Quantcast
In Colorado? Come Shoot the Tactical Rifle Match! - Page 4 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Shooting Activities and Venues > Competition Shooting

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old June 23, 2014, 03:19 PM   #76
Dr.Rob

Several new shooters including Justin's pal had fun. RO's will gladly give you tips and feedback. We are all in this for having a fun safe match, come join us in July!

Thanks to all who take the time to run clipboards, brass and spot for our competitors, without you we'd never get done!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02063.jpg (97.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02067.jpg (100.1 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02074.jpg (91.0 KB, 17 views)
Old June 26, 2014, 07:19 PM   #77
Hoser

Good times for sure this past Sunday.

I am glad the changes we made are keeping it fun and new.
Old July 20, 2016, 09:31 AM   #78
Hoser

This Sunday.

Be there.
Old July 26, 2016, 12:14 AM   #79
griff383

Can you share more details please? Looks like fun
Old July 26, 2016, 08:31 AM   #80
Hoser

More details here.

http://www.thehighroad.org/showpost....07&postcount=1

and here.

https://www.ar-15.co/threads/10785-P...Tactical-Rifle
Old September 24, 2016, 07:03 PM   #81
Dr.Rob

Match is on for Sunday, AR vs. AK.
Old September 24, 2016, 08:20 PM   #82
Acera

Dr.Rob, good to see you running old school with a scope on the carry handle.

Usually suggesting such a thing on this forum gets you beat up by a gang of young guys that think it is so out of date and can't be done with any proficiency.
(BTW, I love my Colt with it's carry handle scope, LOL.)

Thomas Jefferson:"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #83
luffy100

i will be in Colorado next month. i will be there to see for and participate
Old Today, 03:30 AM   #84
Dr.Rob

Acera, you might be disappointed to know I have been running a purpose built competition rifle for a while. I still use my Colt as a back up, or when we have a more run and gun style match.

My competition rifle I put together on a Noveske lower with a fixed A2 stock. Model One made my upper, a fluted ER Shaw 1:9, 16 inch 'varmint' barrel, free floated. The BCG is commercial profile but it runs great. I topped it with a Burris 536 prism sight and a super sling. The free float really helps on longer range shots. I have made shots with the Colt out to 400, but I can do it with far more consistency with my green rifle. Took this after the match, it was dirty dusty day and your rifle might show it.

Old Today, 09:46 AM   #85
Acera

Yeah I saw all the photos. Just liked the other one. Good to see a various types of set ups in competition. Hate it when everyone looks like the bought the same thing from the same store.

Thomas Jefferson:"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
Old Today, 11:57 AM   #86
Dr.Rob

I almost ran it for AR vs. AK but I hadn't shot a match since March, I needed all the accuracy I could get