Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 114 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old January 20, 2013, 09:18 PM   #2826
gspn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seismic Sam View Post
Made it from Unistrut about 25 years ago, and the top is 2 x 12's bolted to the metal.

[URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL
uuuhhhh...I don't see any reloading gear...I just see pictures from the Dillon calendar....
Old January 20, 2013, 10:55 PM   #2827
dsm

Quote:
I'm kinda understocked with a whole pound of powder and 300 primers..

But I got 5000 BB's..
Once you get hooked...you will be building another and another....
Old January 20, 2013, 11:11 PM   #2828
hueyville

I too have a gazillion BB's. They work good in 12 gauge duplex loads. As a last ditch effort, I bought a set of .177 and .22 pellet swaging dies. I have several nice pellet rifles thus I can technically at least shoot something forever if ammo and components all went away. Never underestimate a good .22 pellet rifle. Bad guy no want to fight when I put his eye out with my pellet rifle.
Old January 20, 2013, 11:19 PM   #2829
lightman

You are right, never underestimate a pellet rifle. A good friend squirrel hunts with one. He usually gets a limit when he goes! Lightman
Old January 20, 2013, 11:47 PM   #2830
oldreloader

You don't realize it yet but you do have a problem. You think you have way too much room but you will soon discover it wilol NEVER be enough! LOL.
Old January 21, 2013, 09:31 AM   #2831
Wylie1

Those are improv dust covers and I have to ad a cabinet above soon for the stuff under my reloading desk Dust is my enemy in this realm!

The Sierra box there holds a match set, brass within .2 of a grain and bullets within .2 of a grain. Think that's bad, you should see me weighing out powder, I almost sweat. Oh that one could use one more pebble, oh crap gotta take out a couple pebbles from that one............. LOL!
Old January 21, 2013, 09:31 PM   #2832
AFK

Fianlly went from this

To this

The MEC press, grinder, and vise are all mounted on bases that are removable from the bench. They can mount to the right of the wall cabinet.

The best thing is, I only had to buy the wood for the bench itself, I had everything else.

The rest of my part of the basement
Old January 22, 2013, 02:27 AM   #2833
209jones

I essentially stole this NMRA bench off a fella at work that was getting divorced for 150.00, around 1984 or so. I ended up running out of storage, so added the other bench and a powder mag. Casting stuff is out in the garage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reloading setup 001.jpg (118.0 KB, 300 views)
File Type: jpg Merkel with finished bench 002.jpg (120.7 KB, 344 views)
Old January 22, 2013, 03:09 AM   #2834
Cosmoline

Cowtownup, that's a very nice looking station. I'd suggest dies and powder up above and bullets down below for ballast.
Old January 22, 2013, 09:23 AM   #2835
LAH

What's that in the chair Mr. Jones?
Old January 23, 2013, 12:48 PM   #2836
cowtownup

I'm kinda having a hard time choosing a mounting location.. I built a decent bench and stained it and hate to jack it all up with mounting holes, but I guess I got to start somewhere and figure out what works for me.. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Obviously the single stage press on the right side since it feeds from the left... The powder dropper is what has me stumped..
Old January 23, 2013, 09:40 PM   #2837
cowtownup

I built a mount for my powder charge this afternoon that got it up where I wanted it and I hope this is a good starting point for the press...

Last edited by cowtownup; January 23, 2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old January 23, 2013, 09:46 PM   #2838
cowtownup

Old January 25, 2013, 02:38 PM   #2839
Nalgi

Speaking of Benches... I was at Home Depot and they have the pre made benches like the one g59 has for $40!!!!
I got mine last spring and paid $70
Old January 25, 2013, 10:26 PM   #2840
thomis

ya can't really see the cabinets full of boolits but here's the center of it all

Old January 26, 2013, 06:03 PM   #2841
hueyville

Guys, while none my bidness I spent the time to go through this entire thread. There are sets of pictures that show some guys actually have every tool necessary to defeat their vault in the same space as the vault. A welder can be turned up high enough to burn through the side of a.vault, metal working tools make the job easier. I know we have to make do with the space we have but maybe think about chaining up a welder out of reach of a plug so it can't be used without a key. Put your tools that can defeat the vault in a job box, etc. Just an idea and please don't think I am stirring in your business. Just an observation from an obsessive compulsive freak. Luckily I have a business with a full machine shop and metal fab facility. Thus all those tools stay at work. I know not everyone has that luxury but a 300 dollar job box and a few pieces of chain and padlocks would protect your vault from your own tools and protect your tools too. Just my two cents, may only be worth a penny though.
Old January 26, 2013, 10:22 PM   #2842
Manny

Spent the last few days going through this entire thread and gained a wealth of good ideas to set up my own reloading area. I've had a Lee classic cast turret and associated gear sitting in boxes for several years and recent events have caused me to get serious about getting it set up for use. While all the posts were appreciated, the compact space efficient ones were more in line with the room I have available. Thanks to all who contributed.
Old January 27, 2013, 01:57 AM   #2843
altitude_19

Quote:
A welder can be turned up high enough to burn through the side of a.vault, metal working tools make the job easier
Supposin' that I left a torch there on purpose and my safe is chock full o' gunpowder? :'P
Old January 27, 2013, 02:09 AM   #2844
hueyville

Your option. Might defeat the purpose if house looks like tornado hit it afterwards. Only vault I know of that dumb crooks got in, owner had safe in garage and a huskqvarna gas chop saw sitting 10 feet from vault. Even dumb crooks figured that out. He lost over 100,000 because of that saw left full of fuel.
Old January 27, 2013, 12:59 PM   #2845
towerdog

I have been reloading for about a year now. I finally took over a small room in the basement and it is now the reloading room. Still a work in progress but this is the start.

Some of the clean brass ready to go.

The start of my bench limited space but it works really well.
Old January 27, 2013, 02:27 PM   #2846
tooltech

My new bench, at the new house.
Old January 27, 2013, 02:46 PM   #2847
hueyville

I seem to be noticing that reloaders tend to drink a lot of coffee. One look at the potos of their bench, you immediately know the flavor of their daily brew.
Old January 27, 2013, 03:10 PM   #2848
beeenbag
Contributing Member

Quote:
I seem to be noticing that reloaders tend to drink a lot of coffee. One look at the potos of their bench, you immediately know the flavor of their daily brew.
Not to mention the red folgers cans match my two lee presses

[IMG][/IMG]
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be ‘If I only had my gun.’”
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass.”

www.zcastbulletz.com
Old January 27, 2013, 03:33 PM   #2849
flashhole

If beer came in plastic tubs like coffee I'd be all set.
Old January 28, 2013, 11:18 AM   #2850
LAH

thomis I love the handle in your Lyman Turret.