Quantcast
Who makes your favorite functional holsters? - Page 4 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Holsters and Accessories

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 11, 2014, 09:37 AM   #76
Scarpia

Me too...

Quote:
I cheat...

By making my own. If it doesn't come out right I have no one else to blame. On occasion I've made two or three before I got it "exactly right," but after that it's been good to go.

Usually I don't do any tooling except possibly along the border (edges) because I tend to mold the leather around the gun. Tooling can cut some of the leather's fibers, and that isn't good for what I'm doing.
I was looking for a slide belt with open bottom holster for my Browning BDA 380 but wasn't crazy about spending the bucks to see if those available were just OK. I decided to acquire the tools and materials from a local leather supply house and make my own. After two 'proof of concept' holsters, I came up with one then another that are "functional". I basically used the same process as described above. I now have a gun that feels comfortable on my hip with a forward cant that fits my body and arm motion and more importantly, doesn't pop out. The Browning BDA 380 and my S&W 36 (both in nickle) are those special guns that I'm willing to spend big bucks for a holster but only if it fits me and the guns.

Last edited by Scarpia; August 11, 2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old August 11, 2014, 10:35 AM   #77
WRGADog

Mitch Rosen for my Kimber Solo.
Old August 11, 2014, 11:40 AM   #78
sfed

I have an N82 Tactical inside the waistband holster which they make for your specific carry weapon, the absolute most comfortable all day carry holster I have ever seen. I forget it is there most of the time, no pinch pressure points just all around excellent holster in my opinion.
Old August 11, 2014, 09:36 PM   #79
Vodoun da Vinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus/69 View Post

FWIW I have eight Garrett holsters and a ninth on the way (for my latest acquisition, an HK USPc). Needless to say I love their stuff.
Super thanks for the heads up on Garrett! I don't have one yet but this looks like something I'd like to try. I'm a die hard Appendix carry aficionado and Garrett has some pretty cool super slim stuff for this style of carry.

Wouldn't have researched it with yer prompt, pix, and recommendation!

VooDoo
Beretta Px4 9mm subcompact, Glock 26 Gen4, Dan Wesson 15-2VH .357 Magnum, Ruger LCR .38 Special +P, Colt 1903 Model M .32ACP, Ruger 3 screw Blackhawk .357 Magnum, Ruger Bearcat .22, S&W Model 19 .357 Magnum, Colt Officers ACP .45, Glock 42, Beretta Pico
Old August 14, 2014, 09:11 AM   #80
Tophernj

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grand Baboon View Post
I carry my Glock 19 in a G-Code Incog every day to class, just about at the 4:30 position.

It's comfortable and built very well. If I couldn't sit through a two hour Calculus lecture in a 30+ year old wooden seats with it strapped on, I wouldn't be using it.

Also, G-Code hooked me up with a cool sticker pack because they love military folk. Great bunch of people.

Yeah... Thanks for costing me money!!!

I ordered a paddle holster and mag holders from them the other day. Anxiously awaiting their arrival.

C
Old August 14, 2014, 10:07 AM   #81
possumbelly220

https://www.grassburr.com/ They make some very nice cowboy rigs and custom mounts for inside your car/truck.
Old August 14, 2014, 11:24 AM   #82
Quadkid

I've only just started ccw'ing this summer but I'm really impressed with the Kusiak Leather holsters I have for my LCP and Shield. Thin so they don't add much girth, but stout enough to hold everything in place. $35.

http://www.kusiakleather.com/
Old August 21, 2014, 04:16 PM   #83
iblong

I mostly carry IWB and could open a used holster store like many others here.
The only holsters I buy these day's are all leather.By Milt sparks or TTgunleather
The latter getting the nod for the last Three.
Old September 11, 2014, 02:41 PM   #84
nbragtop

I am a big guy stomach and love handles so holsters just dont fit well. Here is what works for me. The best feel and fit is a Crossfiregear.com "Alaskan" bandolier for my 6 1/2" Judge or N frame S&W's or Ruger SP 101 4.2". And you will not beat the quality. For OWB, Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake for my , Ruger SP 101 4.2" or S&W 642. Neither imprint on me with a loose fitting shirt over them.
Old September 11, 2014, 11:50 PM   #85
TomJ

Cooks. I use them for both IWB and tuckable.

Gun control is the belief that declawing a cat will protect it against other animals.
Old September 17, 2014, 03:08 PM   #86
dobegrant

Simply Rugged Holsters, great craftsmanship :http://www.simplyrugged.com/
Old September 17, 2014, 03:26 PM   #87
sfed

The most comfortable holster for my carry weapon is an IWB holster made by N82 Tactical. It is so comfortable I forget I even have it on me. They will make a holster for your weapon and I would bet you will be more than satisfied!!

Edited to add: N82 Tactical is made in the USA!!!
Old September 26, 2014, 11:27 AM   #88
markman

I just received a kydex holster from "4 Corners Concealment" that I really like. It's made as well or better as any big name brand I've had, but it only cost about $40. It's their "Scorpion IWB KYDEX® Holster"

http://www.4cornersconcealment.com/default.asp

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old September 27, 2014, 12:28 PM   #89
Sebastian the Ibis

Comp-Tac. 100% leather holsters do not work in the South Florida heat and humidity. Comp-Tac has a nice mix of leather and plastic.
Old October 2, 2014, 12:49 PM   #90
340PD

For all around usefulness at a reasonable price, and IWB,

Garrett's Silent Thunder models. Leather lined kydex.

Old December 11, 2014, 02:46 PM   #91
chiltech500
Contributing Member

++ Garretts Silent Thunder. I love leather holsters and have many. The Garret Kydex sold with my Commander sized 1911 I would have loved to have kept if it fit another pistol in my collection. Have not seen/used another kydex holster that I would buy after owning the Garrett.
Old December 11, 2014, 08:03 PM   #92
GBExpat
Contributing Member

Location: Rural, far beyond the beltway, Northern Virginia, USA
Quote:
Who makes your favorite functional holsters?
Roy Baker. My favorite holster is still the black leather pancake holster that I bought in 1975(6?) for my Walther.
Old December 12, 2014, 10:34 AM   #93
Wishoot

Of the couple dozen holsters I own for various guns, the only company I've bought from multiple times is High Noon.
Old December 24, 2014, 02:16 AM   #94
Lycidas Janwor

great, thread, so many options...
Old December 24, 2014, 03:24 AM   #95
GRIZ22

DeSantis. Speed Scabbard my favorite.
Old December 24, 2014, 11:46 AM   #96
kayak-man

Location: PAC-NW but I'm playing on the beach in Florida for a while
I've been using a Keepers Concealment AIWB for the past couple weeks. It's hands down my new favorite holster!

Blessed be the lord, my strength, who trains my hands for war and my fingers to fight.
Old December 24, 2014, 12:21 PM   #97
maxxhavoc

For IWB, the only holsters I have kept are the Comp-Tac Minotaur and an Aliengear Cloak Tuck IWB. Both are good.

Surprisingly, the less expensive Aliengear is the one I prefer for everyday carry. It stays cooler and chafes less.

The Comp-tac supports a heavy 1911 better.