Quantcast
NV Drops WV and LA. . . . MT Honors AL & IL - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Social Situations > Legal

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 4, 2014, 02:48 PM   #1
Gary Slider

NV Drops WV and LA. . . . MT Honors AL & IL

Nevada has removed West Virginia and Louisiana from the list of states they will honor. WV was dropped as they will issue to 18 – 20 Y/O if required for employment. Not sure why they dropped Louisiana. You can see Nevada’s list of states they honor Here:
http://nvrepository.state.nv.us/ccw_changes.shtml
Louisiana will most likely drop Nevada in the coming days or weeks from their listings as they will only honor states that honor them.

Montana now honors Illinois and Alabama. https://doj.mt.gov/enforcement/concealed-weapons/
That makes 43 states that Montana Honors.

These changes will be updated on www.handgunlaw.us late this evening or early tomorrow.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.

Last edited by Gary Slider; August 4, 2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old August 4, 2014, 03:21 PM   #2
Red Wind

Nevada is a pain in the neck. They dropped Florida quite awhile back. I just open carry there in the netherworld.
Old August 4, 2014, 06:40 PM   #3
Gary Slider

Talked to Louisiana this afternoon and they will be dropping Nevada from the list of states they honor.
Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network.
Old August 5, 2014, 10:33 AM   #4
CoalTrain49

Quote:
Nevada is a pain in the neck. They dropped Florida quite awhile back. I just open carry there in the netherworld.
NM is the same way. One would think that at least the western states could get on the same page. I don't expect CA will ever get on anyones page but the rest of the states could easily do that. The differences in the laws are minute when it comes to concealed carry. All the present situation shows me is lawmakers aren't interested in negotiating a regional concealed carry permit and standards. It would make it a lot easier on LEO's and the general population but I guess that's just too much heavy thinking for your average state legislator.
Old August 5, 2014, 03:40 PM   #5
RustyShackelford

NV/FL......

Florida was burned by a few states because of a dispute in south Florida where a few K/firearm cadre were busted using airsoft pistols for qualifications.
The Florida Div of Licensing got irked too by fake instructors & schools who cranked out bogus diplomas or didn't train citizens/students properly.

It's fair or prudent to the 100s of other K trainers or classes that comply with the statues.
To my knowledge, VA residents can just take a online class.
The WV 18-20 year old thing I can get. I wouldn't take issue with a active duty service member under 21(over 18) who wants to carry concealed guns while on leave but a blanket wavier for armed or licensed officers(18-20) can be a problem.

Andre Agassi
Old August 7, 2014, 02:01 PM   #6
mbogo

Unfortunately, the Nevada legislature has extralegally allowed the Nevada Chiefs & Sheriffs Organization (NCSO) to set policy on CCW reciprocity.

The NCSO has alternately claimed to be 'private' and 'governmental' as it suits them.

We're trying to remedy this and make the legislature pass a law requiring formal standards for reciprocity between NV and other states.

mbogo
Old August 11, 2014, 04:08 PM   #7
mbogo

Sorry, that is the Nevada Chiefs and Sheriffs Association (NCSA).