Quantcast
Hunter I just finished. - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Non-Firearm Weapons

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 12, 2014, 08:02 PM   #1
R H Clark

Hunter I just finished.

I have had this one promised for about a year. I tried to give the guy his money back several times but he decided to wait. He did know the time frame before he ever bought it. It was a sort of trade and the first time I ever took money in advance, so to speak and it about worried me silly until it was done. I only do a few in my spare time though.

Hand forged 1095, brass, and Sambar stag. Sorry for the reflections causing the blade to appear dark.

I think this is the best sheath I've made yet.
Old July 12, 2014, 08:22 PM   #2
Sam Cade

That is a very pretty set!

Love THR? Help support it (and never see advertisements again) by becoming a Contributing Member.
http://www.thehighroad.org/payments.php
Old July 12, 2014, 08:36 PM   #3
jmr40

I'm impressed. Hard to any accurate perspective in the photo, but I'm guessing around 3.5"-4" blade. I like a well made sheath as much as the knife. The leather work is the finishing touch.
Old July 12, 2014, 09:10 PM   #4
R H Clark

Sorry, yes the blade is right at 4". I didn't even measure the specs on this one since I never put it up for sale but had it spoken for so long.

Thanks for the compliments.

It's a new keeper style I'm using where it's a separate piece wrapped around over a large stud. the advantage is that if I mess up the keeper the sheath isn't ruined and if the owner accidentally cuts the keeper it can easily be replaced. You just pop off one side and it will hang free but it won't easily come off and get lost even with one side undone. It is completely secure with both sides fastened. Plus I think it looks cool.
Old July 12, 2014, 10:27 PM   #5
Valkman

That's great work there! I went through that too when I couldn't make a knife as fast as I wanted to, very nerve wracking. I hated taking more orders that I could fill in a month or two.
Old July 12, 2014, 10:30 PM   #6
Noah

That's a gorgeous knife
Old July 13, 2014, 08:57 AM   #7
stan rose

Very nice knife.
Old July 13, 2014, 09:17 AM   #8
hso

That's a very pretty piece and the sheath work is lovely!

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.
Old July 13, 2014, 10:48 AM   #9
Drail

THAT is a very good design. All of the angles and proportions are perfect in my mind for a hunting blade. And best of all -1095! Outstanding!
Old July 13, 2014, 04:38 PM   #10
nmlongbow

Beautiful work. That's one knife and sheath combo that I wouldn't mind waiting a year for. Are you taking any more orders?
Old July 13, 2014, 05:10 PM   #11
JShirley
Administrator

Good blade shape. Well done.
Old July 14, 2014, 10:33 AM   #12
bannockburn

R H Clark

Very nice knife and a well designed and constructed sheath to go with it.
Old July 18, 2014, 06:34 PM   #13
Brin

Clark, very nice workmanship on the knife and the heavy leather sheath. Sharp knives need well made sheaths. I know a guy who was out hunting by himself when he lost his footing and took a tumble. His hunting knife cut right through its sheath and in to him. He was lucky, help arrived before he bled out. I make my sheaths and holsters out of 8-9 ounce leather.
Old July 18, 2014, 09:36 PM   #14
R H Clark

Brin
I couldn't agree more. I think that one is 10-12 oz with a nearly 1/2" welt, and a liner layer over the stud that's about 2 oz.

Thanks for the kind words.
Old July 23, 2014, 11:40 PM   #15
Deltaboy

Thumbs up

Great job.