Quantcast
2014-Q3 Rimfire Match: - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Rifle Country

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 2, 2014, 09:55 PM   #1
Maverick223

Arrow 2014-Q3 Rimfire Match:

Welcome to a the official THR Rimfire Match, this match is for the months of July/August/September 2014! This match is open to any and every 22 caliber (as well as 17 and 20 caliber) rimfire rifle including the perennial favorite .22LR, as well as the .22Short, .22Long, .22 Mag., .17HM2, .17HMR, .17WSM, and 5mm Rem RF Mag (as well as any oddball rimfires that you might have). This match is meant to be challenging and educational, but most of all FUN. Hopefully it will get you out to the range and shooting your rifle. If you have one handy, make sure an bring a friend too.

There are Two Optics Divisions:
->Iron sights and non-magnified optics and red dots. Shot at 25yds.
->Scopes and other magnified sighting devices. Shot at 50yds.

There are Two Rifle Classes:
->Target Class: unlimited class primarily dedicated to target rifles but also includes any rifles that do not meet the prerequisites for the sporting division (highly modified rifles, rests, target sights, sub-.20cal. chamberings, high magnification optics- over 10x [in the appropriate division] may be used)
->Sporting Class: limited class for sporting rifles used in "field conditions" (Includes All Non-Target Class Autoloaders, Bolt Actions, Single Shots, Pumps, & Lever Rifles chambered for any rimfire cartridge .20cal./5mm and larger)

Both classes can be shot from any position. Rests/Sandbags/bipods are permitted in the Target Class only. Shooting stick(s) are now permitted for both divisions (either crossed or walking stick style). Use of a sling is encouraged.

25 Yd. (Irons) Target: See image attached below*. Scale to "fit to page" on standard 8.5x11in. paper. The objective is to fire one (1) shot at each bullseye target. The target is scored as marked with the center dot being worth 10pts (must be completely obliterated). Requires only cutting the line to be awarded the higher value (note that all hits outside of the 1-ring are to be recorded as a 0, no points are deducted), for a maximum available score of 170pts.

50 Yd. (Optics) Target: Same as above.

If you enjoyed this match (or are glutton for punishment, as the case may be) and want a bit more challenge, or just compare your rimfires to their larger cousins, check out the concurrent Centerfire Match (for a limited time only...unless participation increases).

When you are satisfied you've done your best post/attach (or shoot me a PM) a photo or scan of your target with as much of the following information as possible: Forum name (or name you want posted in the results), Rifle, make, model, vintage (if known), Sights/Optics (with magnification if applicable), Ammo, Position, Distance, Conditions (in/outdoors, wind, temperature...). Multiple submissions are allowed (in same or different division/class with same or different rifles).

Self-scoring is encouraged and appreciated; all submissions due before September 31st.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg THR 2014-Q3.jpg (196.1 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by Maverick223; July 2, 2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old July 15, 2014, 10:27 PM   #2
ford8nr

Target kind of scales funny, ends up being maybe 2/3 of a page in length?
Any other scaling pushes bulls off the page?
Old July 15, 2014, 11:24 PM   #3
Maverick223

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford8nr
Target kind of scales funny, ends up being maybe 2/3 of a page in length?
Any other scaling pushes bulls off the page?
That's correct, it's approximately square so it leaves a fair bit of white space on an standard 8.5x11. There's not much that can be done about that.

Old July 16, 2014, 08:02 PM   #4
Texas4x4hoe

Here's my go at it. Got a 133. Shot at 50yds with my Savage 93r17 17hmr at 18x.

Old July 16, 2014, 10:28 PM   #5
Maverick223

Well done, Tex. Thanks for getting the ball rolling!

Old July 18, 2014, 07:55 PM   #6
Gregaw

It was like winning the lottery last week when I was able to get two bricks of Wolf Match 22lr ordered and shipped from MidWay USA last week! $119 to the door after a $20 off promo code!!! I was able to break out the Savage Mark II after it has been relegated to the safe for the last several months due to a lack of ammo.

I count this target as 144. It was shot with my Mark II and a Mueller target scope set to 24X. I was prone and shooting with the aid of a bipod. Conditions were an amazingly comfortable 79 degrees with a light 2-3 MPH wind.

Happy shooting this weekend! Be safe!

Last edited by Gregaw; July 19, 2014 at 09:51 PM. Reason: fixed the picture rotation
Old July 19, 2014, 11:25 PM   #7
Maverick223

Good shooting, Gregaw...looks like patiently waiting for some good match served you well.

Old July 21, 2014, 08:57 PM   #8
ford8nr

Got out for a little while tonight after shooting a siloutte league. Weather was hot 92 and HUMID. Set up the targets at 50yds, TOUGH TARGET ended up with a 119 shooting Agulia Target and a 110 shooting RWS Target out of my CZ 452 with a 18x scope. Gotta get back out when I've got more time.
Old July 27, 2014, 07:05 PM   #9
nbkky71

I took this past Friday off so I went down to CRPC and gave this a shot. It took a few tries, but here's the pick of the litter. This definitely got harder as it got hotter & the mirage picked up. I had a couple of close "10's" on this target, but only the last shot took out the dot. I'm scoring this as a 149

H&R M-12
BSA 8-32x44 optic
Wolf Match Target ammo
Shot off the bench with front rest & rear bag

CMP Distinguished Rifleman #2113
NRA XTC Master Class
Old August 7, 2014, 12:40 PM   #10
nbkky71

Looks like my target pic went away... reposting the image.

CMP Distinguished Rifleman #2113
NRA XTC Master Class
Old August 16, 2014, 09:35 PM   #11
happygeek

I tried this one with iron sights (CMMG M4orgery in 22LR), prone unsupported at 25 yards. I really could not make out the different bullseyes, so I pretty much just shot at different parts of the paper and hoped for the best.

I'm actually surprised I only hit one negative points zone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0816141822.jpg (68.6 KB, 19 views)
Old September 8, 2014, 07:51 PM   #12
Gregaw

Well, I've enjoyed shooting this target and shot one more today. It was my best yet, so I'm going to post it. It is a 150. The rain was coming and I shot the last 6 rounds in a light drizzle to the sound of lightning getting closer. I was taking advantage of the calm wind conditions ahead of the front!

same rifle as my other targets above.