Quantcast
Mossberg 500 Shotgun Disassembly Guide by Mini-Me - Page 3 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Shotguns

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 28, 2011, 11:06 PM   #51
Cel

LMAO!!!! 5 STAR POST!!! In all this time, I had never seen this post! Excellent sir!
The whole point of the Bill of Rights is that these rights are recognized as permanent and irrevocable. A government that refuses to honor those rights is by definition unconstitutional, and therefore illegal.
Old August 4, 2011, 01:09 AM   #52
Iramo94

Shame, shame. Mini-Evan had his leg in the trigger guard before he was ready to shoot.
Excellent guide, by the way.
Old August 31, 2011, 08:37 PM   #53
Buck Kramer

haha Interesting way to learn; however I have had A mossy 500 for several years and I have never had to take it down that far...
Old August 31, 2011, 09:44 PM   #54
RonellCooper

Hey Evan, super cool/informative post.
Old September 5, 2011, 02:23 PM   #55
bassdogs

How about having the little guy take a shot at a Rem 870. From what I can tell it looks like most of the Moss 500 will apply, but have never actually taken one apart. Just got a pawnshop 870 and need to repaint the receiver and barrel [flat black] to deal with some surface rust. The whole gun is black so the match won't be an issue, just think it best to disassemble the gun to avoid getting overspray on the trigger group or whatever. Anybody have any suggestions or advice on the paint touch-up?
Old September 25, 2011, 02:07 PM   #56
TOGGLELOCK

I have not visited this board in a while. As an Armorer, this thread tickled me to death. Very cute and informative. TOGGLELOCK
Old January 11, 2012, 07:32 PM   #57
johnh4260

Great post, thank you.
Old April 29, 2012, 05:04 PM   #58
IRONMAN1

Hilarious, good job .
Old July 26, 2012, 02:26 PM   #59
Popi47

Western Revelation 310A

A little cheesy, but accurate. Nice job.

I just picked up a Western Auto Revelation 310A (modifying for tactical/home defense) and it is virtually identical. I will document the differences as I determine them.

I had to repair a broken safety and found that the 310A's Safety Block uses a different hold down screw and shorter detent spring. So far most parts interchangeable.
Old August 26, 2012, 10:08 PM   #60
Archangel14

HOLY, HOLY CRAPOLA.....this was, in fact, the most enjoyable "firearm" thread I have ever read. Funny, funny, funny, and smart!
Old September 3, 2012, 10:26 AM   #61
Goattman

Looking forward to teardown!

Picked up a Mossy 500 at the Indy 1500 last weekend. Looking forward to stripping it and cleaning it now! Great post. Very creative.
Old March 24, 2013, 08:31 PM   #62
undeRGRound

Very Nice!

I'm sure I will use this when the MBerg 590 comes home...
Old July 31, 2013, 08:16 PM   #63
ZVP

I had the screw holder that the stock screw threads into drive me crazy! I kept having a little wobble in the stock and I kept retighting the stock screw as I feared a cracked stock!
Upon complete removal of the buttstock, I found that the stock screw socket had wrench grooves cut into it and when I applied a crescent wrench to it, the stock was able to be tightened!
BPDave
Old August 1, 2013, 09:01 PM   #64
Deltaboy

Good stuff now we need a 870 one.
Old August 3, 2013, 06:13 PM   #65
JRS950

Talking

Thank you for this great thread. I just bought a Mossberg 500 and this will help me maintain it.

Jim
Taurus PT92AFS
Old September 4, 2013, 12:32 PM   #66
Hardware

Excellent thread. I really enjoyed the pics with Mini-Me.

One criticism, a Mossberg 500 safety is supposed to have a ball bearing. It's easy to lose during a detail strip. Looks like yours has gone walkabout. Brownells has them for sale.
Old September 6, 2013, 10:05 AM   #67
evan price

The ball bearing and spring were not removed from the receiver. Old models with a lot of use they get stuck in the hole and I prefer that so less likely to get lost.
Old September 10, 2013, 08:19 PM   #68
WALKERs210

Right after you posted this I enjoyed reading especially with Mini-Me. In my lifetime I have owned and disassembled many Mossberg 500's, today I took one of my 500C's out took it down for a long over due cleaning. Don't know what happened, guess the brain cells that are related to how to reassemble the Mossberg took a nap or just got formatted. Anyway I had to back track on the disassemble just to get the elevator back in the proper step. Hated to admit it but very glad you had it here.
Old September 25, 2013, 12:04 PM   #69
dusty85

very funny demo keep up the good work
Old October 5, 2013, 11:15 PM   #70
vandall68

found this thread today white researching my 500a. joined THR just to be able to say thank you for the informative & entertaining perspective
Old October 24, 2013, 08:32 AM   #71
nevadabrass

Amazing post. Really i impressed. I would like to say thanks for this post.
Old February 7, 2014, 10:09 PM   #72
Frostbite

Thank you Evan, both funny and very instructive. I would like to someday get to the same disassembly level with my BAR (which I suspect to be a little more complicated). I researched a bit and could not find anything like your post to get me there safely yet. I hope your work will inspire others to share their knowledge as brilliantly as you did.

-Stanislas de Boufflers
Old March 29, 2014, 01:11 PM   #73
lenmcdonald

hehe.. all look real one..