Quantcast
New Member? Introduce yourself here (just intros, questions get answered elsewhere) - Page 336 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old February 21, 2013, 02:24 PM   #8376
Rspitler

My name is Robert Spitler and I'm a new guy here. Like to say hello to everybody .
Old February 21, 2013, 02:28 PM   #8377
fanchisimo

Welcome. This a great firearms website that has loads of info and virtually any answer to any question you seek.

“There is nothing so likely to produce peace as to be well prepared to meet an enemy.” -George Washington
Old February 21, 2013, 02:28 PM   #8378
CoRoMo

Greetings Mr. Spitler!

Welcome to, what has got to be, the best gun forum on the entire internet.
Old February 21, 2013, 02:29 PM   #8379
ole farmerbuck
Contributing Member

Hey Robert. Welcome
Old February 21, 2013, 02:30 PM   #8380
Akita1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRoMo View Post
Greetings Mr. Spitler!

Welcome to, what has got to be, the best gun forum on the entire internet.
Echo that - good people, decent behavior, strong convictions, good information and great perspectives. Hope you enjoy!

- Jean-Paul Sartre
Old February 22, 2013, 01:34 AM   #8381
unidrew@aol.com

Unidrew

I am a TC and Encore reloader for 45acp, 357max, 22 Hornet, 30-06, Casual 454, and .223. Now that I have a SS Mini 14 chambered in 223, I am learning the in's and out's of feeding it bullets. Consequently my perfect 4198TC 223 loads must be kept separate from the Mini 14 223 loads. I am shooting barns 55 grain bullets in a 16" mini barrel. So far 25.4 grains of Win 748 pushes out 2800 ft/sec. And cylcles great (just as fast as I can pull the trigger). It is a wast.... but its fun. Never saw a mudpuddle I did'nt like. Yes preban30's and 20's are more fun than the stock 10'S and 5's clips.

Why I am contacting you... When propellent is readily available once again.
What is your favorite powder for 55 grain copper clad SPBT bullets in my 16" barrel Mini 14? I am looking at Win 748, IMR4895, H335, Accurate 2460, Reloader 10X

And again 55 grain bullets 16in barrel with a slower powder: TAC, Reloader 12, Accuate 4064, IMR 4064, and H4895.

Lot of folk seem to like all every powder I listed, but they do not always say how long their barrel is, if it is a semi auto, and what wieight bullentthey used.

My Thompson Contender has a very nice load book for all calibers and all powders and all pullet wieghts. Does the Mini 14 semi auto have a similar book or pamphlet.

By the way the AR seems to have a following using 65+ grain bullets. But I shoot 55 grain.

Thanks for sharing (in advance) your mimi 14 experince with me. I Chrono my loads at the muzzle + 2 yards. If closer, I shake up my Chrono.
Old February 22, 2013, 10:23 AM   #8382
Rich Cronk

New member here

Hello,
I am new to this board, but certainly not new to guns. I am a 72 year old retired Poleceman who makes predator calls and howlers. Calling coyotes is my passion, even though I am getting too weak in the knee's and my legs hurt a lot. Well maybe not a whole lot, but it feels like it. I love guns, all guns, but I came here to find answers for good strong bullets for my Marlin 1895 "Cowboy". Even though it ain't likely that I will ever hunt Griz or Brown bear, it will be nice to have a load for my .45-70 that will kill a Brown bear dead. Dead, Dead, Dead. I ordered a box of Buffalo bore's 350 grain flat nose penetrator's, but I want to find out which brand and model of bullet that is used by Buffalo bore. Why? Because I want to load my own Griz killer bullets.
Old February 22, 2013, 08:36 PM   #8383
moose54

Howdy from Texas

No longer an active member!

Last edited by moose54; February 25, 2013 at 08:32 AM. Reason: No longer an active member!
Old February 23, 2013, 04:53 AM   #8384
BigBoreJay

Well now, I do believe I'm THR's newest member! I am in the Kansas City area. I like .22s, 30-06s, .444s, 45-70s, and everything in between, short or long. Side-by side and over-under is good too! I've been shooting for most of my 52 years, have recently started reloading. I want to start casting - thats how I found this site, whilst researching.

Looks like a great site. Looking forward to participating after reading stickies and learning the landscape!
Old February 23, 2013, 10:49 AM   #8385
jayr8843

Jayr8843

Hello, I'm a retired male that had guns all my life. I hunted all small game,
Deer, Boar and Bear. I am currently interested into hunting coyotes. I have
shot many rifles and pistols but my favorites are Black Powder, shotgun and
50 cal. I mold all my own bullets. I currently have a 1974 Sheridan Lefted
Handed Silver Streak that I have not used in 20 years. I obtained it in 1981
and am trying to narrow down a value. The gun would rank as a 95. Thanks
Jay
Old February 23, 2013, 04:09 PM   #8386
Whis505

Greetings And Salutations!

