Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 132 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old January 13, 2014, 11:42 AM   #3276
Paddy

V2.0
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (93.0 KB, 366 views)
Old January 13, 2014, 11:45 AM   #3277
GLShooter

That looks like a pretty decent set up. It will evolve over time.

Greg
Old January 13, 2014, 01:52 PM   #3278
K-Rod

My humble "Get Away from Wife" table
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20131127_184008.jpg (97.4 KB, 437 views)
Old January 13, 2014, 02:01 PM   #3279
GLShooter

I like the multisided bench. I make do with a 12 and a 6 footer for my nine presses.

Greg
Old January 27, 2014, 06:41 PM   #3280
Winchester 70

I got out of reloading for a while and just got back into it. I was reloading some .380 today and stopped to snap a pic.......

Some of you guys have some Great Setups!!!!
Old January 27, 2014, 07:17 PM   #3281
LSMS

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21390868142.166555.jpg

After loading up a small batch of 9mm Luger
Old January 27, 2014, 07:24 PM   #3282
LRShooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken_line View Post

Same setup as me! LOL. Right next to the bed pretty much with only minimum reloading supplies. Neat.
Old January 27, 2014, 07:32 PM   #3283
Rangemaster

Now that is what I call taking your work to sleep with you.
Old January 27, 2014, 08:43 PM   #3284
LSMS

That's a nice set up! Mine is cleaned up and organized better now but that's the only pic I had.
Old January 27, 2014, 09:52 PM   #3285
Winchester 70

LSMS - Nice Press!!!

Broken_Line - That is a really nice Bench!

Last edited by Winchester 70; January 27, 2014 at 10:09 PM.
Old January 29, 2014, 05:55 AM   #3286
carbuncle

For a chair I use the Harbor Freight shop/bar stool with the silly flames on it. It works for my setup.
Old January 30, 2014, 12:21 AM   #3287
heycods

NO way I will post my wreck! I load for all gauges shot shells , cast bullets, reload pistol and rifle, it and all my fishing gear is in a 8x10' portable building, it is a total remodel when going from shot gun to rifle loading , casting is another bench setup change. Its my man cave but it sure is cramped.
Old February 3, 2014, 11:13 PM   #3288
Ronno

Well I need even MORE room now... If you look at my last post with photo, post number #3164 and 65 ,66 etc...

I have 13 presses now but have a RCBS grand and Dillon 650 coming... Folks, reloading is an addiction not a hobby!!!
Old February 8, 2014, 10:55 PM   #3289
wlkjr

I've been working on a new bench all day. It's going to be on locking wheels with sliding doors on front and back. Should have some pictures next week. It's been mounted on my woodworking table but I'm tired of moving it every time I do a woodworking project.
Old February 9, 2014, 09:36 AM   #3290
VonFatman

Ronno,
Wow, and I thought I "had it bad"!! With three presses, I'm not even in your league!
However, I must admit, I do have a "few" quick-changes for my 650 that indicates I too have the "bug"

Bob
Old February 9, 2014, 01:40 PM   #3291
Winchester 70

I moved my bench to another location in the house as I was running out of room in the room it was in. Here it is in it's new Location.

This old entertainment center was going to be thrown out so I figured I put it to use:

And this is the gun cleaning area which will become the new reloading bench area once I get my woodshop clear of projects so I can build an appropriate bench for reloading.

The bench I am using now for reloading will become the gun cleaning bench when the new relaoding bench is completed.
Old February 9, 2014, 06:04 PM   #3292
skywalkrNCSU

Got a new bench the other day, a Gladiator workbench, bought it from Amazon and they shipped it for free (hard to beat that). Only problem is it looks so nice I didn't want to drill into it so I am just mounting my press to a piece of wood and clamping that to the bench and it seems plenty stable plus I can move things around easily. Now I just need to get another press to complement the single stage...

