Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 11 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old December 23, 2007, 12:21 AM   #251
elkhuntingfool

not certain how to load pictures - so here's a link

Bench is made out of angle iron with a 3/4" plywood top

It's 5' wide by 3' deep and 4' tall

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...Picture003.jpg
Old December 23, 2007, 02:47 AM   #252
TexasSkyhawk
Internet SEAL

Here's the corner of my workshop I have for reloading. I'm pretty self-sufficient out there--fridge, air-conditioning, ceiling fan, telephone, FIOS cable TV, plumbing . . . and gun stuff.

Cleaning supplies, spotting scopes, spare hearing protection, reloading manuals, data sheets, notes, etc in this cabinet.

Loaded ammo, some holster and old tactical gear, powder, primers, etc in this cabinet (which stays locked). It's a little barren for my taste; I need to dedicate a weekend to nothing but reloading.

And a shot of the reloading bench.

Jeff
Old December 29, 2007, 03:54 AM   #253
Nom de Guerre

I'm new to reloading, and while setting up my reloading bench, I found this thread to be invaluable. I got some great ideas from all the setups people have shown. Thanks for a great thread, and a great site.

I just completed my shelving today, and resized/deprimed my first 100 cases of .308!

Here's my humble start (it's a work in progress)...

Old December 29, 2007, 08:38 AM   #254
VonFatman

Nom de Guerre,
And a very hearty WELCOME to The High Road!

Your set up is great...well organized and clean. Looks to be very sturdy too.
If you paint the walls white (or add white pegboard) you will get more light for the same $$.

I see you have wonderful taste in gun safes!! I've never looked back when I bought mine!

enjoy your new hobby and remember...there are NO dumb questions.

Bob
Old December 29, 2007, 08:53 AM   #255
davidjblythe

Old December 29, 2007, 09:33 AM   #256
Geno

Kevin108:

That was the same type reloading kit I started out using. Truth be told, it also was the best I ever had. That simple reload kit worked better, produced better accuracy, even than my custom-made dies. Sure, my Lee and RCBS reloaders let me makes more rounds, but more wasn't better. Kudos.

Doc2005

Guns are good;
Guns are great;
Please Lord help those who us hate.
Give us this day our daily lead,
and hunting land we’ll call a spread.
If I should die here on this day,
I pray for guns in Heaven with which to play.

Amen,

Doc2005
02-Nov-2006
Old December 29, 2007, 09:45 AM   #257
Primersinmyshoe

Nom de Guerre, that bench looks familiar. I built the same one for my case tumblers and am about to build another for a workbench. I got the plans from http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/w...below20xl.html. You did good.

Old December 29, 2007, 10:27 AM   #258
Nom de Guerre

VonFatman, thank you very much for the welcome. I have to say that I love my safe too.

Primersinmyshoe, thank you as well. I noticed that your bench for tumbling is the same design, in your post earlier in this thread. BTW, that's an incredible reloading room you've built for yourself. Very nice job!

I built my bench a couple of years ago to be a general purpose workshop bench. I lived in a different house then, and had a specific space to fit a bench, so I customized the size a bit (24"x39"). I looked up the plans on-line when I built it, and I think that was the exact site I referenced. They have great detailed instructions and step by step photographs! I know that I looked at a lot of different designs before I chose that one.

I just put a new Melamine top on mine when I decided to re-purpose it as my reloading bench, and I built the shelving unit, basically from seeing things I liked in this thread and elsewhere. Now that I have more space than in my old house, I think I'll build another one like it to go next to it. That one will be for gun maintenance, etc.
Old January 1, 2008, 04:03 AM   #259
redmonster13

You guys really helped me out figuring out how I wanted to build my bench.
Old January 1, 2008, 04:49 AM   #260
flynlr

Quote:
redmonster13 said:.
You guys really helped me out figuring out how I wanted to build my bench
very neat and well laid out.
Old January 1, 2008, 12:32 PM   #261
<SLV>

