Quantcast
What is the last gun that you bought? - Page 267 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 27, 2012, 07:15 PM   #6651
Gun Master

What is the last gun you bought?

8 x 56R ? Where did you get your ammo? Isn't it like......non-existant? Almost? Seriously, I was thinking about getting a steyr M95 , myself.

Last edited by Gun Master; October 29, 2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: meant for gandog56
Old October 28, 2012, 03:54 AM   #6652
hemiram

Last one I got was a Taurus 845. A friend has one and it's great. It was my first plastic gun since the HK VP70 I had long ago. Out of the box, nothing but jams. It was super touchy about limpwristing. Only if held like I was trying to keep zombies from coming through a door would it even come close to feeding a whole mag. Tried swapping mags with my friend's gun and it was slightly better, so I took the mags apart and cleaned them, and deburred the followers and it helped, a little. Cleaned it all up, lubed it to ridiculous levels and put a bunch of ammo through it and it slowly got better, but was still touchy about grip, ammo, and I finally gave up after Taurus worked on it and it was worse than it was when I sent it. Not clear what they did to it, but to me, 1 out of three mags without any issue is not acceptable. I sold it at a loss to a friend who is going to experiment with it and see if he can figure out the problem. I'll stick with my S&W 4506, 4586, and Witness 45. All three are totally rock solid reliable, and can be held any way I want without any problems.
Old October 28, 2012, 08:29 PM   #6653
jrinfoley

Ruger LCP a couple of weeks ago. Its my first pocket pistol/mouse gun and I really like its small size and weight but the long heavy DA trigger pull is taking a bit of getting used to.
Old October 28, 2012, 10:20 PM   #6654
inkinskin

Taurus PT945 Stainless
Old October 29, 2012, 01:23 AM   #6655
NEED MORE AMMO

Winchester M70 Extreme Weather .270win and a Sig Sauer P229 9mm
Old October 29, 2012, 02:14 AM   #6656
Paincakesx

Windham Weaponry SRC AR15.
Old October 29, 2012, 05:01 AM   #6657
ojh

S&W 17-6 (1990) with an 8" full-lug tube. Fired the first shots yesterday. Darn that thing is heavy to hold, but I enjoyed every second!
Old October 29, 2012, 05:26 PM   #6658
Gun Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyz View Post
I read recently that you can install a Wolf spring to reduce the double action trigger.
Thanks. I did get all 3 Wolff springs, but used only hammer/mainspring. Double action is much better. Also, Hogue Handall Jr. on the grips. Man, was that ever hard to get on. Installing the Mainspring wasn't nearly as easy as Nagantman shows on Youtube, either.

Last edited by Gun Master; October 30, 2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Re:P-64 Stiff DA
Old October 29, 2012, 06:46 PM   #6659
whtsmoke

Ruger New Model Blackhawk convertible 357/9mm, winter project will be playing with the 9mm i can also see a conversion done to that cylinder.
Old November 1, 2012, 06:21 PM   #6660
Billy Ray

This one...

My foray to the dark side.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0370.jpg (65.1 KB, 16 views)
Old November 1, 2012, 07:02 PM   #6661
22-rimfire

Does anyone actually read the responses in this thread?
Old November 1, 2012, 07:49 PM   #6662
whtsmoke

every night
Old November 1, 2012, 08:43 PM   #6663
Morgo

Beretta 92fs Combat

Old November 1, 2012, 09:11 PM   #6664
Gun Master

Last gun you bought & Does anybody read these replies?

I understand, 22-rimfire. I have had the same inkling. Some do , & some don't. I have had difficulty remembering the thread, etc. ,and hope the websight might come up with some good ideas of making it easy to get back to the link, without flooding my email with responses that have nothing to do with my response or a reply to my response. Wow ! That was a long sentence, but I feel better. Don't mean to sound critical. Maybe somebody has some suggestions. Also, Morgo, I thought you guys had to turn in your guns, after the SKS killer. Please enlighten me. Thanks.

Last edited by Gun Master; November 1, 2012 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Addition for Morgo's post.
Old November 1, 2012, 09:32 PM   #6665
Cokeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 22-rimfire View Post
Does anyone actually read the responses in this thread?
Nope. I only look at the pictures. Who really cares about what gun someone else got if you don't get to see it?