Old February 9, 2014, 06:49 PM   #3293
Winchester 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalkrNCSU View Post
Got a new bench the other day, a Gladiator workbench, bought it from Amazon and they shipped it for free (hard to beat that). Only problem is it looks so nice I didn't want to drill into it so I am just mounting my press to a piece of wood and clamping that to the bench and it seems plenty stable plus I can move things around easily. Now I just need to get another press to complement the single stage...

Nice bench! How do you like your Chargemaster?
Old February 9, 2014, 06:55 PM   #3294
skywalkrNCSU

Quote:
Nice bench! How do you like your Chargemaster?
I like it a lot for precision loads, it is really slow for bulk stuff that I just plan on plinking with but that is where my next future press is coming in.
Old February 9, 2014, 11:18 PM   #3295
Ronno

I have 3 for the 550 but I will need some for the 650 once it is set up. I need to build yet another bench and redo the room... It's a hobby I LOVE that has grown into so much more. I spend hours there reloading, I try to reload 5 out of 7 days a week using different machines each time so I end up stocking everything instead of just a few.

But to me this is all part of the entire shooting experience. And I love it, I truly don't understand the people that say I can load for about an hour or so and I am DONE with it for a few days... That just is not in my blood I guess.

Think this is bad you should see my fishing equipment! I have a had time finding everything, so my wife says if you can't find it all you have too much and NEED to get rid of something... I tell her, "Well I will miss you dear" that does it, she won't say anything about my gear for a while!
Old February 11, 2014, 03:52 PM   #3296
wlkjr

I finally got around to building my reloading bench. It has been mounted to my woodworking table. I decided to make it mobile so I can move it around and made it to open on both sides to make it easier to access the contents. I made sliding doors to keep dust from the rest of the shop from getting inside. The wheels are locking and rated to 200 lbs. each. The top is 3/4" plywood with another 1/4" piece of smooth plywood glued to it. Got a piece of Formica from the cabinet shop, which ironically is the same as in our house.
The top is 32"x65" long x 36.5" high. My original plan was 66" long but the scrap piece of Formica was only 65.5" long. All the edges are rounded over as are the corners. There is 1.25" overhang all the way around it. I used some old wormy popular for the face framing and cut slots for the 1/8" dry erase board for the doors. I may paint the sides and frame later. Not completely set up and not in it's final position in the shop. Seems to have room for everything I have.

Old February 11, 2014, 05:15 PM   #3297
Potatohead
Contributing Member

Awesome!
I use this rolling butcher block type thing alongside my bench that Im considering adding some shelves or drawers to..not sure I can pull it off though.

It also has a really neat accidental feature that I've found useful. The butcher block is about 15"x15" square with a drawer attached underneath. It has a small trough about an inch and a half from all the edges, it follows the edges and forms a square. This little trough has caught everything that tries to roll off the work surface. Dies, bullets, runaway primers. Everything. I will definitely be incorporating it into the next surface I build. Comes in very handy.
Old February 12, 2014, 08:02 PM   #3298
bob4

15 yrs ago I built a 10' x 10' feed/tack room for my wife. She gave up the horses 2 yrs ago so it's mine now.
The bench in progress. 24 deep x 80" long. Next is a shelf along the most of the length of the bench but was wondering how many use some peg board and what do you hang on it?
And yes that's a bait freezer next to the bench. Tarpon season now if you know where to look.
Old February 12, 2014, 08:21 PM   #3299
splattergun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob4 View Post

15 yrs ago I built a 10' x 10' feed/tack room for my wife. She gave up the horses 2 yrs ago so it's mine now.
The bench in progress. 24 deep x 80" long. Next is a shelf along the most of the length of the bench but was wondering how many use some peg board and what do you hang on it?
And yes that's a bait freezer next to the bench. Tarpon season now if you know where to look.
I mount my pegboard on 1x2 furring strips.

She gave up horses?

“Thieves for their robbery have authority,
When judges steal themselves.”
Measure f. Measure, ii. 2.
Old February 13, 2014, 02:13 AM   #3300
Paddy

V2.2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (94.4 KB, 138 views)