Quantcast
Springfield XDs Recall - Page 8 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old October 20, 2013, 12:06 PM   #176
samurai

Received an email stating one of mine would be back on Tuesday
Old October 20, 2013, 03:52 PM   #177
borgranta

Rural King is selling the the recalled XDs in unrepaired condition

Avoid buying a XDs from Rural King since they are under recall.

Last edited by borgranta; October 20, 2013 at 03:56 PM. Reason: accidental double post
Old October 20, 2013, 03:54 PM   #178
borgranta

BUYER BEWARE: Rural King is selling the the recalled XDs in unrepaired condition

BUYER BEWARE: Rural King is selling the the recalled XDs in unrepaired condition and admitted that they were the recalled ones and were unrepaired affording to a poster on http://illinoiscarry.com/forum
Old October 20, 2013, 04:04 PM   #179
borgranta

Apparently their have been some incidents of slamfiring due to the defect and in other cases the defect only resulted in the primer getting dented.
Old October 20, 2013, 10:33 PM   #180
powder

If you all want an excellent polymer trigger, find a PPQ M2.
Old October 21, 2013, 10:56 AM   #181
460Kodiak

Quote:
Received an email stating one of mine would be back on Tuesday
Just curious samurai, when did you send yours in? I'm just trying to establish a time frame.
Old October 21, 2013, 05:05 PM   #182
gym
Contributing Member

Got a letter today, asking for my gun. It's funny they must follow the forum because I didn't buy mine from a gun store, I bought it from a private party, who I am sure only knew my first name if that, when we looked at ID"S, So either he has the best memory, "over a year", "maybe more" or they got my name from some ware, like perhaps a warrantee registration I don't remember filling out. Watch out for black helicopters.
Old October 21, 2013, 11:00 PM   #183
Mainsail

I got a letter in the mail today asking me to send mine in, except it's already there.
Old October 22, 2013, 09:15 AM   #184
Backroad

had the same experience as Mainsail - sent mine in 8/2, got a letter in the mail asking for it on 10/15.

Al
Old October 22, 2013, 09:35 AM   #185
Mainsail

I heard on another forum that they've started trickling back to their owners....

....now begins the endless whining about the returned condition, trigger pull, etc. I hope it doesn't become another standard weekly thread like bear guns or open carry.
Old October 22, 2013, 10:00 AM   #186
horsemen61

Hey y'all would you carry your xds in bear country .
Old October 22, 2013, 11:23 AM   #187
Captains1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemen61 View Post
Hey y'all would you carry your xds in bear country .
or, if you could only have one gun.....

Back on topic...I have read a few reports indicating the trigger is a bit smoother as result of the "upgrade," and the increased pull weight is barely noticeable, maybe 1/2 lb or so. I Also read that the "upgrade" is not a bandaid fix but the standard moving forward on new production XDs guns. Certainty encouraging news if it turns out to be accurate.

I really miss my XDs, looking forward to its return.
Old October 23, 2013, 09:04 AM   #188
hypno444

Gun returning

Got an email with shipping data saying my XDs will be here today. Sent it in about a month ago, when the notice first came out. It arrived via Fed EX about 1000 this morning. Came with an extra 7 round magazine.

Last edited by hypno444; October 23, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old October 23, 2013, 10:52 AM   #189
GBExpat
Contributing Member

Location: Rural, far beyond the beltway, Northern Virginia, USA
I received my Springfield XDs RECALL letter yesterday, the 22nd. It is dated the 11th.

After I read some good reports from folks testing their returned pistols and it appears to me that SA has sent most of The Surge back, I will send mine in.
Old October 23, 2013, 11:41 AM   #190
thefamcnaj

I got a letter from them in the mail yesterday from SA saying I need to send my xds into them because my serial number falls in range of the recall. They already have my xds.
The only thing was they had the wrong serial number on my letter. I'm going to call them today and make sure I get my name matched up with my serial number in their system. I understand they are buried in work and I hate to call them, but this could be a potentially bad problem.
Old October 24, 2013, 12:30 AM   #191
460Kodiak

Quote:
Got an email with shipping data saying my XDs will be here today. Sent it in about a month ago, when the notice first came out. It arrived via Fed EX about 1000 this morning
You know, I'm trying to be patient but this makes me a little mad. I'm happy for anyone who has gotten their pistol back, but I sent mine in almost 2 months ago and haven't heard a thing. I thought it was going to be first come first serve. My patience is fading.
Old October 24, 2013, 12:53 AM   #192
Tommygunn

460Kodiak, yea, I'm in the same boat you are. I get the standard generic weekly upadate e-mail but that's it.
Old October 24, 2013, 06:24 AM   #193
OilyPablo

I've not a heard a peep on mine and it went back the day of........whine whine whine Just want my small .45 back!!
Old October 24, 2013, 08:28 AM   #194
Captains1911

If you guys want to complain about not getting your pistols back yet, go over to XDtalk and do it, you will fit right in. There are thousands of people whose pistols arrived at SA the first day and haven't heard anything back, myself included. Patience is a virtue.
Old October 24, 2013, 10:04 AM   #195

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460Kodiak
I sent mine in almost 2 months ago and haven't heard a thing.
I sent mine in on August 30th so that's eight weeks this Friday. My house goes on the market on 11/1 and I'm leaving Arkansas on 11/7 and so I'll most likely have to ask Springfield to send it to an FFL here in Arkansas.
Old October 24, 2013, 11:45 AM   #196
slamfirev10

sent mine 8/30

received by sa 9/3 (remember 9/2 was a holiday so sa received a ton on 9/3)

last night was status received

this morning:
Quote:
Your Recall Status: Your Gun has been Fixed
looks like next week for me
Old October 24, 2013, 12:09 PM   #197
herkyguy

anyone else think it's weird that Springfield kept marketing the crap out of the XDs despite the recall? I appreciate them initiating the recall and i'm not complaining about not having my XDs with me for an extended period of time, but it seems a bit shady to me that they kept littering the magazines with advertisements minus any mention of the gun's problems.
Old October 24, 2013, 01:54 PM   #198
460Kodiak

Just because they were marketing doesn't mean you could find one in stores. I haven't seen one since the recall started. I'm sure they still plan to sell a bunch afterwards, especially now that the bugs are getting worked out. While the entire deal has been irritating, I still love the gun and can't wait to have it back.

I may pick up a lightly used second one as I'm sure plenty of people will get theirs back, not trust it any more, and ditch it.
Old October 24, 2013, 03:02 PM   #199
Outlaw Man
Contributing Member

The recall has only been going for a couple months. Generally those kinds of magazines are printed weeks before you see them and things like advertisements are decided long before that. I'd be willing to bet they paid for a block of advertising over a six month period or longer.
Old October 24, 2013, 03:11 PM   #200
Vodoun da Vinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by 460Kodiak View Post
I may pick up a lightly used second one as I'm sure plenty of people will get theirs back, not trust it any more, and ditch it.
Yup. Me too. Some folks are bound to be put off permanently which is unfortunate. I still have a huge desire to own and shoot an XD-S in .45 so when the smoke has cleared I'll be in the market for a new one or a low round count used one.

This whole ordeal has been frustrating but the springer XD-S is still a very potent and functional piece. If they have the bugs worked out I'm ready to go!

VooDoo
Beretta Px4 9mm subcompact, Glock 26 Gen4, Dan Wesson 15-2VH .357 Magnum, Ruger LCR .38 Special +P, Colt 1903 Model M .32ACP, Ruger 3 screw Blackhawk .357 Magnum, Ruger Bearcat .22, S&W Model 19 .357 Magnum, Colt Officers ACP .45ACP