Great Beretta picture by the way. Those of you who didn't post a pic, shame on you.
LMT STD 16
Mossberg 500A
Kahr P380
Henry H001Y
Winchester 12
Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
Mossberg 500B
Marlin 336Y
Old November 1, 2012, 09:35 PM   #6666
Kaeto

I read every entry as they are posted.

1911. For when 911 just isn't fast enough.

"Be wary of Strong Drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors...
And miss!" - L. Long
Old November 1, 2012, 09:37 PM   #6667
PT92

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman097 View Post
Ordered my VEPR 12 thursday....cant wait for it to come in.
I have been reading a lot about this new Russian Shotgun of late and indeed it does appear to be a marvelous beastly-beauty. That said and just out of curiousity, why the VEPR over the Saiga 12?

So far from what I can tell those opting for the VEPR over the Saiga are doing so as it comes already converted from the factory at a better price whereas the Saiga leaves the Izhmash facility with conventional stock build (buyer then has to ante up $$$ for the costly conversion).

I have had my converted Saiga 12 for seven years now and, of course, the VEPR was not around at the time. However, had it been a matter of choice for me back then I most likely would have opted for a VEPR for both the aforementioned reasons as well as the magwell which "true" AK fanatics might find objectionable . This is not to imply that I think the VEPR is a "superior" build but it is a more than viable alternative to what used to be essentially a Saiga monopoly in this particular arena.
Old November 1, 2012, 09:42 PM   #6668
ghitch75

bought the parts and built it.....

Old November 1, 2012, 10:08 PM   #6669
littleguns223

Another Ruger American. This time in 243 caliber.
Old November 1, 2012, 11:18 PM   #6670
rvanpelt

Thanks to everyone for their posts. It's fun to see what everyone is buying these days. Well naturally we all probably pay more attention to the posts with pics, but I read the others too. Like they say, "if there is no pic, it probably didn't happen", just kidding...lol
I bought this Remington model 597 .22 with composition stock, BSA red dot for my wife, the grand kids and me. It was a tough decision between this and the Ruger 10/22, which would have been fun to add on a bunch of tactical goodies, but I wanted a "stay open" bolt after last shot for safety reasons. Plus it was on sale at Cabela's for almost $100 less than the Ruger. It shoots right on after being bore sighted by Don at Cabela's in Sidney, not picky on ammo and feels like you're holding a quality "MADE IN THE USA" high power rifle.
Thanks for looking.
Rod
Old November 2, 2012, 02:30 PM   #6671
Gun Master

I like the pics too. Some of us don't have scanning ability. I'd show pics if I could. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the pics, and keep posting. All the best. I agree with you.

Last edited by Gun Master; November 2, 2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Reply meant for Cokeman.
Old November 2, 2012, 04:51 PM   #6672
loma alta legend

Federal arms FA 91
Old November 2, 2012, 05:01 PM   #6673
PT92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gun Master View Post
I like the pics too. Some of us don't have scanning ability. I'd show pics if I could. In the meantime, I'll enjoy the pics, and keep posting. All the best. I agree with you.
Do you mean camera and not "scanning? " I know what you mean though as many of these guys cameras put my pics to shame ...

--Cheers
Old November 2, 2012, 07:23 PM   #6674
Gun Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT92 View Post
Do you mean camera and not "scanning? " I know what you mean though as many of these guys cameras put my pics to shame ...

--Cheers
Pics? Scanners? Whatever, I confess , I am in the Neolithic technically , in word savy ,& computer quality. I just hunt and peck on my 'pooter, to my heart's content. This is the best gun forum IMHO. Most of all , "I LOVE GUNS" ! I enjoy the pics & lingo, comprende? I think you guys (and gals) are great? Have any of y'all bought a Croatian PHP ? I was thinking of buying one . How are they ,and any pics?
Old November 2, 2012, 07:28 PM   #6675
Josh45

Latest purchase was a Glock 29 SF, My first Glock chambered in 10mm.
Absolute beast to shoot and your hands pay for it.