Quantcast
Best 10-round magazine for a 1911 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Holsters and Accessories

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 8, 2014, 08:37 PM   #1
malakili

Best 10-round magazine for a 1911

Hello, all. In your personal experience, what brand of 10-round magazine has functioned most reliably in your single-stack .45 1911? Please specify brand and model of 1911.

Thanks

1. We're all constantly in grave danger from armed criminals, in our homes, schools, and businesses.

2. Anyone who would keep or carry a gun to protect themselves from armed criminals is misguided or paranoid.
Old July 9, 2014, 01:05 PM   #2
1KPerDay

Colt, Dan Wesson, and Rock Island 1911s... Chip McCormick Power 10 mags have been good for me.

The metalform 10 rounders from CDNN (which I actually doubt are actually metalform) haven't been as good. YMMV

Wilson I've had the welded stop tab break off after a while.
Old July 9, 2014, 03:37 PM   #3
JTQ

Quote:
Wilson I've had the welded stop tab break off after a while.
Wilson makes very good mags, but this is a common complaint.

McCormick and Tripp have very good reputations.

Unless you are in competition that requires 10 round mags, you are usually better off with 7 round (preferably) or 8 round mags in the 1911. If you want higher capacity than 7 or 8 rounds in .45ACP, you should probably pick a different gun.