Quantcast
Did Bersa make a BP9cc with a Tan frame? - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Tools and Technologies > Handguns: Autoloaders

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old August 26, 2014, 08:35 PM   #1
Orion8472

Did Bersa make a BP9cc with a Tan frame?

Did Bersa actually release some BP9cc pistols with the Tan [dark earth] type frame? I am kinda wanting a BP9cc, but would really want one with the Tan frame. A couple of questions [for those who may know]:

1. Did they come out with a short run of them, thus I'm out of luck outside of finding a used one?

2. Are they coming out with them at some point in the future?

3. Did they totally drop the idea of a Tan frame all together?

Thanks for any insight you may be able to offer on this topic.
Old August 27, 2014, 01:02 AM   #2
Phaedrus/69

I've seen OD green ones but never tan. Maybe they did make 'em but I haven't seen any.
Old August 27, 2014, 11:34 AM   #3
Orion8472

I did a google search and saw someone making mention of it at a 2013 show, and included a picture. So some were made, but that's about all the information I have.

Kinda hoping they DO put one out. It's a popular color. One with a stainless slide would be the one I would want!
Old September 2, 2014, 10:16 AM   #4
Orion8472

Contacted the Bersa importer. They said that they're going to try to see about getting Bersa doing some Desert Earth framed BP9cc pistols in 2015 [whenever THAT would actually be].

What do you think? Would they sell more of them if they sent out Desert Earth frames?
Old September 2, 2014, 11:43 AM   #5
CNobbe

Dunno but I am very pleased with my OD green framed BP9. I bought it on a whim as it was $349.99 and when I tried the trigger I was very surprised.

Probably my favorite single stacker to shoot.
Old September 2, 2014, 11:46 AM   #6
Orion8472

The trigger really is quite stellar! I'm planning on one for my conceal carry. However, I would PREFER a Desert Earth frame. But how long would it take to get them here. . . . . .even IF they do? I could be waiting for quite a while on something that may not even arrive.

But yeah, the OD is my next choice.
Old September 2, 2014, 11:18 PM   #7
MICHAEL T

Contact Eagle 732.493.0302 They should be able to tell you.
http://bersachat.com #1 board on net for Bersa pistols and now American Classic 1911's have their own place

http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com
Old September 3, 2014, 09:02 AM   #8
Orion8472

That's who I got in contact with. Thanks for the info, though.

Another question. How IS the quality of a Bersa BP9cc over, for example, a S&W Shield, . . . . in all honesty?
Old September 4, 2014, 07:34 PM   #9
MICHAEL T

My self I would take the Bersa.
http://bersachat.com #1 board on net for Bersa pistols and now American Classic 1911's have their own place

http://www.americanclassic1911forum.com
Old September 4, 2014, 08:13 PM   #10
Orion8472

Can you extrapolate on that, please? Thanks!
Old September 5, 2014, 03:59 AM   #11
Phaedrus/69

I felt that the BP9CC was pretty well made. Field stripping it all the internals looked good, nicely machined with no burrs or excessive tool marks. It operates smoothly and is a good shooter. My sister ended up talking me out of it but I put a thousand trouble free rounds through it before she got it from me.

The pros of the gun:

1) Trigger- the trigger on the gun is great! Very light, almost shockingly light for a gun with no safety. But pretty clean, not spongy at all with a good break.

2) Size- the BP9CC is very very slim and light. I haven't compared it head to head with everything out there but it's very easy to conceal.

3) Shootability- it really points well and is easy to shoot. Recoil is subjectively very manageable and the gun is a soft shooter.

4) Ergonomics- this is subjective but it really fit my hand well; nice contours and the surfaces are 'melted' to minimize any sharp corners or hot spots.

The downsides as I see them:

1) Mags- no one but Bersa seems to make them and the best price I found was around $45 each! And to think I used to gripe that HK mags were expensive! They do seem work well though.

2) Internal lock- I never had any issues with it but just on principle I dislike internal locks. Just one more thing to fail.

3) Lack of holsters and accessories- I was able to find a few holsters but sadly Garrett Industries doesn't offer one. If I can't get a GI Silent Thunder IWB for a given gun I will probably not carry that gun much. It does use Sig and Glock sights so at least you can get alternate sights (night sights, etc) for it.

4) Sight regulation- the gun was accurate but it seemed that the sights weren't perfectly regulated, mine shot a bit low. However, you can get different height sights. And all I shot was 115gr. I owned during the Great Ammo Scare and couldn't put my hands on 9mm ammo easily so I didn't have any chance to try much besides Tul and WWB.
Old September 5, 2014, 09:41 AM   #12
Orion8472

My very opinionated gunsmith friend didn't want me to get one because "it's a Bersa!", but I am thinking that I may disregard him and get one anyway. I've not really heard anything bad about the gun and I REALLY like the feel of it.

The other option is to get another Shield [with a trigger that I really don't like, but I'm running out of options].