Quantcast
VZ.58 Club: - Page 33 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Rifle Country

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 19, 2013, 03:16 AM   #801
reddog333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohemus View Post
coalbed: http://www.vz58rifle.com/products/du...ne-v-cervenci/ GuneXpert has no problems with "shoot loose", works great even on full-autos and is approved by military.
I was talking about this one: http://kinggun.jansladky.cz/Modernizace-Sa-vz-58/ , its the sameone Zahal offers, but from original source.
Hey bohemus, I am just curious why you think the gun expert railed receiver cover is better than the king gun version? The king gun version is making its way to Canada through zahal.com at around 300 cad. I have to figure out if gun expert will ship to Canada if that is the best option.

Thanks for the excellent input so far
Old March 19, 2013, 01:09 PM   #802
Bohemus

The reported "shoot loose" issue (never shot kinggun on my rifle, just report what Iv read and when I requsted info on it from users)
Toolless field strip
Machining is significantly better - its machined from solid block, no tool marks or whatever, kinggun/zahal is cast and its noticeable.
Its lower

GE ships to both Canada and USA.
Old March 20, 2013, 05:22 AM   #803
reddog333

Thanks Bohemus...Any chance there is a cheaper way to obtain the ge quad rail....300 euros + is a lot of Canadian loonies, especially when I have to pay the unknown customs fees.
Old March 20, 2013, 05:24 AM   #804
reddog333

Sorry I meant the railed cover...even more so with the quad rail
Old March 20, 2013, 07:54 AM   #805
Bohemus

Well, the Czech price is only about 6 EUR better..
Private shiping makes sence with Kinggun/Zahal.
Maybe if you know someone who travels to Prague so you can cut costs of shiping/custom fees, and rather significant bank/paypal fees.
Old March 21, 2013, 12:48 AM   #806
reddog333

I was hoping there was another distributed for the same product. I'll start saving my pennies.
Old March 23, 2013, 07:24 PM   #807
coalbed

Finished

I guess I have officially finished packing junk on my VZ 2000. I know it will seem excessive to some, but im very happy with the results, It does everything I want it to do, and covers about every situation I could get myself into. Even with all the junk it still weighs less than my stock AK lol. If I add anything, Maybe a scope mount later if they get it together and build one I like, (or if I come up with one) and even then I want it quick detach. I would like to have one of those Czech 1958 coins to inlet somewhere on it though, I love the coin idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130308_143742.jpg (86.5 KB, 63 views)
Old March 24, 2013, 12:33 AM   #808
barnbwt

Nope, you still need a railed dustcover . I actually thought the paracord on the folding stock was rails for a second, though . Compared to some setups I've seen on other platforms, that doesn't look dolled up at all, so long as it works for you. Is that the bolt-release you'd been working on sticking out near the trigger guard?

Quote:
Even with all the junk it still weighs less than my stock AK
And that's why I like my VZ. Has anyone heard of anyone with one of the new "pistols" CP is offering now? Seems like it'd be at least slightly more practical than an AK "pistol" due to the much lower weight and smaller profile.

TCB

"I just took an action to change the law"
--President Barack Obama on exceeding his authority, 11/25/2014
Now, how about we get the next guy to stop enforcing the NFA in its entirety? Precedent and all that...
Old March 24, 2013, 04:46 AM   #809
Bohemus

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalbed View Post
I guess I have officially finished packing junk on my VZ 2000.
Nope, you are just about to find out that the stock is rather short and that you need red dot closer to your eye.
Old March 24, 2013, 06:43 AM   #810
coalbed

I still may get a railed cover or a claw type rail, but I'll wait until I find one that I really like, or until I break down and build one. And yes that's the bolt release I built. I am planing on building a different one some day incorporating a few things I learned building that one, but this one works just fine. When I say "finished" I mean I still may put on say, a better flashlight, but as I have a usable light on it, then its "done" for all intents and purpose. As for the rail mount, I think they are WAY over priced for what you get, and if they don't improve in cost and design, or if one of us doesn't come up with a suitable home build, Then I'll just have to be happy using the one minute of angle dot on my reflex for that job. I guess a P.S. is in order, I didn't really intend on using this as a long range rifle, but more as a general purpose short-to-medium range weapon. It is a bonus that it accuracy is such as it can reach out there if needed.
Old April 7, 2013, 06:41 AM   #811
coalbed

I just left Centerfire Systems web site they have some VZ-2008 folder in. Ad says limited quantity. $800 minus the penny. http://centerfiresystems.com/rifle-vz58hc-fold.aspx If any of your buddies are looking for one. Looks like CAI built. Also ammo seems to be trickling back in on this and other sites $7.99 on this one for TULA. Just posting for those who are looking.
Old April 7, 2013, 10:15 AM   #812
M2

That's not a bad price on the Vz but it is on the ammo. It comes to $.40/round plus shipping. You can easily find 7.62x39 cheaper than that if you look around.
Old April 8, 2013, 12:12 AM   #813
ifit

had my vz58 for a while now and only recently had the chance to shoot 100y using irons. any others try grouping out to 100y?
Old April 9, 2013, 10:06 AM   #814
Maverick223

ifit, I have, but I don't know where I put the photo of the target. IIRC it grouped nicely. I even used it in the centerfire match here on THR one month and it did pretty fair, but I think that was at 50yds. instead of 100.

