Quantcast
Permission to hunt blank form - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Shooting Activities and Venues > Hunting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old September 28, 2009, 05:17 PM   #1
Plank Road Farm

Permission to hunt blank form

Not sure where to ask this question, so move it if need be.

Does anyone have an example of a simple "permission to hunt" form?

I want to have it already printed out for the landowner to sign.

I don't want it to sound to much like a lawyer wrote it.

Just enough information so the game warden will be satisfied.

TIA
Old September 28, 2009, 05:36 PM   #2
DRYHUMOR

I've always just written them out, both parties sign. I have been asked to sign a liability release before also, again handwritten and signed.

Simple is the easiest way.
Old September 28, 2009, 07:14 PM   #3
testosterone

http://www.ct.gov/dep/lib/dep/huntin...ns/consent.pdf

that's what the form looks like in ct, mock up something that captures the same info maybe.
I have never been taken with the idea of selling a gun. When you possess a firearm, you possess something of importance. If you trade it for cash, you have lost it - and the cash in your hand will soon be gone. Sell something else! -Jeff Cooper
Old September 28, 2009, 09:32 PM   #4
Plank Road Farm

Wonder if NC has anything similar?

Looks like I'm going to have to come up with something with similar info.

Do I have to get permission to use a centerfire rifle?

Or, does it make any difference?

Another thing, would you request an indefinite time period or just one calendar year or seasonal hunting with valid hunting license?
Old September 28, 2009, 10:12 PM   #5
jbkebert

This is a copy of the cards we hand out at hunter ed classes. They are printed on card stock and perferated. Land owners seem to like the fact that each party keeps part of the form. Hope it helps
Old September 28, 2009, 11:47 PM   #6
sonier

id love this as a sticky, if not im gona go ahead and save this. out here in colorado we need permission to hunt on land. verbal isnt too much tolerated, so they taught in hunters ED to get written permission.

thankyou thouse cards are a life send

Sonier
Old September 29, 2009, 12:00 AM   #7
jbkebert

Quote:
Another thing, would you request an indefinite time period or just one calendar year or seasonal hunting with valid hunting license?
At first I will usually ask for a season for deer. I ask for a day for pheasant and quail ect. The at the end of the day stop by and thank the landowner graciously for letting you hunt. Offer them some meat if they want. I will hand over a backstrap in a heart beat if it gets me invited back. I have one farmer who owns roughly 800 acres that I hunt. I stop by his house several times a year. I walk fences and make repairs or at least tell him about them. A handful of tomatoes from the garden, a jar of homemade salsa, a dozen farm eggs. Little things make a huge diffrence.
Old September 29, 2009, 04:39 PM   #8
Fryerpower

Tennessee

The signs that must be posted in Tennessee:
http://www.state.tn.us/twra/pdfs/permission.pdf

Hunter/Landowner permission card:
http://www.state.tn.us/twra/pdfs/0623.pdf

-Jim
Old October 3, 2009, 02:15 AM   #9
jim in Anchorage

Man am I glad I live in Alaska.
Old November 13, 2009, 08:03 PM   #10
millertyme

Arizona has its perks, too. Of all the land in AZ (aside from the reservations), only about 12% is privately owned, including all the land that makes up municipalities. Now if only we had some kind of game that we could freely hunt.
Old November 24, 2009, 12:38 AM   #11
rondog

Huh, never heard of written permission before, but it's been many years since I've hunted, and it was usually on relatives' land. Looks like an outstanding idea though. CYA cards!
Old November 30, 2009, 12:47 AM   #12
Fryerpower

It is an optional land owner protection in Tennessee. The land owner has to put up a bunch of signs on his/her property to gain the extra protection. In return, it makes it much easier on the wildlife police to figure out if someone should really be hunting there. If the land is posted, then anyone hunting must have the signed card. If they don't have the card then anyone caught hunting without one is breaking the law.

It simplifies identifying the bad guys. It also provides a formal CYA for people doing what they should be...getting permission to hunt.

-Jim
Old December 14, 2009, 01:31 PM   #13
Big44mag

This is VA's slip if anyone needs it.

http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/HUNTING...permission.pdf
Old February 19, 2010, 06:19 PM   #14
T.R.

I drafted this doc. You may make as many copies as you wish without copyright concerns.

TR
Old February 19, 2010, 07:42 PM   #15
matrem

"Although I have permission to hunt this property,the landowner is, in no way responsible for my actions."

