Quantcast
Will ruger come out with a 3 inch lcr - Page 2 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Revolvers

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 12, 2014, 09:39 PM   #26
herrwalther

A 3 inch barrel would increase the velocity of the .357 by about 200-300 FPS depending on loading. A significant improvement that would be worth the design. Makes more sense than Springfield extending the barrel on the .45 XD-s. But it is a pocket gun and that 1.2" extra barrel makes a big difference.
Old July 12, 2014, 10:00 PM   #27
R.W.Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrwalther View Post
A 3 inch barrel would increase the velocity of the .357 by about 200-300 FPS depending on loading. A significant improvement that would be worth the design. Makes more sense than Springfield extending the barrel on the .45 XD-s. But it is a pocket gun and that 1.2" extra barrel makes a big difference.

Right.

And at least for me I don't find that more barrel makes a revolver any harder to conceal. For me it's all cyl diameter and grip profile
Old July 12, 2014, 10:51 PM   #28
mountain_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLM3rd View Post
A 5 shot .45 ACP using full moon clips, would be awesome!
Yes it would
Old July 13, 2014, 07:26 AM   #29
RealGun

Quote:
And at least for me I don't find that more barrel makes a revolver any harder to conceal. For me it's all cyl diameter and grip profile
Your context must be snubbies, maybe 1.25 versus 2.25, perhaps as long as 3", but of course in general, barrel length is certainly a consideration for ability to realistically conceal.
Old July 13, 2014, 09:22 AM   #30
TexasGrayBeard

I sent Ruger an email about a lcr in 327. Their reply was that they "have no plans to manufacture the lcr in that caliber at this time." I would prefer that over a 3" lcr.
Old July 13, 2014, 09:54 AM   #31
R.W.Dale

Will ruger come out with a 3 inch lcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealGun View Post
Your context must be snubbies, maybe 1.25 versus 2.25, perhaps as long as 3", but of course in general, barrel length is certainly a consideration for ability to realistically conceal.

No my context is all the way up to a 6" barrel

It probably helps that I'm 6'-3" and don't have as waist = to or greater than my inseam like most folks here.

I actually find a somewhat longer than snubby barrel helps with OWB in that the barrel rides my hip and pushes the grip in closer to my body.

Last edited by R.W.Dale; July 13, 2014 at 09:57 AM. Reason: v
Old July 13, 2014, 11:41 AM   #32
gun_with_a_view

Quote:
they "have no plans to manufacture the lcr in that caliber at this time."
Maybe not. But the company may well resume production of the SP101 in 327 MAG, as well as a popular discontinued single action revolver once the new plant in Mayodan, NC is online. Apparently a shortage of manufacturing floorspace got both guns sidelined. This came straight from the horse's mouth. Ruger made a point the SP101 in 327 MAG did not die due to lack of demand, as is commonly said.

Interestingly, there was a network news story this morning about the murder of an accountant in or near Kalamazoo, MI who was shot in the head. There was a photo of some bullets on the scene. They sure looked like 327 MAGS, which are very distinguishable by their length. Years ago I came across a reference to the popularity of .32 caliber in southern Michigan. No reason to think that particular caliber choice didn't carry over to the 327 MAG.
Old July 14, 2014, 11:24 AM   #33
hariph creek

A 9 shot LCRX in .22lr with a 3" barrel and adjustable sights. Now that would be a dandy kit gun.
Old July 15, 2014, 10:20 AM   #34
Orion8472

^ It would. . . . . . . . . It really really would!
Old July 15, 2014, 12:48 PM   #35
herrwalther

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun_with_a_view
Maybe not. But the company may well resume production of the SP101 in 327 MAG, as well as a popular discontinued single action revolver once the new plant in Mayodan, NC is online. Apparently a shortage of manufacturing floorspace got both guns sidelined. This came straight from the horse's mouth. Ruger made a point the SP101 in 327 MAG did not die due to lack of demand, as is commonly said.
Funnily enough I was watching "Ruger Inside and Out" today (recorded from last night) about they are making (or have made) a Single-Seven in 327. They were also talking about a snub nosed SP101 with Novak front and rear sights.
Old July 15, 2014, 02:37 PM   #36
Confederate

I would like to see a 3-inch barrel. Heck, I'd like to see an LCR with a 2-inch barrel! But 2.75-inch would be fine. Having a 1.78-inch barrel is ridiculous, however.
Old July 19, 2014, 08:01 PM   #37
TexasGrayBeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by herrwalther View Post
Funnily enough I was watching "Ruger Inside and Out" today (recorded from last night) about they are making (or have made) a Single-Seven in 327. They were also talking about a snub nosed SP101 with Novak front and rear sights.
I hope Ruger does make a single action 327. (Seven rounds would be nice as well) I shoot 32 H&R Mag through my SP in 327 and I have to say it's my favorite pistol and caliber to shoot.
Old July 20, 2014, 05:01 AM   #38
Nick Burkhardt

I would be happy if they made the barrel just long enough so the rod could eject the casings cleanly, 2 1/8".
Old July 20, 2014, 06:12 AM   #39
Phaedrus/69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Burkhardt
I would be happy if they made the barrel just long enough so the rod could eject the casings cleanly, 2 1/8".
This! A 3" version would be nice if for no other reason. In my case when I carry my LCR I carry IWB anyways so the extra inch wouldn't be an issue for me. I'd appreciate the extra sight radius and velocity, too.
Old July 20, 2014, 10:21 AM   #40
RealGun

Quote:
I hope Ruger does make a single action 327. (Seven rounds would be nice as well) I shoot 32 H&R Mag through my SP in 327 and I have to say it's my favorite pistol and caliber to shoot.
Why not just settle for the existing 32 H&R Magnums in the Single Six platform? You apparently are just going to shoot that ammo anyway.

They exist but are no longer produced, near as I can tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhKZ9M42iQk
Old July 21, 2014, 09:37 AM   #41
herkyguy

The .22LR LCR with a longer barrel and higher-end adjustable sights would be awesome.
Old July 23, 2014, 01:20 AM   #42
treetop_66

Ruger is a business. I think they will make a polymer revolver in any configuration they think they can sell. I would be surprised if we don't see longer barrels and larger frames.