My name is Mike,

I grew up around things that went Bang/Boom or ssssttt. I live a mile as the crow flies from the Pacific on top of a mountain. Sanctuary is a GOOD Thing as is a clear field of fire.
Old February 23, 2013, 05:34 PM   #8387
26point2

Not a new member...actually one of the first to sign up on this site. Haven't been around in quite a few years...decided to see how things are going.
Old February 23, 2013, 08:28 PM   #8388
rickrobe

Hi All. Love this site; I joined mostly to look in on the discussions. I am 60, an Outreach High School principal (we take the kids no one else wants), Hunter Training instructor, and just like to shoot.
I live in Eastern Alberta, Canada. Lots of deer, coyotes and prairie dogs. Don't own a wide range of guns:
2 Model 1890 Winchester pumps (one for parts)
Ruger M77 270
Tikka T3 lite in 204 Ruger
10/22
Rem 597 22mag
cheap 22, cheap 410
Colt King Cobra
Browning Challenger
Sig Mosquito
Browning 1911 22

Again, great site, very informative, glad I joined.
Old February 25, 2013, 07:58 AM   #8389
ole farmerbuck
Contributing Member

Hey robi
Old February 26, 2013, 10:20 PM   #8390
Charlie1940

retired have a 38SPL airweight model -37 with a 3" barrel nickel plated. would like to know what the dash stands for before the 37, serial # 2992XXX
Old February 27, 2013, 05:15 PM   #8391
country_guy

Hi All from PA

Hi folks, Joined a bit back but hadn't had a chance to get on here until recently so just wanted to say hello to everyone.
Old February 28, 2013, 03:21 AM   #8392
tluxtele

Just joined. I'm new-ish to guns. I had a 22 rifle when I was younger but it was stolen during a break in. I haven't touched a gun since I was about 12 until recently (35 now). My faither-in-law gave me a gun (unprompted by me) for home protection.

For about a year it sat locked up with no bullets in the house because I'm honestly not sure where I stand on that. Regardless of that, I have enjoyed shooting it. I'm now at the stage that I want to learn and really know how to use it. I want to learn the difference in ammo (not like I can actually buy any now)... possibly take a class to learn some basics... and maybe even get my concealed carry (if for nothing else to make it easier to buy guns in future should I choose).

Anyway, I'm full of questions and I've been searching and will probably be posting some soon.
Old February 28, 2013, 08:38 AM   #8393
ole farmerbuck
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluxtele View Post
Just joined. I'm new-ish to guns. I had a 22 rifle when I was younger but it was stolen during a break in. I haven't touched a gun since I was about 12 until recently (35 now). My faither-in-law gave me a gun (unprompted by me) for home protection.

For about a year it sat locked up with no bullets in the house because I'm honestly not sure where I stand on that. Regardless of that, I have enjoyed shooting it. I'm now at the stage that I want to learn and really know how to use it. I want to learn the difference in ammo (not like I can actually buy any now)... possibly take a class to learn some basics... and maybe even get my concealed carry (if for nothing else to make it easier to buy guns in future should I choose).

Anyway, I'm full of questions and I've been searching and will probably be posting some soon.
Welcome, and you WILL get answers.
Old February 28, 2013, 04:42 PM   #8394
DarrinD

I was a member years ago before the split with another site, then lost my account info, so I'm saying hello again. I'm looking forward to hear from all sides about firearms issues. I'm most interested in self defense firearms and ammunition.
Old February 28, 2013, 11:51 PM   #8395
punching holes

Hello to all, I'm a brand new member. I'm a bit of a shooter but far from a expert. I certainly enjoy punching holes in the sky, hence the name. I just acquired an old non-working Stevens Model 15 (missing the bolt) so I'm looking for some info, maybe a manual to go with it. PDF form would suit me fine. So if anyone has access to one, I would appreciate it greatly.
Old March 1, 2013, 11:48 PM   #8396
vellodogg

Just like to introduce myself. I collect and shoot older S&W I J & K frames as well as old top brakes. I've got some old Iver Johnsons, Hopkins & Allens, as well as a Meridan or two. Like .410s in most any style. Firearms history is the story of American industry, love to study it. Glad to be a new member.
Old March 2, 2013, 02:38 AM   #8397
Rawss

I got a new found passion for firearms! Hello friends!
Old March 2, 2013, 10:29 AM   #8398
Enderg

Good morning and hello! I want to start by saying thanks to everyone here in advance for some great information and always interesting discussions.

Regards

Ender
Old March 3, 2013, 01:33 PM   #8399
mmotes

howdy all,

sorry for "lurking" for so long without introducing myself, but there is just so much good stuff to read.

my name is Marvin 77 Glock 19,H& R revolver,Ruger 22
Old March 3, 2013, 10:40 PM   #8400
brbdwyr

Hi all, I'm Andy.

It all started many years ago with the purchase of my High Standard Sport King M and hasn't stopped. Slowed down a little now and again, but never stopped. Wish I still had the single shot .22 rifle and .410 I had as a kid, but those are long gone. But now I'm on to bigger and better things.

Tags
info, ruger