Quantcast
What's your "never buy" gun? - Page 61 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old May 4, 2012, 12:16 AM   #1501
bubba15301

airsofts
Old May 4, 2012, 12:41 AM   #1502
overcast_days

Charter Arms and Charco are my never buys for quality reasons. I avoid j frames since they do not fit my hands.
Old May 5, 2012, 04:16 AM   #1503
Monson

Glock...as someone said....if I want to play with tupper ware I'll go to the kitchen!
Old May 5, 2012, 10:48 AM   #1504
plexreticle

I would buy anything thing if the price was right.
Old September 27, 2012, 08:05 AM   #1505
reggiec

cimarron arms

Cimarron Arms; Just a word of caution for any of you that are considering purchasing any products from Cimarron Arms. I just want to tell you that I purchased a new, matching set of sixguns that came from this company several years ago, and after many efforts and frustration over the past couple of years, I've given up. I had several issues with these guns, from double stamped serial numbers and mis matched base pin to white pearlite grips that turned yellow in just a few short years. They have not made good on any of it. They won't even contact you to tell you they can't do anything about it. Also, one of the reasons I purchased these guns was sort of as a collectors item. I doubt they are worth half of what I paid for them. Get your products from anyone but them!
Old September 27, 2012, 11:14 AM   #1506
JoelSteinbach
Contributing Member

any thing Taurus, went thru 3 different revolvers including the judge, all had issues
Charter Member JPFO
Old September 27, 2012, 11:28 AM   #1507
OrangePwrx9

Flintlocks! I'm not buying any damn flintlocks. I've got so many guns to mess with now, that I don't have time for another level of fussing and fidgeting. If it isn't percussion in some way shape or form, I'm not interested.
Old September 27, 2012, 12:30 PM   #1508
Agsalaska

Probably an AR-15. I will keep some of my opinions on why the AR is so popular to myself. But I just dont get the point of an AR-15 in the field. I would much prefer a bolt action Winchester or Weatherby for hunting. Its a little too high maintanance to be considered a good brush gun, at least not in the sandy, hot, humid, and wet world that I would use it in. We stick the 30-30 or the .22 on the Bigfoot and dont take it off for a month. There is no way an AR-15 could handle that and frankly I dont want to fiddle with it all the time. I suppose the personal defense argument is a valid one, but I wouldnt trade my 12 gauge for it.
Old September 27, 2012, 01:39 PM   #1509
jp3

Glock. I drank the kool aide and spit it out.

Last edited by jp3; September 27, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old September 27, 2012, 02:44 PM   #1510
mdauben

Quote:
Any gun that I could find a cheaper alternative to.
I would never buy any gun only because it was cheaper than a similar product from another company.

“Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples’ liberty’s teeth.”
~ George Washington
Old September 27, 2012, 08:39 PM   #1511
threefortyduster

I tend to never say never, but the gun least likely to appear around me is a Mosin Nagant. Ugly pieces of wood and metal that take 10 hours of cleaning when you buy them just to shoot ammo you can usually only find online.

I don't care how cheap the gun or the ammo is, .22s are cheaper to shoot.
Old September 27, 2012, 08:43 PM   #1512
Warp

KelTec

Kimber

Anything I haven't heard of

Probably Taurus

“In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing."
― Theodore Roosevelt
Old September 28, 2012, 09:21 AM   #1513
stubbicatt

Probably an AR15. Just don't like them. Never even considered a Taurus or Tanfoglio. Don't particularly care for the older Ruger auto pistols, very clunky. Nothing made by IMI. Jennings and similar scary firearms.
Old September 28, 2012, 11:48 AM   #1514
The_Armed_Therapist

I'm going to be a jerk. 1911. It isn't because I dislike it, nor that I don't respect it. It's really quite simple.

1.) For it's size, it's capacity doesn't do it for me. I understand that higher and higher capacities is a new trend; and I am quite young. My thinking has simply been constructed around the idea that more capacity is better, for better or worse.

2.) They're too big for my hand. I've also been constructed around the idea that I like to operate the slide releases, safeties, etc, with one hand. I don't fully know why. I can't even come close to operating these things with one hand on the 1911. This is pure personal preference.

3.) Even if they weren't too big, they feel uncomfortable to me. I don't like the grips. Again, this is probably because I'm used to other designs, but that doesn't make it more comfortable to me.

4.) I'd want a good one, and they're out of my price range. A Springfield Armory, at minimum, with some custom work. I'd really want a Kimber, so I'd be looking at well over a grand. I will never be wealthy, and can't see myself spending so much on a pistol when XDs, Glocks, M&Ps, and many others with great track records, can be bought for under $500. This is especially true when I value rifles much more highly.

5.) Even compared to something like a Glock 20, the 1911 is far less concealable. I wouldn't want a 4" or 3" 1911 because the grips are basically the same (still too big and too uncomfortable to me), and I like full-sized pistols. 1911s are also much heavier than even the Glock 20.

I don't intend to blaspheme the things, but I will never buy a 1911. They are strong in areas that I don't value highly, weak in areas that I do, don't suit me personally, and are too expensive. I believe them to be great pistols, though! I really do.
Old September 28, 2012, 12:16 PM   #1515
Kyle M.

I'l buy anything except a hi-point or any other gun known to explode. I've talked to many a person who has ended up with various parts of a hipoint lodged in there cranium.
Old September 28, 2012, 05:31 PM   #1516
Ranger Roberts
Contributing Member

I received a Jager p74 in .22 from a friends family after a relative of theirs passed away. I thought it might be fun to have another little .22 plinker. What a POS! It literally fell apart! I don't even know if someone would take it for parts!
Old October 1, 2012, 03:11 AM   #1517
xxjumbojimboxx

Call me what you want

Ill buy anything for the right price, for two reasons. Im obsessed with shooting and learning how to break down, fix, clean, alter, and play with any gun imaginable, and if the world comes to a post apocolyptic status then ill have more knowledge then the next guy. That being said, there are some guns I wont pay retail for. Actually i wont pay retail for most guns, there are so many good used ones that are really cheap if your not scared to put 50 dollars into it and fix it.
Old October 2, 2012, 10:35 AM   #1518
Nushif

Quote:
I'l buy anything except a hi-point or any other gun known to explode. I've talked to many a person who has ended up with various parts of a hipoint lodged in there cranium.
You'll excuse me, but I highly doubt that.

I can't say I would add any new guns to when I first answered, remarkably. There are very few guns I truly would not own.
Old October 2, 2012, 01:53 PM   #1519
helitack32f1

The question was about "never buy" guns, as opposed to "never own" guns. There are lots of guns i would never make the effort to buy. However, most of those guns i would say "Heck yah!" if someone was to give them to me for free. If nothing else, the inoperable ones could be turned in to a gun buy back program to get money for more ammo for the guns I keep!
Old October 2, 2012, 02:40 PM   #1520
reb27

Any Ruger centerfire semi-auto.
Old December 2, 2012, 03:09 PM   #1521
Alnamvet68

Taurus or Rossi revolvers; Springfield Armory XD's.
Old December 2, 2012, 03:36 PM   #1522
csa77

anything springfield .
Old December 2, 2012, 03:44 PM   #1523
JoelSteinbach
Contributing Member

amen to the Taurus
Charter Member JPFO
Old December 2, 2012, 04:27 PM   #1524
snakeman

Ruger sr series. those things just plain suck!
Old December 2, 2012, 04:50 PM   #1525
r1derbike

Glocks Will Never Be in this Household

Anything Glock.