Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 20 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old April 8, 2008, 10:15 PM   #476
Quickdraw McGraw

Very nice!! I particularily like the box of WOOT!
Old April 9, 2008, 06:54 AM   #477
Snagglepuss

I saw the woot box too and wondering what kind of cool thing you got from them. Great site.
Old April 9, 2008, 10:25 AM   #478
isuace

LOL, I got a pair of see-through digital thermometers that stick to the outside of a window for like $10. Now that box holds my .223 range brass that I picked up last weekend.
Old April 9, 2008, 06:18 PM   #479
Snagglepuss

I saw those and was intrigued. How do they work?
Old April 13, 2008, 07:36 PM   #480
jemsec

To chrisx1,

you are truly the master.
Old April 19, 2008, 12:44 PM   #481
lgbloader

Very cool Idea for the L shaped bench, Isuace. To the left, your presses and the main work area for brass work and gun cleaning chores is all you could wish for. I originally wanted this for my bench but I didnt have enough space for the "L" style so I had to settle on a 10' long bench. I am not complaining but I still really like your configuration and am still trying to figure out how to maybe tweak my bench into the "L" and still have enough room for everything elso in my garage and the '61 VW Bus as well.

Have a good one.
Old April 19, 2008, 10:30 PM   #482
VonFatman

isuance,
Agree with lgbloader...love the L shape...you are going to find that handy as a shirt pocket!

Bob
Old April 20, 2008, 09:03 AM   #483
mallc

Doubled the size of my loading bench.

I took advantage of the rainy day to double the size of my reloading bench. It's now 12"D x 32"L x 10"H.

The base is a Sear's small tool stand and is suprisingly stable with the top and lower shelf insert bolted in place. The riser unit fits onto a vertical wire shelf when not in use...(seldom), so the tool stand can be used for other purposes. An earlier verson of the double station serves as a docking station for additional tools. I set up the single unit on the bottom shelf when Wife, Anne, helps reload.

Scott

Last edited by mallc; July 4, 2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old April 20, 2008, 01:10 PM   #484
freakshow10mm

MEC 600JR in 20ga, Rockchucker (I use it to form .256 Win Mag brass and swage bullets)

Dillon 550, Star bullet sizer, FFL on wall with tax license

Storage underneath

Star bullet sizer with Dillon 550 chute and bin to catch bullets. Bucket in place and the chute is a ramp for the bullets to hit and enter the bucket after slowing down a bit.

Old April 20, 2008, 02:48 PM   #485
rickomatic

A funny thing happened on the way to building a "home office".

It turned into a reloading room!!

Old April 20, 2008, 04:41 PM   #486
lgbloader

Rickomatic, I think your home office turned out just fine! I particularly like your office phone. Trimming cases on the drill press is pretty cool, however, I would still keep the tumbler in the garage and I always tumble outside of the garage door(with extension cord). Cool office, Man.
Old April 20, 2008, 09:46 PM   #487
deltaroc

Here is my corner of the house, actually it is a separate room in the garage. I am lucky to have a garage which is 35' x 35' with 14 foot tall ceilings, so I built a room up in the air so to speak. I share the "man cave" between reloading, guns and amateur radio. Here are some pics. The countertops were once installed in my kitchen, lucky I saved them......packrat. Since my garage was already heated, I tapped into the hot water lines and installed 8 feet of fin tube and put an a/c in the window, comfortable all year round.

Bersa Thunder CC, Llama .22 autoloader mini 1911
Old April 20, 2008, 10:45 PM   #488
rickomatic

Quote:
I would still keep the tumbler in the garage and I always tumble outside of the garage door(with extension cord).
I hear ya, lgbloader. I thought about that too. Then I had another thought. I get regular blood tests for chlorestoral and thought maybe next time I'd have them throw in a heavy metal test just for you know....science sake.
I am not yet a real high volume reloader, and already cleaned all my brass in a different unfinished basement bathroom with an exhaust fan. I just recently put the tumbler in the "office". Would it be worth the effort, or even safe to keep it there for a while and check out the blood levels, or is that playing with fire?
I suppose I'd need a baseline first to see if there were changes.
Hey...what the heck am I asking you guys for?.....you're not doctors!!! LOL
Old April 20, 2008, 10:51 PM   #489
lgbloader

