Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 28 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old September 18, 2008, 01:41 PM   #676
HisSoldier

After many years I just started reloading about a month ago. Reason? Not economics, but fear of liberals deciding how I will live my life. If osama cuts our ammo supplies, our gun supplies, our lead supplies, etc etc etc, to "help" us, I want to retain some bit of control over my life.
The small Jr. press is for bullet pulling, the RCBS Pro2000 is a very productive progressive.
When osama wants ammo for his SS black booted thugs he will have entire factories at his disposal!
Now I hear libs are trying to remove lead styphnate primers and replacing them with low shelf life primers, "for the children". Gosh, any possible ulterior motive in that?
Old September 18, 2008, 02:35 PM   #677
lordgroom

HisSoldier- Nice setup. Very tidy! I also have the RCBS pro2000 and I love it. I made a minor upgrade to the primer catch tube and spent primer cup. The tube fell out frequently causing me to overtighten the screw. This deformed the spent primer tube. I eventually cut the spent primer tube below the first bend and attach clear tubing from Home Depot. The tubing slides on for a snug fit. I now have a Fiber laxative container on the floor to catch all the spent primers and it is very easy to slide the tubing off the spent primer tube when I move my press.

And now come the jokes about fiber laxative.
Old September 18, 2008, 03:25 PM   #678
VonFatman

HisSoldier,
Very neat and organized bench.

I like it!!

Bob
Old September 18, 2008, 06:03 PM   #679
ir3e971

Here is my area.

In the process of reloading.

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010059 reduced.jpg (162.5 KB, 2682 views)
Old September 18, 2008, 06:09 PM   #680
DEDON45

I guess I need to get a digital camera and post mine... HisSoldier, how's that RCBS Progressive working out for you, looks like a solid piece of equipment (I use a Hornady LnL myself, but I do use RCBS Rifle Dies)...
Old September 18, 2008, 06:57 PM   #681
floydster

Thanks for posting your photo's guys.
It sure is fun to see how other reloaders are set up, it is great to get ideas from other folks-what a great hobby.
Floydster
Old September 18, 2008, 08:57 PM   #682
HisSoldier

DEDON45, I love the RCBS Pro2000, very fast, but then I'm used to setting up automatic equipment for production, the learning curve wasn't too bad. The learning curve was why I got the (used) RCBS Jr. press to remove bad loads, took a while to figure out the pitfalls. The APS primer system took a while to figure out, I was missing the first primer in the strip for a while, and still have a few that get in a bit sideways. I set the loaded rounds in a tray primer up to spot them.

I recently found that 5.0 grains of Unique falls more consitently than 5.5 grains. I don't know why, and I mean a LOT more consistently.

Now, how long before we need to figure out how to make our own lead styphnate primers?
Old September 22, 2008, 10:59 PM   #683
Der Verge

Ok, I finally got a pic. What you do not see here is the full size dresser off to the left, that houses all of my supplies (powder, primers, bullets, tools, not often used dies, etc....)

Screw China, Walmart, Sam's, and ALL the products made/sold there. Wake up people, the world runs on money. If you keep sending it all to China, how will you finance the defence of the 2nd ammendment?
Old September 22, 2008, 11:28 PM   #684
VonFatman

Der Verge,
Now THAT is a sturdy looking bench!

Bob
Old September 23, 2008, 06:27 PM   #685
Der Verge

It is made of 2"X2"X1/8" angle, 3/4" ply, and anchored with 3/8" drop in anchors. I could have made it much stronger.....
Screw China, Walmart, Sam's, and ALL the products made/sold there. Wake up people, the world runs on money. If you keep sending it all to China, how will you finance the defence of the 2nd ammendment?
Old September 24, 2008, 11:44 PM   #686
LWSENIOR

Hi guys,
I am fairly new to reloading and am in the process of modifying a workbech to use for reloading. I checked here to get some ideas. They are some great looking set-ups. Hope you don't mind if I have some questions about reloading.

LW
Old September 25, 2008, 05:53 PM   #687
VonFatman

LWSenior,
Welcome to the Forum!!!

Ask away...lots of bright people here who are always happy to help.

Bob
Old September 25, 2008, 06:18 PM   #688
cubancigar2000

My new bench from Costco

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...P9250004-1.jpg

Old September 25, 2008, 06:44 PM   #689
LAH

Nice Costco bench........Creeker
Old September 25, 2008, 06:55 PM   #690
cubancigar2000

$199 and it is 8ft longand built like a tank
Old September 25, 2008, 10:08 PM   #691
WNTFW

took me a few seconds to figure out that is a home made wad dipenser.
Old September 26, 2008, 11:54 PM   #692
GSDFAN

Thumbs up Thanks for all the great posts!

After many, many months of reading this thread I decided to start reloading. There are so many good ideas and great examples of benches here. Some are quite elaborate and detailed while others show how a small work space or limited working capital doesn't stand in the way of someones imagination.

My little reloading bench is only about five feet long. But this allows me to keep it in the basement rather than the garage which is important in the winter! At this time I just reload for my .45's but plan to move into .223 this winter.

Thanks to everyone who has posted in this thread for motivating others to try reloading their own ammo!

Old September 27, 2008, 04:41 PM   #693
realtordoug

deleted

Last edited by realtordoug; September 27, 2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old September 27, 2008, 06:00 PM   #694
Oldcoyote

Cuban

Sam's Club has a similar bench. NIce.
Old September 28, 2008, 01:43 AM   #695
molonlabe1984

New Guy here...

As soon as I get back from BMT I'm welding up a tank of a bench and getting set up for .223 to start.

Some NICE benches on here, hard to believe this thread spans 2 years and still has current posts.
Old September 28, 2008, 08:35 AM   #696
realtordoug

Very humble, new reloading setup - am already addicted and it's only been a week! Reloading makes shooting modern guns as much fun as the old blackpowder!

Old September 28, 2008, 01:43 PM   #697
snuffy

Doug, that's a REAL nice looking set-up! Don't worry, it'll get messed up in short order.
Old September 28, 2008, 04:49 PM   #698
VonFatman

Doug,
Nice one!...yes, they do get messy in time...it's good to keep it organized.

GSDFAN,
Also...a nice bench!!

Bob

Bob
Old September 28, 2008, 04:53 PM   #699
THe Dove

GSDFAN, are you a lefty????

The Dove
Old September 28, 2008, 05:25 PM   #700
Otto

Man, I bet you hated drilling holes in that beautiful top...
I saw this bench at our Costco and they're nice but I didn't notice a lower shelf...did yours come with one?