Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 24 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old July 5, 2008, 11:46 PM   #576
fireflyfather

Love the rolltop. Not so big on the coffee cup right next to the tumbler. That's a good way to get elevated lead levels.

--Jwarren
Old July 6, 2008, 12:13 AM   #577
M47 Dragon

Quote:
Not so big on the coffee cup right next to the tumbler. That's a good way to get elevated lead levels.
Thanks for the heads-up! Didn't even think of that... luckily the tumbler has not been used yet, and when it is used, I am moving it to the floor.

That coffee was made late last night to keep me up and working on the bench... already had elevated lead levels!
Old July 6, 2008, 12:42 AM   #578
yesit'sloaded

Not really able to go run take a picture so I'll just give the details of my setup. It is located in a workshop attached to the house but only accessible from outside. RCBS single stage rifle press, Ohaus balance scale, and two Savage 630 shotgun manual turret presses (one setup for 20, one setup for 12). Throw in assorted powder bottles, calipers, shot bags, bullet boxes, boxes of shell casings and shotgun hulls, and primer cases. Currently reloading for .308, 30-06, .243, 38sp, 20 gauge, and 12 gauge. Not to mention the lead ingots stashed in the corner for possible future trade/barter.

http://ConcealedCampus.org
Old July 6, 2008, 04:04 AM   #579
pzember

Hello. M47 Dragon!
Ready for Western Ammo reloading!
Old July 6, 2008, 08:23 PM   #580
fireflyfather

Dragon, personally I don't tumble at all, because 1. I don't care about shiny brass, and 2. I don't need the extra lead intake. That said, if I was going to tumble, I'd do it outside, or at least use fans and vacuum frequently. If it's unused, however, it's probably perfectly safe next to your coffee.

Anyway, have to say I REALLY like the re-purposed roll-top. Once you pull down the top, it conveniently disguises your reloading setup.

--Jwarren
Old July 6, 2008, 10:21 PM   #581
benzuncle

Man, There's a Pile of Reloadin' Goin' on in the U.S.

I just waded through 25 pages of pix and comments. I am SO impressed. There's one helluva lotsa people reloading!
Now, for my Man Cave. I've "squattered" in one corner of the Warden's sewing room. It's a good arrangement for me; she's content, having the whole rest of the room. I do my tumbling in the utility room. The bucket on the top shelf holds my Thumler Tumbler, media and cheapass electric timer.
The bench measures 48.5in wide x 19in deep x 6ft tall. I got it at COSTCO for $75 and the light at Home Depot for something like $26.

The yogurt containers each hold 100-230gr 45ACP bullets. My mags are behind the light.

Old July 7, 2008, 10:26 AM   #582
308sc

Im 15 (I bought everything you see)

but I would say this is a good start:

Old July 7, 2008, 07:19 PM   #583
M47 Dragon

Thanks for all the nice comments on my Roll-Top Reloading Station!

308sc - good on you for getting all that stuff yourself!

I am new to reloading, but everything I've read says that primers and powder should be stored with some distance between them. Other than that, your setup looks great!
Old July 7, 2008, 07:21 PM   #584
M47 Dragon

benzuncle - really love that setup! Especially the "German" sign. LOL!
Old July 26, 2008, 10:24 PM   #585
RM

Time to bring back this thread! Here's my bench, just finished with Finley 2x4 Basics, puchased on Amazon.

Old July 26, 2008, 11:55 PM   #586
BullsEye10x

The new improved version. Moved from an old table in the garage to something a little more comfortable and with better storage.

Old July 27, 2008, 11:31 AM   #587
Roccobro

Beautiful bench RM. Looks like an ideal location too.

Justin
Old July 27, 2008, 01:42 PM   #588
Win52D

Here is my shop. I started setting it up a few months ago. Plans are to replace the wall shelves with built in shelves. That should utilize the space a little better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1528.JPG (598.8 KB, 901 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1529.JPG (621.2 KB, 585 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1527.JPG (602.0 KB, 440 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1530.JPG (628.6 KB, 685 views)
Old July 27, 2008, 02:44 PM   #589
lgbloader

Win52D,

I like it, I like it alot. Redding Competition bullet seater, two great single single stage presses, 550b (my favorite little progressive), more than a couple of books, and finally, the best new idea for my cave... a portable, fold away table.

This solution was so obvious that I missed it. Thanks for posting, Mate.

Cheers.
Old July 27, 2008, 03:59 PM   #590
Win52D

your welcome lgbloader, glad there was something there for you....stay tuned for the update in a few weeks. The folding table will be replaced with a large piece of plywood. It will be hinged at the bench with a post and socket arrangement for the leg. When not in use the leg will come out and the table will fold down. The built in shelves may have to wait til November. BTW...the single stage presses are all mounted on a 2"x8" board...4 bolts and it comes off and exposes the holes to mount the Dillon.
Old July 27, 2008, 05:31 PM   #591
Roccobro

Quote:
stay tuned for the update in a few weeks. The folding table will be replaced with a large piece of plywood. It will be hinged at the bench with a post and socket arrangement for the leg. When not in use the leg will come out and the table will fold down.
Kinda like my next project. I plan on hinging a piece of plywood onto the overhead cabinets to cover the whole bench when not being used. I'm hoping it will cut down on the dust that my table top stuff collects (I live in a VERY dust location) and keep my hobby from prying eyes and/or the little fingers that live in the house.

Justin
Old July 27, 2008, 05:37 PM   #592
lgbloader

Roccobro,

I know what you mean about dusty in that neck of the woods. We live in Long Beach (LGB) but we also have property in Norco and that area is basically a dust fest.

Good luck with the project, Mate.

Cheers...
Old July 27, 2008, 07:52 PM   #593
xring44

Here's a couple of shots of my loading room

Old July 27, 2008, 11:20 PM   #594
VonFatman

xring44,
NICE set up! I like it! I really like the view outside. Don't get distracted now!

Bob
Old July 27, 2008, 11:25 PM   #595
lgbloader

Xring,
I like the room as well, but for the sake of saving a fellow shooter and a very nice and well stocked Cave, Please do not smoke in your reloading room.

Cheers...
Old July 28, 2008, 07:16 AM   #596
LAH

Xring44, in the 3rd picture, upon what is the Lee press sitting?
Old July 28, 2008, 11:37 AM   #597
xring44

I built that, its two pieces of 6" channel fitted to form a box, the angles were to allow clearance, for the ram stroke, inside is a small plastic box that catches the spent primers.

I built the bench also as a island affair, it permits working all the way around it, consolidates alot of equipment in a smaller area.

note: Notice the two XL650s and one case feeder, I shorted the cord and arranged the female (hot) plug on each machine in order to pull the plug on one machine, loosen one screw and transfer the same case feeder to either machine. I keep one set up for large primer cases, the other for small, less down time changing by not having to change out the primer seater. That and old age makes getting down on the floor and craining my old stiff neck upwards to see to do the job.

Thanks for the interest!

Last edited by xring44; July 28, 2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old August 2, 2008, 12:14 PM   #598
Afy

Here is my temporary setup:

Main area:

Powder Area:
Old August 7, 2008, 10:53 AM   #599
RexDart

Afy, those curtains are just *darling*.
Old August 7, 2008, 12:58 PM   #600
Mr White

If I had curtains like that, I'd be tempted to load one round with my name on it.