Deltaroc, is that an ole RCBS 510 powder scale I see on your bench?? Dude, your old school!!! I have one too!!! It's my go to scale even though I have a RCBS Chargemaster combo. By the way, I love the old Coors cans!
Old April 20, 2008, 11:02 PM   #490
lgbloader

Rickomatic, all I know is that when it comes to high levels of lead, tumblers are usually the culprit, so when I see a tumbler in somebody's house, it kinda scares me for them...and their family. Again, only my opinion, Mate.
Old April 20, 2008, 11:07 PM   #491
freakshow10mm

Mine is in the garage.
Old April 21, 2008, 12:11 AM   #492
Dksimon

wow guys! these all look great and make me want to start reloading. I have been stockpiling spent brass but I dont have the room or the $ to start reloading. Hopefully in the next few years I will be able to start and because of this thread I will definitely have some help designing mine. Thanks everybody!
Old April 21, 2008, 01:31 AM   #493
freakshow10mm

That's silly talk. You need to start RIGHT NOW. Kempf's gunshop has a Lee Classic Turret press kit. Get the powder measure upgrade and auto prime kit. It will run you $200 shipped, tops. Then get a manual or two for another $30. Add components and start saving. You will pay off the equipment in 500-600 handloads.

Prices ain't getting better. They will just keep going up.
Old April 21, 2008, 02:10 AM   #494
Roccobro

Ditto what FS10mm says. Start out with some brass processing stuff and slowly work into it. Really isn't ROCKET science, jsut regular science.

BTW, Thanks again FS10mm for the email about the Ruger info.
Welcome to THR!

Justin
Old April 21, 2008, 02:17 AM   #495
tomh1426

Hey Deltaroc where did you get that gun rack?
I wanted to buy or build somthing exactly like that for my long guns.
Old April 21, 2008, 06:23 AM   #496
deltaroc

Hey lgbloader, Yes on the 5-10 rcbs scale, it works great and is extremely accurate. I have had the beer cans since I was a kid in my teens, they have been stored in a black garbage bad for almost 30 years, when I built the room I set them up....my wife of 20 years had never seen them.

TomH, I built the gun rack from some spare lumber I had laying around, I only wish I had put the the two pieces closer to one another as the M1 Carbine doesnt fit to well.

Delta
Bersa Thunder CC, Llama .22 autoloader mini 1911
Old April 21, 2008, 09:22 AM   #497
jakemick

Finnally dived in

Well after lurking on this forum and a couple others I finally took the plunge and ordered some reloading equipment. I didnt buy everything or the most expensive, but I did spend the money where i felt it would pay off over the long haul. My biggest splurge was I did purchase the RCBS Chargemaster combo. Other then that its the Rockchucker Supreme kit w/ a few additionals. Im only reloading rifle... for now... (I can hear you all chuckling now).

The bench is VERY rugged 2x6 constuction (except the lower shelf). The top is 2 layers of 3/4" avandtech that has been glued down to the frame and to each other, it also has a 2x6 lip under the plywood where press is mounted. The braces under the plywood are 2x6 that are 1 foot on center and the whole frame is cement screwed to the concrete wall. I got up on it and jumped up an down even on the lip... NO movment... i weight 220lbs :P

Ok guess thats about it... ill post some pictures share now... Oh there are a couple things missing from these pictures before i get in trouble... there is now a pair of saftey glasses haning off the shelves and there is a fire extinquisher just 10 feet behind the bench.

Thanks everyone for all the advice and ideas. You guys really make it alot easier to get started and avoid costly mistakes when getting started.

~jake
Old April 21, 2008, 07:21 PM   #498
LAH

Looks like something I'd build Jake.........Creeker
Old April 21, 2008, 08:07 PM   #499
swiss7.5

Just a converted computer table. But i made it my home........

Old April 21, 2008, 08:28 PM   #500
lgbloader

looking good, Jakemick and 7.5 Swiss