Signed.. hunter
Signed.. landowner
Old March 18, 2010, 02:33 AM   #16
SR_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plank Road Farm View Post
Not sure where to ask this question, so move it if need be.

Does anyone have an example of a simple "permission to hunt" form?

I want to have it already printed out for the landowner to sign.

I don't want it to sound to much like a lawyer wrote it.

Just enough information so the game warden will be satisfied.

TIA
The rules vary by county (and perhaps even city) in NC. In the county I hunt in the written authorization must indicate that we have permission to use a centerfired rifle. Local rules are summarized in the booklet the wildlife commission prints out.
Old July 17, 2011, 10:58 AM   #17
Pugsbrew

These are good things to be required. You would not believe the trash and destruction some hunters leave behind. In OH you have to have a written consent form from the landowner. Even if it is family, and you are not immediate family, you need written permission.
Old July 17, 2011, 11:25 AM   #18
sig232

Quote:
A new form, "Release, Hold Harmless & Indemnification," approved by NRA's General Counsel, is now available from NRA. The form frees the landowner from any liability claims due to injuries, damages, illnesses, etc., that might arise from a hunter being present on that property.
http://www.nrahuntersrights.org/Article.aspx?id=964

http://www.nrahq.org/hunting/hunter_..._agreement.pdf
The Right to Keep and Bear Arms in defense of self, family and country is ultimately self-evident and is part of the Bill of Rights to the United States Constitution. Reduced to its core, it is about fundamental individual freedom, human worth, and self-destiny.
Old July 19, 2011, 08:27 PM   #19
Art Eatman
Administrator

Thank you, sig.
Old November 5, 2013, 07:37 PM   #20
Grayrock

I got this from a friend upon whose lease I hunted once. I guess he wants me to sign it in case he ever invites me back.

HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT
Hunter/Guest Name: (Print)________________________________
Date:_____________________
Hunting License Number:________________________________
In consideration of my right to enter and/or use for the real property and improvements (“Premises”) of John Doe, Joe Blow and The Shadow and Heirs or successors, property for hunting, shooting, social, observation, or recreational activities, including travel to and from any activities, (hereinafter “Activities”), do herby release, acquit, hold harmless, indemnify, and agree to defend John Doe, Joe Blow and The Shadow (owners) and their Heirs and successors or assigns (collectively, “Indemnities”) from and against any and all suits, actions, losses, damages, claims, or liability of any character, type or description, including without limiting the generality of the foregoing, all expenses of litigation, court costs, attorney’s fees, and cost of investigations for injury or death to any person, or injury to any property, received or sustained by any person, persons, or property, arising out of, either directly or indirectly, the above-referenced Activities, which may ever occur to me, my heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, successors or assigns, or to any guest or family member of mine(“Liabilities”). My obligation hereunder apply to all Liabilities, even if such Liabilities arise from or are attributed to the concurrent negligence of any Indemnity. The only Liabilities with respect to which this agreement does not apply is with respect to Liabilities resulting from the willful misconduct of an Indemnity. I further agree to promptly advice (sic) Owner in writing of any action, administrative or legal proceeding or investigation as to which this Agreement may apply, and agree, at my expense, to assume on behalf of Owner (and the Indemnities) and conduct with due diligence and good faith the defense thereof with counsel satisfactory to Owner, provided, however, that Owner shall have the right, at its option, to be represented therein by advisory counsel of its own selection and at its own expense.
I specifically understand and agree that neither property owner or owner heirs or Indemnities warrant or guarantee my safety on Premises or in route to or from where the Activities will be undertaken, and I accept the Premises “as is” and without any warranties, expressed or implied.
I warrant that I have read this HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT, and fully understand all terms and provisions.
I AM OF LEGAL AGE, COMPETENT TO SIGN THE HOLD HARMLESS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT AND DO SO WITHOUT RELIANCE ON ANY REPRESENTATIONS NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN.
As used this release, terms “my person” and “myself” include minors and guests in care while in my care on the premises.

Signed and effective this ________day of__ ___________, 2013.

Hunter/Guest Signature________________________________________
Old December 26, 2013, 05:39 PM   #21
irl104

Thanks for the various forms. Several to pick from.
Old May 10, 2014, 10:20 PM   #22
cammogunner

i dont use one i just ask if its ok to hunt i am the only one who hunts there to my knowledge so if i see someone there they most likley shouldnt be there