Quantcast
1911 picture thread...let's see them! - Page 18 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 8, 2013, 10:04 AM   #426
mesinge2

Dang, that Clark Customs Meltdown kills me every time I see it. Just beautiful! That finish is amazing!!

Old March 8, 2013, 10:14 AM   #427
WC145

Thanks. I like your new SIG, it looks great, but the name is too long.
“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”
Old March 8, 2013, 10:48 AM   #428
mesinge2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC145 View Post
Thanks. I like your new SIG, it looks great, but the name is too long.
Thanks, I'm just happy they didn't write all that on the side of it!
Old March 8, 2013, 07:56 PM   #429
H.m.B

Ruger SR1911

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed ... Ruger Security Six, SR-9, SR-22P, SR1911, 10/22, BHP, Llama IX-A, XD-40, FNP-45, Sig P232, Colt LE6920, 700 BDL, Winchester 1200, M550ED ... One loves to possess arms, tho they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
Old March 8, 2013, 08:22 PM   #430
mesinge2

Nice HMB, I want a Ruger 1911 myself!
Old March 8, 2013, 08:41 PM   #431
BASSPRO8

Rock Island 1911 in 9mm with Hogue grips.

Old March 20, 2013, 01:59 AM   #432
tarosean

Quote:
Austin Behlert custom Bob-Cat mini .45 Colt Government Model (a full size gun that has been chopped to slightly smaller than CCO size)

WC can you tell me more about it??? I think Im in love!!!!
Old March 20, 2013, 12:22 PM   #433
WC145

Well, back in the day, before Officers ACPs, compacts, CCOs, EMPs, Ultras, and all of the other smaller than Commander size guns that are available today, your choices for concealed carry size handguns were pretty limited. There were snubby .38s and small autos, like PPKs and HSc .380s, but nothing in the way of concealable big bore or magnum guns were available from the factories. If you wanted something like that you had to go to someone like Austin Behlert, Armand Swenson, John Jovino, ASP, Devel, etc, and have a 5" 1911, Commander, BHP, or S&W N frame or 39, cut down to fit your needs.

My gun has had the barrel and slide shortened, the grip frame shortened (cut & rewelded), the MSH and grip safety shortened to fit, plus mags shortened to fit the grip frame, along with many other modifications. The barrel is 4" and the grip frame is slightly shorter than an Officers but slightly longer than a Detonics CombatMaster. It functions reliably and is very accurate.
“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”
Old March 21, 2013, 05:35 PM   #434
txgunsuscg

Brothers in arms by downrange08, on Flickr

One of my 1911s, I'll have to get pics of the others up... Ignore the other child, I've never loved her as much...

http://hrtactical.blogspot.com
Old March 21, 2013, 08:05 PM   #435
Solo

RIA 1911 GI with nickel finish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0137.jpg (93.4 KB, 16 views)
Old March 21, 2013, 08:16 PM   #436
mesinge2

.45 ACP Springfield Armory Commander slide on Officer's frame.

Old March 21, 2013, 11:02 PM   #437
acftmech

Old March 21, 2013, 11:08 PM   #438
Old Dog

The original, and still The King.
Old March 23, 2013, 01:52 AM   #439
Flt Simulation

Range / Bedroom Nightstand Gun

I did a factory order for this Colt .45 ACP from the Scott AFB - 'Rod & Gun Club' back in 1994

I reload my own 230gr hardball ammo for this gun ... Great shooter right out of the box!

Last edited by Flt Simulation; March 23, 2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old March 23, 2013, 05:03 PM   #440
HKGuns

Old March 24, 2013, 02:40 AM   #441
iLikeOldgunsIlikeNewGuns

^ ^
LOOOOOOOOOOL!

At first I was like

and then I saw your User-name

Gorgeous guns guys! I Love this thread!
Old March 24, 2013, 05:30 AM   #442
Snowdog

Can you spot the imposter?

Well, with all the writing on the side, I do believe you can. However, I must say that this "imposter" blowback bb pistol has working everything (slide stop/release, manual safety, grip safety, mag release and strips the same way) and has nearly identical weight. I even replaced the only plastic part, the grips, with 1911 walnut grips.

