for posting that Imperial folding fishing knife. One was my first pocket knife and given to me by my fishing buddy, my Grandfather.

Sadly within a year I had fallen to temptation and after having played a few games of mumblypeg with it took a dare and a challange to throw it against a tree. I did hit closest to the mark and it was easy to tell by the broken blade we had to remove from the tree with pliers. My dad made me carry the bladeless folding fish scaler for several months as a learning experience.

-kBob
Great story!
Old August 9, 2012, 07:47 PM   #380
Yo Mama

Quote:
Hey Yo

-kBob
When my Wife's Grandfather pulled it out, my jaw dropped. I said I needed to take a picture of it, and he was all confused (not a knife guy). Knife was beat to heck, but he was amazed when I said there are many that would love to still have it. I think he values it a bit more now.
Old August 9, 2012, 07:49 PM   #381
Yo Mama

BrainOnSigs, those are some sick blades. The blue Damascus is just amazing man. Thanks for posting them.
Old August 12, 2012, 04:43 PM   #382
Biggerhammer

Dug up a couple more. Some May's, Ingram's, Winston, OLT, Howe Mountain.

Charles May's

Gene Ingram's

OLT Custom

May's & Ingram's

Elephant Ivory Charles May's.

Last edited by Biggerhammer; August 12, 2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old August 13, 2012, 11:52 AM   #383
the count

Real 2009 Thita Knife

Hier is an early (2009) original Thita knife. Grip is anodized titanium, abalone and perl. Blade is Robert Calcinore mosaic damascus. Amazing quality. See more of these at Arizona Custom Knives. Most Thia knives are in the $1300 + range.

Old August 14, 2012, 09:02 AM   #384
j1

I come back to this post every now and then. i am amazed at the beauty of some of these knives. Aren't most of you afraid to use them? I might be. Thanks again for letting me look.
Old August 16, 2012, 09:33 AM   #385
hso

My Harley Battle Bowie with a 7" version used in Desert Storm by the maker's brother.

I've asked for a 5-6" one to be built for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Battle Bowies.jpg (93.1 KB, 60 views)

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.

Last edited by hso; August 16, 2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old August 17, 2012, 05:01 PM   #386
hso

Twins!

Old August 17, 2012, 05:49 PM   #387
ivankerley

A couple of special ones...

SFO knives from GEC and Queen, not only are they great to carry and use but i had the honor of doing the artwork for the labels. Special Doesnt keep them from being carried though, i dont have any safe queens
Regards
Gene
GEC EAO Jack on the left and Queen 2 bladed swell center jack or 'The Moose"
Old August 17, 2012, 07:49 PM   #388
Deltaboy

Nice and I don't have any knife that doesn't get used sooner or latter.
Old August 20, 2012, 08:57 AM   #389
j1

Can I just grind down and shape a piece of truck spring and expect it to chop well as a sort of heavy knife?
Old August 20, 2012, 08:02 PM   #390
hso

Quote:
Can I just grind down and shape a piece of truck spring and expect it to chop well as a sort of heavy knife?
No, there's more to a knife than grinding a piece of metal into a knife shape.

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.
Old August 21, 2012, 01:46 AM   #391
perado

My other favorite maker is Wayne (WR) Clark. Aside from his customs, he did a lot of blades at Protech. While I found some Godfathers he did, but I've never found a Godson. So he rebladed some for me.

"It's the deed, not the device."
Old August 24, 2012, 06:52 PM   #392
Yo Mama

Just had to get one:

Old August 25, 2012, 10:42 PM   #393
Steve32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=napn5m9kZWc

It's not a high quality knife, but the design is nice.
Old August 26, 2012, 12:59 AM   #394
hso

Steve32,

The requirement is that you gotta actually own it to post it. If you own the M-Tech you're welcome to post about it.

BTW, the inexpensive Frosts Moras are much better quality knives for just a couple of dollars more and if you get the chance you should pick one up.

Last edited by hso; August 26, 2012 at 01:07 AM.
Old August 26, 2012, 01:09 PM   #395
BrainOnSigs

A few more:

Microtech LUDT:

Zero tolerance ZT0301:

Chris Reeves Green Beret:
Old August 27, 2012, 10:53 PM   #396
Visheau

My trio (excluding my kitchen-ware)

Old August 28, 2012, 05:11 AM   #397
Pete D.

Springs

Quote:
Quote:
No, there's more to a knife than grinding a piece of metal into a knife shape.
Much more. You can make a quite serviceable knife from a truck spring but doing so involves a whole lot more than just grinding it down (annealing, shaping, sharpening, tempering, polishing...and then there's the scales and mounting/shaping them.) The knives pictured here are exceptional (and expensive) tools produced by talented craftsmen. Whenever I see, as in this thread, some really fine examples of the knifemakers art, I am surprised that they don't cost more than they do.
Pete
Old September 8, 2012, 10:13 PM   #398
Steve32

MTech MT570 Tactical Folder Knife

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIWlEvIulZo
Old September 8, 2012, 10:16 PM   #399
TrailWolf

Love my Busses, ESEEs and Spydercos

Last edited by TrailWolf; September 8, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Old September 9, 2012, 03:07 PM   #400
Il Duca

My first custom folder:

Peter Marzitelli Totk 2