Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 18 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old February 24, 2008, 09:48 PM   #426
Quickdraw McGraw

Rollis R. Karvellis pics don't seem to be working. At least not for me!
Old February 25, 2008, 04:02 AM   #427
donttellthewife

I didn't want to drill holes in the top of the bench so I mounted a length of angle aluminium to the rear wall 1 1/2" off the deck. This holds the 2x8 that the press is mounted on at the rear. Another piece of angle on the front locks it to the front edge of the bench. Now I can move the presses whenever needed without messing up the bench work space with holes.

The white PVC pipe is my cheap central vac system that I use when running the power trimmer, the shop vac is in another room that I can turn on/off from the bench.

The pics are old and I have added more tooling but it's still the same bench.

Old February 25, 2008, 05:24 PM   #428
Rollis R. Karvellis

For some reason the photos for 466 wont upload, if a mod wants to delete this post there would be no hard feelings.
Old February 25, 2008, 06:52 PM   #429
KeithB

DontTell that is a nice setup
Old February 25, 2008, 11:56 PM   #430
mnw42

I haven't hacked out a place for a dedicated reloading bench yet, but it is coming soon! In the mean time this is my shooting/work bench...

Old February 26, 2008, 12:57 AM   #431
-terry

For all you guys who are jealous of some of the setups you see here, my setup will help you feel better. I load in a closet! The good news is that everything is within arm's reach. The bad news is everything is close enough to knock over.

Only difference is that I now have a Dillon 550B instead of the Lee Loadmaster.

Old March 7, 2008, 12:38 AM   #432
sig228

Smile First Reloading Session

Here's a photo of my bench before I put everything away. Just got done loading 50 rounds of 38sp. First time session. Wasted about 5 rounds due to bullet seating and crimp issues before I figured it out. Then loaded 50 rounds without a problem. I disabled the auto index. Just wanted to go slow. I need lots more stuff, all that will come in time. For right now, the Lee Classic Turret Press (purchased as a kit through Cabella's) will suffice.

The bench was built over the last few weekends. I'm a CPA, this is tax season, so I only got to work on the bench on Sundays. Took about 4 weekends to complete. I included a "work in progress" photo also. Overall, I'm very happy with the setup. I took the Craftsman stools back, the seats were crooked and couldn't be adjusted. All workbench supplies purchased at Home Depot. The hutch was the best deal. Got it for $25 from the Habitat Restore in Ft. Lauderdale. Scratch and dent entertainment center turned pegboard hutch.

The press was installed on a board that's secured to a bracket in the wall by a few removable pins. Got the idea from a post a few up. Just couldn't bring myself to drill holes in the new bench.

I know... wait till I get a few more presses, I'm sure there will holes all over.

Anyway, here's the bench:

Here's the in-process photo:

Old March 7, 2008, 09:44 AM   #433
ZeSpectre

Hey I have one of those "Gladiator" cabinets, aren't they great for storage! (Pain in the butt to assemble though).
Old March 8, 2008, 12:57 AM   #434
Corkster

Nice!
Old March 9, 2008, 02:53 PM   #435
Sommerled

Love this thread

I've enjoyed seeing everyone's ideas about reloading benches. Finally registered to post on this site and thought I'd share my gun-room and reloading benches. I've been reloading for about seven years.

The benches are made from scraps from building my house and cabinets. My other hobby is designing and building furniture.

Really enjoy this site. I've learned a tremendous amount, I really appreciate all your posts.

Old March 9, 2008, 03:06 PM   #436
KeithB

Sommerled , very nice setup
Old March 10, 2008, 01:55 AM   #437
Roccobro

Quote:
Sommerled , very nice setup
Agreed. And that last picture is beautiful. I'm jealous!

Justin
Old March 10, 2008, 09:50 AM   #438
VonFatman

Sommerled,
Great set up! AND...welcome to the Forum!!

Thanks for sharing.

Bob
Old March 10, 2008, 05:35 PM   #439
Dirtypacman

Impressive Sommerled.
Old March 10, 2008, 05:55 PM   #440
LAH

Quote:
Impressive Sommerled.
+1
Old March 10, 2008, 06:56 PM   #441
FullEffect1911

Welcome to THR Sommerled. Nice setup.
Old March 10, 2008, 07:20 PM   #442
JackOfAllTradesMasterAtNone

But does the miral have any wildlife in it? For dry fire practice in the gun room, I want to have something to aim at. Not a knot in a tree branch. I want to aim at the eye ball of a Bear or Kitty Cat.

Most impressive Sommerled. My wife would fall over dead if she ever found my gun room looking that kept up. She'd think I contracted some compulsive cleaning disorder or something and wonder why I didn't have the rest of the house looking that way.

My gun room looks used. Well used.

-Steve
Old March 10, 2008, 09:57 PM   #443
Sommerled

Thanks guys,

Wish I'd found this forum years ago. It would have saved me learning the hard way on not a few things.

I'm a Navy Vet with some time on Boomers and just like things tidy in small places. Since my kids and select friends use the equipment, keeping it neat sets a standard for them, nobody leaves until its clean! It sees about 8-9k rounds per year made. You should see my woodshop, people think I don't use it but i go through over a thousand board feet of wood a year making furniture. Us Scandinavians are a bit neurotic but we take pills for it.
Old March 10, 2008, 10:20 PM   #444
Sommerled

Your'e right Steve, perhaps I should get a picture of Bin Laden or Shurmer peeking out from behind a tree on that mural for dry fire practice.
Old March 11, 2008, 10:54 PM   #445
THe Dove

Cold

Sommerled

The winters are real cold in Minnesota..... Great work! I was stationed in Bemidji for a while so I'm speeking from experience.

The Dove
Old March 15, 2008, 11:34 AM   #446
John4me05

Old March 15, 2008, 06:33 PM   #447
Rollis R. Karvellis

Lets try again.The first are the old house and the three others are the new basment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !cid__Photo021.jpg (34.3 KB, 519 views)
File Type: jpg !cid__Photo026.jpg (35.0 KB, 480 views)
File Type: jpg !cid_Photo127.jpg (36.6 KB, 405 views)
File Type: jpg !cid_Photo124.jpg (39.4 KB, 629 views)
File Type: jpg prep bench.jpg (37.4 KB, 379 views)
Old March 15, 2008, 07:31 PM   #448
PecosRiverM

Looks like alot of powder..and some appears to have alittle age on it..
Old March 16, 2008, 10:05 AM   #449
Rollis R. Karvellis

Yes some is a little old, but Iíll burn it up in a new .308 that I, bought earlier this year, here are some pictures of the prep table I, built last week, and the new cases for the new Remington ( new to me anyway).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg !cid__Photo011.jpg (29.4 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg Prep tabel.jpg (36.6 KB, 532 views)
Old March 16, 2008, 04:09 PM   #450
Fly320s

I'm a little late to the party...