Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 123 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 1, 2013, 09:26 PM   #3051
Magnum Shooter

Sweet Agony
That is one solid looking bench.

MS
Old June 2, 2013, 01:24 PM   #3052
Sweet Agony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Shooter View Post
Sweet Agony
That is one solid looking bench.
Thanks, it is, 2x6's on 10" centers, 1 1/2 plywood top, 3" wood screws and lag bolted to the concrete block. Should be there a while.... I still want to add a laminate top to the work surface to help with cleaning.
Old June 9, 2013, 04:07 AM   #3053
mgmorden

Just moved, and finally got around to building an actual bench (in the old house I was just using some plywood mounted above a dresser in the bedroom).

The bench was just under $50 in materials and took less than 2 hours to make. Wish I'd done a "proper" setup earlier .

Old June 9, 2013, 10:11 AM   #3054
Mohave-Tec

Looks like a fine bench from here.
Old June 9, 2013, 04:31 PM   #3055
Fire_Moose

You got it secured to the wall? What a difference that makes. Be ready to add shelving to both sides too

Looks great!

.....well other then the manuals being stashed in the bottom back

Sent from my CZ85 Combat
Old June 9, 2013, 07:50 PM   #3056
mgmorden

Don't have it screwed to the wall yet. Likely will soon. I'd like to build a hutch style shelf setup to put on the back too. With the move and the to-do list as long as it is its just a matter of time and funds, but I had to get SOMETHING setup to keep shooting .

I'm also hoping to get a progressive when funds allow which is going to take a little more space. At that point I'll likely either build a bigger one or just do a 2nd one and stick it next to this one.
Old June 14, 2013, 04:30 PM   #3057
goatdude

Been reloading for only a couple years now. Work area and equipment are a work in progress.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0089.jpg (58.5 KB, 274 views)
Old June 16, 2013, 10:31 AM   #3058
Zondfive

Last edited by Zondfive; June 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old June 16, 2013, 10:35 AM   #3059
Zondfive

Last edited by Zondfive; June 16, 2013 at 12:29 PM.
Old June 16, 2013, 11:02 AM   #3060
tmccray45

My God!! From what I've seen here, I don't know how any of you can reload with any assurance of safety. So organized!! So clean!! How can you work under those conditions?
I'll bet you even keep your powder lined up in ascending order, right? Same with your bullets. . . Probably within each caliber, they are also in ascending order. {Sigh}
Notice that you don't see no picture of MY reloading bench. [Hangs his head in shame.]
Old June 16, 2013, 11:11 AM   #3061
stavman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmccray45 View Post
My God!! From what I've seen here, I don't know how any of you can reload with any assurance of safety. So organized!! So clean!! How can you work under those conditions?
I'll bet you even keep your powder lined up in ascending order, right? Same with your bullets. . . Probably within each caliber, they are also in ascending order. {Sigh}
Notice that you don't see no picture of MY reloading bench. [Hangs his head in shame.]
Gives us ALL something to strive for tmccray45

HAHAHAHA
Old June 16, 2013, 12:35 PM   #3062
yzguy87

Wow! This thread is almost 7 years old!!!
Old June 16, 2013, 05:12 PM   #3063
ironhat

Good threads never die, yzguy87!!
Old June 19, 2013, 09:07 AM   #3064
mountainpharm

This is my modest workstation. The bench came from Lowe's and has worked nicely so far. The built-in electrical outlets on the side as well as the light above the work surface are both quite handy. The wood is bamboo which was initially concerning but to date it has held up fantastically. There is a storage compartment above the light that keeps all of my cleaning supplies. The three large drawers house my dies, scale, calipers, primers, and various other tools. Drawer liners were included with the bench which was nice. The large shelf underneath is where I keep my gun vise and boxes of brass to be reloaded. Powder, tumbler and tumbler media are stored on a separate set of shelves. I'm one who believes in organization so this is about as cluttered as my bench ever gets.