The Reloading Dungeon

Here is my Reloading Dungeon. It is a partially dug out cellar under a hundred-year-old farmhouse. There is an 8'x8' area with crude cement on the floor which I share with the water heater. The ceiling is about 5' 6", so watch your head! It can be a little chilly in the winter, but it has wonderful benefits like a floor I can dump junk on without caring and a lack of windows for total isolation and focus. I don't have to be bothered by petty things like sunrise and sunset...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dungeon2.JPG (101.8 KB, 1325 views)
File Type: jpg dungeon1.JPG (86.7 KB, 782 views)
Old January 1, 2008, 05:35 PM   #262
artifex

Just Getting Started...
Old January 4, 2008, 10:56 PM   #263
nicadflyer

Here's my bench. Built to fit in my "office" so I can reload in the comfort of heat air air conditioning.
Hi-point 995
Llama 1911 .45 ACP
Star Model F .22
Llama .357 Mag
Savage Model 99 .22 Savage Hi Power
Old January 5, 2008, 08:52 AM   #264
KeithB

Artiflex, nice start

Nicadflyer, looks good
Old January 5, 2008, 02:05 PM   #265
LAH

Welcome to the board redmonster13.
Old January 5, 2008, 03:39 PM   #266
The Bushmaster

<SLV> Sure is a good thing about no windows...I would sure hate for someone to see that pink rifle stock...L O L

DEMOCRACY is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for lunch...
LIBERTY is a well armed sheep contesting the outcome of the vote...
Old January 5, 2008, 05:50 PM   #267
<SLV>

Hahahahahah! It's my daughter's 5th birthday present -- I stained it myself, and I'm not ashamed!
Old January 5, 2008, 06:38 PM   #268
KeithB

Nice work SLV
Old January 6, 2008, 01:33 PM   #269
mallc

Micro Reloading Station

I have a very small shop. A few years ago I started mounting bechtop tools to plates and clamping them a floor stand when needed. When not in use the tools are stored on shelves allowing use of vertical space.

When I started reloading, I built a press mount that can be clamped to a floor stand and then uses inter-changable mounting plates for various reloading tools. The only change I had to make to the floor stand was to reset the worksurface so that the forces excerted by press ops were inside the plane of the front legs of the stand.

The workstation is very stable and easily handles full length resizing of .308 which is the largest cartidge I've loaded so far.

The Word doc has the dimensions and assembly instructions if you are interested. The "Bay" photo is the docking station for tools not in use.

Scott

Last edited by mallc; June 1, 2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old January 6, 2008, 02:42 PM   #270
maspears

Here is another micro reloading station...I just started reloading, and am currently only reloading for .223
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reloading.jpg (70.3 KB, 577 views)
Old January 6, 2008, 05:40 PM   #271
RUDY850

New member here. So hello to everyone.

Here is a picture of my reloading room. Just about have it all done. Just getting back in to reloading with in the last year. forgot how much fun reloading can be. I don't know it all so I'm sure I will have questions to ask

Old January 6, 2008, 09:41 PM   #272
hotwheelz

RUDY850,

Nice set up looks really organized, do you have any free time to come over to my place and do some clean up. Welcome to THR
Old January 7, 2008, 04:03 PM   #273
jmacres

Here's my reloading Bench 10mm G20 Reloads

Old January 7, 2008, 07:54 PM   #274
AKCOP

I have had a wonderful tour of everyones loading bench. Went to bed yesterday feeling great knowing that so many out there are just as hooked as I am. Took a photo of my man space as my wife calls it and hopefully it will post. Thanks everyone for sharing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bench.jpg (163.1 KB, 955 views)
Old January 8, 2008, 12:47 AM   #275
winchester243

Here's a couple of pictures of my reloading bench after it was first set up. My folks remodeled their kitchen and I salvaged some of the cabinets and a counter top. I have another bench I can spread out on as well, which is where I usually reload my shotshells.

I plan on adding some casting equipment this spring when it warms up a bit.