Quantcast
This place is awesome - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > General Gun Discussions

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 25, 2014, 09:11 AM   #1
GunnerJ

This place is awesome

I was just looking through the options you can post a new topic under and I realized how awesome it is that there is actually a pretty popular forum that is based solely on guns and gun speak....a glitter of hope

Last edited by hso; July 25, 2014 at 10:22 PM.
Old July 25, 2014, 09:19 AM   #2
barnbwt

Welcome to the asylum

TCB
Old July 25, 2014, 10:13 AM   #3
tyeo098

One of us, one of us, one of us...

Its therapy really. Shooting, reloading, and highroading keeps us all from going bonkers!
Old July 25, 2014, 10:16 AM   #4
bannockburn

THR has been one of my favorite places to hang out online for quite a few years now. Lots of interesting topics and plenty of helpful and enlightening information. The gun photos are nice too.

In the non-internet world I can usually be found at the well-stocked gun magazine section of my local bookstore.
Old July 25, 2014, 10:22 AM   #5
TMCCOY

Agreed! I wish I had looked at this site more closely years ago. It is a refreshing format and I hope my being here contributes further :-).
Old July 25, 2014, 10:50 AM   #6
CoalTrain49

Yep, pretty good place to hang. Management has a top notch starting lineup.
Old July 25, 2014, 10:58 AM   #7
taliv

wait.... they still print gun magazines??
Distinguished Rifleman Badge #1971
Geocaching Targets! www.targetcaching.com
Precision Rifle Series
Old July 25, 2014, 11:27 AM   #8
dmurdach

I spend way to much time trolling these forums, but it is great info. Not as fun as shooting or reloading but a close 3rd.
Old July 25, 2014, 11:50 AM   #9
Arkansas Paul

Yep.
I'm a member of a few forums (one for golf, one for cigars) but THR gets the vast majority of my online time.
Old July 25, 2014, 01:50 PM   #10
Mooseman

This is a great forum and a big thumbs up to the moderators who help keep it that way.

Welcome to THR
Old July 25, 2014, 02:41 PM   #11
Robert

More than 90% of the moderation is done by members reporting post that do not conform to our standards. It is the members that make THR what it is, we just sweep up from time to time.

Superior gear will never make up for a lack of training or attitude.

When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.- Chief Tecumseh
Old July 25, 2014, 03:42 PM   #12
MtnCreek

Quote:
Originally Posted by taliv View Post
wait.... they still print gun magazines??
A loved one was in the hospital a while back so I grabbed a handful of gun magazines from a store to thumb through while sitting. That experience really made me appreciate this place more.
Old July 25, 2014, 03:47 PM   #13
horsemen61

It is probally the best run gun fourm IMHO
Old July 25, 2014, 04:11 PM   #14
Potatohead
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
This is a great forum and a big thumbs up to the moderators who help keep it that way.

Welcome to THR
+1.
Ive seen where some complain that it's more "heavily moderated" than most. Im glad it is though. Nice to have some structure.

It's probably because the moderators are paid so well I bet!
Old July 25, 2014, 04:13 PM   #15
bainter1212

This place is a haven when the rhetoric elsewhere becomes less than civil.
Old July 25, 2014, 04:36 PM   #16
Steve CT

I am an Admin on a smaller shooting Forum, THR is pretty much my role model of how a great shooting Forum is run and managed.

Always informative, and the stupid stuff gets shut down very quickly
Old July 25, 2014, 04:46 PM   #17
Jim K

There are several good general gun sites and a larger number of sites dedicated to specific gun types. I don't want to name any out of deference to this site, but a good search engine should find all or most of them.

We all hope to add to gun knowledge and to the strength of the pro-gun, pro-2A movement.

Jim
Old July 25, 2014, 05:10 PM   #18
230RN
Contributing Member

It's also one of the slickest in terms of user operating efficiency. No hangups, no tricks, no timeouts. You click post, and it posts without delay. You click this or that and it does "this or that" without confusing the software... etc.

Really refreshing.

Terry, 230RN
Old July 25, 2014, 05:21 PM   #19
blarby
Contributing Member

It is indeed, pretty spiff.

Welcome to the club !

The Reloading section Pay it Forward thread. Here
Old July 25, 2014, 05:33 PM   #20
Cooldill

I love THR too! I've learned so much here and am still learning!

Last edited by Cooldill; July 26, 2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old July 25, 2014, 09:25 PM   #21
bandur60

I read on a couple of other forums but THR (and targettalk) are the only ones I ever post on. People here are MUCH more accepting of posters for who they are (and their grammar!) and the ratio of help/criticism is, like, infinity. You know, division by zero? There are members on other forums whose posts I always skip due to the attitudes and tone of their posts. Of course there are some here that don't grab my interest but that's not to say they're not civil, they just don't fall into my "read me" category.

Big thanks to the mods and sponsors here on THR!
Old July 25, 2014, 09:38 PM   #22
vamo

As far as gun forums this isn't the only show in town but imho it is the best. There is a certain level of respectfulness and rational thinking expected of posts here.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

-C.S. Lewis
Old July 25, 2014, 10:26 PM   #23
hso

Welcome and thanks.

Do keep in mind we take that code of conduct that you pledged to uphold very seriously and you may be surprised how high a standard we expect members to uphold. If you can honor your word and keep an open mind about breadth and depth of 2A advocacy you'll learn a lot.

TheHighRoad exists to provide a higher grade of discussion than is found on some other gun forums so antis and undecideds can see that gun owners and RKBA advocates are not the reckless misanthropes they tell everyone we are. Personal attacks, group stereotyping, macho chest-thumping, and partisan hackery are low road and hurt all of us.
Old July 25, 2014, 10:52 PM   #24
Legionnaire

Welcome aboard. THR is far and away my favorite of the gun boards. Good breadth of sub-forums and knowledgable people contributing to each. I frequent several others, but this is the one I call "home."
Old July 26, 2014, 12:37 AM   #25
lxd55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
More than 90% of the moderation is done by members reporting post that do not conform to our standards. It is the members that make THR what it is, we just sweep up from time to time.
interesting