Last edited by mountainpharm; June 19, 2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old June 19, 2013, 09:13 AM   #3065
Piratesailor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainpharm View Post
This is my modest workstation. The bench came from Lowe's and has worked nicely so far. The built-in electrical outlets on the side as well as the light above the work surface are both quite handy. The wood is bamboo which was initially concerning but to date it is held up fantastically. There is a storage compartment above the light that keeps all of my cleaning supplies. The three large drawers house my dies, scale, calipers, primers, and various other tools. Drawer liners were included with the bench which was nice. The large shelf underneath is where I keep my gun vise and boxes of brass to be reloaded. Powder, tumbler and tumbler media are stored on a separate set of shelves. I'm one who believes in organization so this is about as cluttered as my bench ever gets.

I have the same bench and like it quite a bit.
Old June 19, 2013, 03:02 PM   #3066
stavman11

FYI Guys....
Man my Bench just ROCKS when i use the 9mm... Since i am in full progressive mode with Bullet and case feeder it is like being on a 16' boat in 12' sea's.....LOL

So then I started to do some .223... and said F' This ... measured where the light switch is.. gotta be a STUD there...... took 1-3" SRS into the Wall

HOLLY CRAP!!!! Huge freaking difference....

So be sure and ATTACH that baby and make its SOLID... couldnt believe the difference 1 screw made...

[IMG][/IMG]
Old June 19, 2013, 03:43 PM   #3067
dihnen

Here's my new Bald Eagle reloading bench. I had to move out of my man cave since our son moved back with us, so I needed a new bench. Got this on Amazon, but it's also available from Brownell's. Made of solid Birch hardwood, it's very sturdy and steady, and does a great job of holding my RCBS Pro 2000 steady while reloading. The finish looks really good as well.

Last edited by dihnen; June 19, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old June 19, 2013, 04:01 PM   #3068
stavman11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dihnen View Post
Here's my new Bald Eagle reloading bench. I had to move out of my man cave since our son moved back with us, so I needed a new bench. Got this on Amazon, but it's also available from Brownell's. Made of solid Birch hardwood, it's very sturdy and steady, and does a great job of holding my RCBS Pro 2000 steady while reloading. The finish looks really good as well.

Nice bench...great ta have a Lower shelf for sure

Now stick a Screw in the Wall dihnen... will make a WORLD of difference
Old June 19, 2013, 07:10 PM   #3069
mahansm

My new bench

Construction was completed a few weeks ago and I just got the last box of parts from Dillon. Both presses used to live on portable stands; now I've got a bench. Supplies will be in a separate cabinet. Toolheads and reloading related tools in the left set of drawers, general tools in the right.

Only one press will be out at a time; there are threaded inserts in the bench for mounting. Yes, the lights were installed during construction specifically for the bench.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bench1.jpg (77.4 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg bench2.jpg (72.2 KB, 169 views)
Old June 19, 2013, 08:39 PM   #3070
Mohave-Tec

It absolutely wouldn't due for me to have a progressive press. I enjoy reloading so much that soon I'm going to have to move for all the damned rounds laying around here.
Great benches everybody.
Old June 22, 2013, 03:41 PM   #3071
Adam the Gnome

I like the "bunker" style reloading room. Will guarantee you keep it organized.
And make you shoot a lot [thumbs] to keep room available
Old June 22, 2013, 04:27 PM   #3072
Shinbone

Anyone one know where to buy some nice reloading/western art type posters for the reloading room?
Official THR Remington 1858 Club Member #78
Old June 22, 2013, 04:43 PM   #3073
Mohave-Tec

I'm filling a kinda shadow box made for different caliber displays. I'll try to find the name and link here in a few minutes. I've got about 50 calibers so far including 50 cal.
Old June 22, 2013, 05:10 PM   #3074
Mohave-Tec

I typed in "Poster" and several poster companies came up. I typed in Firearms in the first one and scores of good stuff came up.
Old June 22, 2013, 05:34 PM   #3075
rehorne

Weeeell, this one is over 40 years old, rock solid. I have moved it 3 times over the years, it's a BEAR to move. It's at its final resting place now. I wont be moving it anymore
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Loading Bench.jpg (99.2 KB, 268 views)

Last edited by rehorne; June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: add photo