Quantcast
Hunting Mentors - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Shooting Activities and Venues > Hunting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old November 15, 2011, 01:30 PM   #1
Art Eatman
Administrator

Hunting Mentors

Courtesy an effort by Bobson:

I was going to include a column for the type of game each mentor hunts, as well as one for the tool(s) the mentor uses (bowhunting, rifle, etc), but the table was too cluttered, imo. Plus some of the mentors hunt every type of game, and use everything from rifle, muzzleloader, archery, and everything in between. I figured it would be better to let each "student" discuss the game and type of hunting with the mentor for his area.

I organized the list alphabetically by state, and tried to include a specific area of the region when applicable, if supplied by the mentor. I also did my best to keep the table clean, but it's still a bit cluttered... maybe a moderator can clean it up more effectively, if need be. Here's the updated list:

THR User - - - - - - State/Region - - - - - - - Contact Via:
Wankerjake - - - - - Arizona (North) - - - - - - PM via THR
Lennyjoe - - - - - - Arizona (South) - - - - - - PM via THR
Castingdonkey - - - Colorado (Western Slope) - PM via THR
ExBiologist - - - - - Colorado (Front Range) - - - PM via THR
Larry Ashcraft - - - Colorado (Southern) - - - - PM via THR
Taylorce1 - - - - - -Colorado - - - - - - - - - - taylorce1@yahoo.com
USMC – Retired - - -Georgia - - - - - - - - - - - PM via THR
Grubbylabs - - - - - Idaho - - - - - - - - - - - -PM via THR
Scout26 - - - - - - Illinois - - - - - - - - - - - - scout26@sbcglobal.net
RandyB - - - - - - -Indiana - - - - - - - - - - - PM via THR
627PCFan - - - - - Maryland - - - - - - - - - - - PM via THR
Devildog4329 - - - Maryland - - - - - - - - - - - PM via THR
NMLongBow - - - - New Mexico - - - - - - - - - PM via THR
Matthew Temkin - - New York - - - - - - - - - - PM via THR
1911 guy - - - - - -Ohio - - - - - - - - - - - - - PM via THR
MCgunner - - - - - -Texas - - - - - - - - - - - - PM via THR
VT Deer Hunter - - Vermont - - - - - - - - - - - -PM via THR
627PCFan - - - - - Virginia - - - - - - - - - - - - PM via THR
AR-Yoter - - - - - Washington (state) - - - - - - PM via THR
PolishRifleman - - - Washington (state) - - - - - PM via THR
Devildog4329 - - - West Virginia - - - - - - - - - PM via THR

Obviously many of the people who offered to mentor over the years aren't listed here. Those who aren't didn't respond to my PMs over the last month. If I left anyone out, I apologize, and will fix it if it's brought to my attention. Thanks a lot to everyone who helped complete this. Best of luck to all you future hunters out there.
Old November 15, 2011, 01:34 PM   #2
Art Eatman
Administrator

We also have:

GABOYinMO who's looking for advice in central/north Missouri.

gunslinger15 who can help in the Texas Panhandle.

tahuana001 who can help in northern/central Idaho.
Old December 12, 2011, 09:44 AM   #3
Samcro

Uncle Ted all the Way loved him since I was a Kid .

Sam
Tenn
Old December 12, 2011, 10:09 AM   #4
JoeMal

Thanks for this and thanks to all mentors

-From a guy who wants to get into hunting but doesn't know where to start
Old February 9, 2012, 10:28 PM   #5
Hawghunter68

We have a mentor program going here in North Carolina now and I signed on the first year.My Dad was one of the best hunters around and a top hunter safety instructor and he always instilled in myself and my brother,to keep our sport alive we need to teach others.We as hunters have the responsibility to pass our heritage on to others,nobody is gonna do it for us and there are to many groups that want nothing more than to stop all hunting.Keep our sport alive by taking a new hunter along with you and teaching them the right way.
Old August 18, 2012, 10:49 AM   #6
jrdolall
Contributing Member

I can help anyone looking for help with hunting in Alabama and parts of Georgia. I have been hunting these areas since the 70s for turkey, deer, and pretty much all game animals.
Old August 20, 2012, 12:23 AM   #7
countertop

Feel free to list me for Northern Virginia/DC area. I also can take folks out in Maryland.

I hunt anything and everything.
Old November 17, 2012, 02:14 PM   #8
Axel Larson

I know it is late in the season for deer in VT ( I am going back out this evening to try) but I have not had a lot of luck if anyone is in Northern Vermont and willing to show me more of the ropes that would be great, even if it is next year.
Old December 11, 2012, 12:28 PM   #9
Jeremyl989x

Mentor needed

I am new to archery have never been hunting because my dad never did it and always worked, I would like to find that someone who would be willing to take me on and teach me I'm a quick leaner and an upstanding person, no criminal record not even a speeding ticket! I live in concord nc, if anyone has any advice to where I could find a mentor please let me know I would love to be able to teach my future kids thank you!
Old February 2, 2013, 12:36 AM   #10
topdep

Let me tag along, my deer/hog is yours

I've never gone hunting, but I know it is in my blood.
I really appreciate if any expert can let tag along, and whatever I got will be your.
As long as I still go with you, you take all the meat. No matter how many times.
I have bought my WMA permit and hunting license.
I am in Jupiter/West Palm Beach area, so Southeast and South Regions are better for me to travel. I have a 30-30 and I will get a short gun next week.
Please give me a shout! Thanks much in advance
Nick
Old February 2, 2013, 01:05 AM   #11
Alaska444

Hey, great list. Don't think I will need to use it, but great post. My best friend here in Northern Idaho has spent his life hunting, logging, fishing, camping and hiking in these mountains. His grandpa taught him to hunt when he was only 5.
Old October 10, 2013, 11:05 PM   #12
madFive

Greetings! Hopefully some people are still keeping an eye on this thread. I just noticed THR had a hunting forum and decided to join up. Can't believe I haven't thought of joining THR 'till now. I've lurked here a good bit over the years.

I'm in North Georgia, looking for an experienced hunter to let me tag along for my first deer hunt. I've been trying to get ahold of some venison for a couple years now, but still haven't found anyone willing to train a noob. I'm good with safe and clean shooting, and am even willing to do field-dressing and butchering, I just have no idea how to actually find a deer in the middle of the woods. :P

Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I tried the mentor listed for GA, but looks like he hasn't been active here since July, so not sure if/when I'll get a reply. Thanks!
Old November 12, 2013, 06:22 PM   #13
gspn

I can help out with folks that hunt Mississippi.
Memo to all nsa, fbi, cia, dia, dea, atf, mba, aok, fmj, kgb, MI5, and any others that might be listeneing/reading/tracking my metadata...i share this computer with an old lady, an ex-con, a priest, a used car salesman, a military veteran, a pacifist, a vegetarian, a hunter, a circus midget, a Panamanian strong man, and a chihuahua...so any data you have will be random and useless...good luck.

My outdoors blog…stories about hunting, fishing, and life:

http://southernoutdoorsman.blogspot.com
Old December 14, 2013, 09:18 PM   #14
Katitmail

I'm looking for some help starting hunting in MO St. Louis area. I have hunter Ed course completed but have no clue where to start..