Edit: I found it, but I'm still uncertain of the distance from which it was shot. It turns out that it did a little worse than my USGI M1 Carbine, but still pretty fair for being equipped with stock irons and shot unsupported prone w/ sling. See the attached photo for details.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6226.jpg (68.5 KB, 17 views)
Old April 9, 2013, 10:17 AM   #815
Maverick223

Just looked up that match (Aug. 2011) and found that it was shot at 100. That makes me feel a little better about the result. For further details here is a link to the match that I'm referring to (see post no: 88).

Old April 9, 2013, 04:51 PM   #816
ifit

nice shooting maverick
Old April 9, 2013, 05:51 PM   #817
Maverick223

Thank you, sir.

Old April 16, 2013, 08:20 PM   #818
coalbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifit View Post
had my vz58 for a while now and only recently had the chance to shoot 100y using irons. any others try grouping out to 100y?
100 yrd is my standard target range. I only use 50 yrd for snap shooting, tactical reload practice, ect. VZ does quite well at 100 I think, at least the ones Ive seen do. Now my MADDI AKM..... another story at 100 :P I had a great time at the range last week, I never think to save targets, or pics of it, Ill try to do better. I did take a pic of me there lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130410_141057.jpg (88.1 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by coalbed; April 16, 2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: picture
Old April 23, 2013, 01:28 AM   #819
coalbed

Well Maybe its a good time to ask if anyone has a favorite round or hand-load for shooting the VZ at 100 yards plus. I notice mention of a V max hand-load on Maverick223 's target. Whats the recipe? Its good info to know. I have a all around hand-load I use, but I have been getting good results with some stashed GoldenTiger boat tail factory rounds, and Yugo M67 surplus is great stuff.
Old May 3, 2013, 01:42 AM   #820
coalbed

I have some sad news. I was talking with James Musser, who is the Armorer for Ohio Ordnance Works, the oldest builder of VZ58 type Semi auto rifles in America, and he informed me that after current stock is sold, they will not be building any more VZ 2000 (58 type) rifles as the company is moving on to easier to obtain and more profitable ventures. I don't begrudge them. They have done allot to promote our favorite rifle, however I won't pretend it doesn't sadden me. Thought I'd pass on the news. If anyone thought they might like to "one day" purchase one of these fine rifles, I'd say the time is now or never. I have inquired as to whether they will continue producing the receivers they are well known for, and as soon as I get a reply, I will post it.

Last edited by coalbed; May 3, 2013 at 01:55 AM.
Old May 3, 2013, 02:18 AM   #821
coalbed

This is VERY similar to what I had drawn up for a 2nd gen tactical bolt release I had planned to make. http://www.vz58rifle.com/products/ta...lease-expert-/ Also at 40 euro its fairly reasonably priced. ($52.29 at current exchange).
Old June 8, 2013, 12:16 PM   #822
lone-wolf

Maverick223:
"lone-wolf, that is an interesting iteration. Glad we have Bohemus on board because that one had me stumped. Any import markings (Marstar?) on it?"

I never noticed any import markings. Sorry for the almost a year late reply.

An updated photo of mine. Headspace issue I had was fixed.
Old June 8, 2013, 01:22 PM   #823
Maverick223

No problem, lone-wolf. We all get busy, speaking of which I just noticed that I had forgotten to respond to a post a while back (post no.: 819)...coalbed I'll get back to you with that information this afternoon, sorry for the delay (I didn't have the recipe in front of me, like now, then I completely forgot about it ).

Old June 9, 2013, 05:17 PM   #824
Maverick223

Sorry for the delay on the loading information, coalbed. The best load I have found for my D.Technik is as follows: a 123gr. V-Max (I haven't tried it, but the new SST might work just as good) sitting atop a charge of 34.2gr. of H-335 (To whom it may concern: ALWAYS begin with a reduced charge) in a Winchester case primed by Remington. Hope it works as well for you as it has for me.

Old June 11, 2013, 12:09 AM   #825
bakergh

vz2000, ace ultralight, 4 bight turk's head

vz2000 tactical, ace ultralight, 4 bight turk's head

I shot it for the first time last weekend, zero failures of any kind, but I'm thinking a red dot is in order. I have my eye on an Aimpoint pro.