Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 120 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 22, 2013, 04:01 PM   #2976
Havok7416
Contributing Member

I finally got mine squared away enough to take pictures of after two moves and a lot of reorganizing. The big Flat Rate box on the right side of the bench is full of .308 brass getting ready to be fed through the press in the next few days. Most of the powder cans on the left will also disappear.

We’ve lost engine #1... and engine #2 is no longer on fire!
Old April 24, 2013, 08:23 PM   #2977
Triumph

It's not much but all the space I have in the office. I have most of the brass cleaning, trimming & case prep in the garage.

I built the shelves with shelf pin holes so they are all adjustable.

Still waiting on the 550B.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.2 KB, 1448 views)
Old April 24, 2013, 08:33 PM   #2978
peels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
It's not much but all the space I have in the office. I have most of the brass cleaning, trimming & case prep in the garage.

I built the shelves with shelf pin holes so they are all adjustable.

Still waiting on the 550B.
Nice clean build! Interesting way to make the table height adjustable. Did you clamp it down so that the table doesn't move or sway when using the press? How much sideways movement does that type of setup have?
Old April 24, 2013, 08:47 PM   #2979
jbrown_14105

my bench setup

GUys I hope these photos come through.
Bench for shotgun, rifle/pistol & casting of bullets for custom work.
Thanks for letting me post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bench far.jpg (94.2 KB, 358 views)
File Type: jpg BenchHeadon.jpg (109.5 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg Benchright.jpg (102.5 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg benchleft.jpg (93.7 KB, 296 views)
Old April 24, 2013, 08:59 PM   #2980
Triumph

Quote:
Nice clean build! Interesting way to make the table height adjustable. Did you clamp it down so that the table doesn't move or sway when using the press? How much sideways movement does that type of setup have?
It only looks adjustable. I played with the height before bolting it to the wall. There is a 2x4 lag bolted to the wall in back & on the right. The saw horse only supports the weight on the front left corner. The press is not bolted yet. I haven't decided where to put it. I will have the CoAx and Dillon on an interchangeable mounts so I can use the same location for both. I'll probably mount on the far right where the bench is most stable.

The table top is a 1 1/4 beach chopping block table top I got at IKEA for 1/2 price. The table top is sandwiched between the 2x4 that I lagged to the wall and the weight of the bookshelves.
Old April 24, 2013, 10:19 PM   #2981
dsm

Looks like you have a very nice start. About the only suggestion I have is to build a 2x4 frame under your table top and save those nice saw horses for other handy work.
Old April 24, 2013, 10:35 PM   #2982
Triumph

Quote:
dsm Looks like you have a very nice start. About the only suggestion I have is to build a 2x4 frame under your table top and save those nice saw horses for other handy work.
I think that is what I will do. I don't need the leg room as the set up is for barstool or standing.

Thanks much.
Old April 28, 2013, 04:28 PM   #2983
S.billy

Finally got part of the bench up. Just need to get some guidance for a my friend then I'm ready to start
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (96.7 KB, 234 views)
Old April 28, 2013, 09:45 PM   #2984
LAH

Looks good Billy.
Old April 28, 2013, 09:59 PM   #2985
Piratesailor

Damn I wish our houses in south texas had basements.. I may need a bigger house. Lol.
Old April 28, 2013, 10:23 PM   #2986
balderclev

You guys are sick! How do you keep them so clean? Do you really reload or just set up for the pictures
Old April 29, 2013, 12:54 AM   #2987
LouisianaJoe

Always take the picture before you actually use the reloading area. It will be the cleanest that it will ever be unless you are extremely anal.

I actually took the photos after I moved all of the crap out of sight!
Old April 29, 2013, 01:29 PM   #2988
Cosmoline

Quote:
Finally got part of the bench up. Just need to get some guidance for a my friend then I'm ready to start
Looks like a good start! I'm assuming you'll be getting more legs on there. From my own experience I'd suggest cross-pieces to stabilize it horizontally. A lot of the stress from loading actions is back-and-forth not just up-and-down. Also it seems to help if you have a lower shelf--even just 2x4's--with some weight on them to stabilize the bench.
Old May 1, 2013, 12:55 PM   #2989
Motownfire

Good looking setup Triumph. My workbench that I load on is only a foot or two longer than that & it's always been more than enough room.
Old May 5, 2013, 09:29 AM   #2990
WVHunter129

Here is a picture of my little spot in my mobile home. Not a fancy and as nice as some of the others that I have seen here, but it gets the job done. As can be seen I am a LEE fan.
Old May 5, 2013, 02:33 PM   #2991
LAH

That's the main thing............gett-r-done.
Old May 5, 2013, 07:18 PM   #2992
ksimons

You have made very good use of your space.
Old May 5, 2013, 07:28 PM   #2993
Jaxondog

Nothing wrong with Lee. You got a lot of stuff there.
Old May 5, 2013, 07:37 PM   #2994
GLShooter

That looks like enough room to let you load some good ammunition.

Greg
Old May 11, 2013, 04:12 AM   #2995
Reefinmike

I just bought my first house and took the liberty to make my bench more permanent. I took apart my 8'x2' bench and made a corner bench in a spare room. lots of measuring using a bit of that trig stuff I learned in highschool, The bench comes out 51" from the corner, front face of the bench measures 72". Very solid bench with 12 screws in six studs and a 3/4" ply top. scrapping the old bench allowed for a couple nice shelves to hold components, empty casings, ammo trays, scale, puller calipers, powder, primers etc etc etc.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (162.2 KB, 243 views)
Old May 11, 2013, 08:44 AM   #2996
Walkalong

You used Trigonometry to build a loading bench? I'm impressed. I just used a tape measure.

Looks good WVHunter129.

"Oh bother" said Pooh, as he chambered another round. Author unknown.
Old May 11, 2013, 09:11 AM   #2997
dirtykid

bench.jpg

Wow, some day I will have my own space, but for now I am limited to a corner of an extra bedroom, with 42" of countertop,
Its cozy and pretty quiet,but one has to be very space-efficent
I only keep dies,supplies on top of bench that I am currently loading,
The rest of bulk brass,bullets and powders are crammed unto shelves under the bench,and all of the cleaning needs to be handled in the garage.
Maybe in a few more years,when kids get on their own,I will take-over one of their old rooms and make it into a man-cave, but for now this will do
Old May 11, 2013, 07:58 PM   #2998
Magnum Shooter

dirtykid, you have done a great job of getting a lot of stuff in that small space. You got to do what you got to do.

MS
Old May 11, 2013, 08:16 PM   #2999
ironhat

Very resourceful use of space, dirtykid. BTW, living in MN, don't you have a basement that you could carve off a little spot, heat it and have a bit of a man-cave - reloading room?
Old May 23, 2013, 12:55 AM   #3000
flipajig

Not fancy but it works for me. Powder and primers are stored down stairs in the basement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.6 KB, 144 views)