As a training tool and as an inexpensive plinker, it's not too shabby and useful introducing the 1911 to those new to firearms. I really could have used this when I took my SIL to the range for the first time. We used my light handloads, but considering how nervous she was, I really would have liked to have had her run something like this Tangfolio Witness 1911 in the back yard before taking her out to the range.

500 bbs down, no complaints other than the cost of C02 cartridges (which is still a heck of a lot cheaper than bullets, powder and primers).

Preserving your rights is infinitely easier than regaining them once annulled.

Last edited by Snowdog; March 24, 2013 at 05:38 AM.
Old March 24, 2013, 07:13 AM   #443
postalnut25

Here is my duty gun with it's baby brother back-up/off-duty gun. My wife had matching purpleheart grips made for both of them. the grips on my duty gun are getting a little gunked up since they ride in an exposed holster every day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC13806.jpg (80.6 KB, 46 views)
Old March 26, 2013, 11:19 AM   #444
marksmanshipinstructor

mine...

my colt mk iv, my latest custom build, ed brown trigger set, wilson combat slide release and thumb safety, f/l guide rod, kart barrel, briley bushing, jeweled the hammer, bushing and trigger myself, gonna parkerize it when the weather breaks, and my baby kimber custom II <--enough said

[IMG][/IMG]
Old March 26, 2013, 02:58 PM   #445
Mat, not doormat

Here are my current threesome.

On the left is one that began life as a Taurus PT 1911, but has since been Melonited by Coal Creek Armory, magwelled with an S&A, (blended to the frame by Coal Creek) and many of the little bits replaced. It's also wearing a set of Alumagrips.

In the middle is a new production Colt's LW Commander, .38 Super. I've only put one box through her so far, but do have a few comments. Oddly, this one came with a tritium night sight on the front, but plain black metal on the rear. Also, this came out of the box dry as a bone. No oil, no grease, no nothing. Shoots nicely, though. Just need to get a good ambi safety on it, and a few more rounds through it, for my left handed reliability paranoid self to be happy.

On the right is an Argentine Army Sistema Colt from 1951. .45 ACP, or 11.25 MM, if you want to be pedantic about it. It's got a very nice 2.25 LB trigger done by an old combat pistol, IPSC and CAS smith, but was scary accurate with the original barrel. As basic as this gun is (and kept that way for Wild Bunch purposes) I like it a lot. I even found myself reaching for it as a carry gun fairly often, until I accidentally became left handed.

~~~Mat

TFL Alumnus
Old March 26, 2013, 03:59 PM   #446
OldBrownDog

My Colt Wiley Clapp Gov't . It's got a set of birdseye maple slims and a S&A checkered arched MSH. The arch makes it fit my hand like a glove. Now if only I could find a Wiley Clapp LW Commander to go with it.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3902.jpg (79.5 KB, 18 views)
Old March 26, 2013, 04:40 PM   #447
CropDuster

My pawn shop find

Old March 26, 2013, 07:40 PM   #448
dickydalton

Old March 26, 2013, 10:19 PM   #449
Noah

I can't see myself buying a 1911 anytime before I'm old and rich, I don't like the lower capacity, I don't like the weight, I don't like the price (mostly, RIA is ok) I don't like the .45 ACP, I don't like the funky/outdated (up for debate I guess) take down, but no gun makes me drool like a 1911 with a light and black grips. Is this a curable disease? Am I the only one?

EDIT: I just scrolled up before I moved on, just to take another peek at CropDuster's Springfield.
Old March 26, 2013, 10:22 PM   #450
Mat, not doormat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah View Post
I can't see myself buying a 1911 anytime before I'm old and rich, I don't like the lower capacity, I don't like the weight, I don't like the price (mostly, RIA is ok) I don't like the .45 ACP, I don't like the funky/outdated (up for debate I guess) take down, but no gun makes me drool like a 1911 with a light and black grips. Is this a curable disease? Am I the only one?

EDIT: I just scrolled up before I moved on, just to take another peek at CropDuster's Springfield.
Yeah. Buy one. ;p

~~~Mat

TFL Alumnus