Quantcast
.32acp Erma Luger - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 19, 2014, 09:17 PM   #1
Big Shrek

.32acp Erma Luger

What holsters will fit this pistol nicely??

Trying to figure out the size...like for ankle holsters...
Old July 20, 2014, 02:07 PM   #2
bannockburn

I don't know about the availability of an ankle holster for a gun like that which has been out of production for a number if years. You're best bet would be some generic medium frame size semi-auto holster. That or else find someone who can make you a Kydex holster molded from your gun.
Old July 20, 2014, 06:20 PM   #3
Big Shrek

I just had an epiphany...I wear shorts 11 months of the year,
how the heck am I gonna hide an ankle holster?? LOL

Fiddled around in a few sporting goods stores today...
almost any 3.5" barrel small/medium leather or fabric holster will fit...
I've just got to figure out where I'm going to conceal it...
obviously can't use the same position as the CS45, (Thunderwear)
so this may require some thought...
perhaps a cargo-pocket holster...as my shorts usually have those...
Old July 20, 2014, 10:19 PM   #4
Willie Sutton

Really... I can't think of too many handguns less suited for personal defense than an Erma Luger.

Willie

Old July 20, 2014, 11:30 PM   #5
Big Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Sutton View Post
Really... I can't think of too many handguns less suited for personal defense than an Erma Luger.

Willie

.32acp was used quite widely in the old days...it works nicely on a wide variety of predators...
while I am a subscriber to the Bigger Is Better caliber rule & my EDC is a S&W CS45,
I'm also quite aware that a second pistol is occasionally very useful,
or, as sometimes occurs, you don't want to use a large caliber in a particular situation...
and frankly, I don't want to waste a .45acp round on a dog/possum/armadillo/snake/etc...
Old July 20, 2014, 11:33 PM   #6
MICHAEL T

I make sure it would run a few 100 rounds with out a problem . I remember when new they weren't all that reliable
http://bersachat.com #1 board on net for Bersa pistols and now American Classic 1911's have their own place

http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com
Old July 21, 2014, 12:34 AM   #7
barnbwt

Quote:
.32acp was used quite widely in the old days
He means the gun, not the chambering; the Erma's have quite the reputation, so I hear (not that your particular example is a jam-master-Jay, but most seem to be). Cool guns for sure, though (I got to mess with a 380 model, recently, and we fairly impressed considering its somewhat humble origins)

TCB
Old July 21, 2014, 01:02 AM   #8
Willie Sutton

^^ This. It's... well..... <sigh>...

Willie

Old July 30, 2014, 11:57 PM   #9
Big Shrek

Yes, I got that, the Erma wasn't considered to be topping anyone's Defensive Carry list...
but, I think it'd be a nice item to have along to fill in the gap vs possum/other critters
that I'd hate to waste a .45acp on...given the price of .45 these days...

If you don't carry it around, you can't use it when opportunity presents itself.

And while I'll hopefully never have to use my .45 defensively, it rides in Primary carry mode,
and chances are fairly high I'll pop another critter with it when the need arises...
but I'd rather use something a little less expensive to reload

The Erma isn't taking the place of my EDC, just supplementing...BUG-style...
also much easier to carry around in a pocket than a critter rifle...
hence the need for a decent pocket holster...
given its reliability thusfar at the range, I'd give it the same trust as a Walther PPK.
Chances are it'll hiccup sooner or later, much as the PPK was wont to

Surely SOMEONE has had an Erma .32, and used it in some sort of holster??