Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 37 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 6, 2009, 05:01 PM   #901
Dean Williams

Quote:
pzember:
Mister chrisgo!

I think too many powder at one place , not secure...
Doesn't look like anything to worry about. Even small mom & pop sporting goods stores have two or three times that much on the shelf.
Old March 6, 2009, 05:59 PM   #902
Exposure

I participated in this thread a couple of years ago and my bench has had some changes, nothing radical, but I thought I could add an update.

My Lee 50 BMG reloading kit showed up and I got the press mounted today so I thought I would share some pics. Although after looking at the setups that have been posted since I was last involved I feel pretty inadequate!

Here is the Lee press and a bunch of 50 BMG brass ready to go. In the foreground is a .223 case to give some scale to these monster cases. Surprisingly they require little effort to resize as long as they are properly lubricated. I tried to resize one using Hornady One Shot. It wasn't happening! I used the Lee case lube that came with the kit and it was no trouble at all to run the ram up and down. It took about the same amount of effort as doing a .308 case! I am still waiting on powder, primers, and bullets to show up before I can make up live rounds. But at least I can resize the brass for now.

Elvis keeps an eye on things for me while I am away from the bench.

My Lee Classic Turret press now has about 12,000 rounds through it with only a single breakdown. The little plastic cam that drives the turret wore out. I bought 3 more so I should be good for many more years. Hopefully I will have a Dillon on the bench by the time I wear out the 3rd replacement cam!

Old March 6, 2009, 06:24 PM   #903
Canuc Shooter

Chrisgo Really nice set up and lots and lots of supplies.
Old March 6, 2009, 08:47 PM   #904
LAH

Nice space Exposure.
Old March 6, 2009, 09:09 PM   #905
ambidextrous1

Chrisgo, you have a couple of unusual attachments to the Dillon press in the photograph; they're Dillon Blue, but I know of no Dillon attachments that look like what I see.

Please tell us what you have there!
TFL Alumnus
Old March 6, 2009, 09:25 PM   #906
something vague

That looks like a full time job Chrisgo!
Old March 6, 2009, 10:36 PM   #907
lgbloader

Exposure,

I remember your bench pic. I think it had a M1 Garand in one as far as I can recollect. I have always like the cleaness of a long bench and when I saw yours, I went and built my new one. Looks great and you shouldn't feel inadequate at all. your bench is all the bench 75% (maybe more) of the handloaders out there need.

Cheers Mate.

LGB
Old March 6, 2009, 10:39 PM   #908
Dean Williams

Exposure;
Nice clean bench. Plenty of clear working area.

Elvis? Cool.
Old March 7, 2009, 10:30 AM   #909
Rollis R. Karvellis

This is my latest setup, it is an old Hornady Projector I have, it is setup for .41mag. I don't know if I'll keep it on this bench or make a new on for it and, for .44mag.
Old March 7, 2009, 06:14 PM   #910
SciFiJim

You've got quite a bit of the same kind of powder there Rollis. Get a super deal somewhere?
Old March 7, 2009, 09:10 PM   #911
Rollis R. Karvellis

$12.00 a pound at midway about 4 years ago bought 20 pounds.
Old March 8, 2009, 01:01 AM   #912
chrisgo

Quote:
Chrisgo, you have a couple of unusual attachments to the Dillon press in the photograph; they're Dillon Blue, but I know of no Dillon attachments that look like what I see.

Please tell us what you have there!
The items on the RL550 are Dillon aluminum bullet tray on the left and on the right is the loaded ammo tray and the optional case tray in front for the cases you are loading. They are made for the strong mount only. The mount for the Square Deal loader I made a few days ago. I am plant manager of a large production CNC machine shop, so I have access to a 4000 watt CNC Mitsubishi Laser. It sure comes in handy when I want to make anything up to 1 inch thick steel! Thanks to all for the comments, I have been collecting all those supplies over a period of 25 years. I have also had an FFL for that long, so I can acquire stuff a little cheaper than the average reloader.
Old March 8, 2009, 01:24 AM   #913
rondog

You guys make me sooooo jealous......
Old March 8, 2009, 06:34 PM   #914
Flglocker

Hi, I'm brand new to reloading. Knew when I decided to start IDPA that reloading would be in my future, just didn't expect that I would find the process so enjoyable. I've spent the last few months, reading, researching and gathering all the equipment. Now that I've finally finished my bench I was able to make my first few practice rounds last night as I got everything up and running. Unfortunately my local reloading shop is out of check weights so I need to get that squared away so I can verify my scales accuracy before I go any further. It seems the deeper I get into this the more questions I have, so I'm sure I'll be a fixture here with my newbie questions. LOL. I used various ideas from this thread to put my bench together and I think it will serve me well. Thanks to all on this subforum for the wonderful reloading information.

reloading bench.JPG

Last edited by Flglocker; March 8, 2009 at 07:12 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old March 9, 2009, 04:58 PM   #915
Gungle George

Hello THR,
I'm new here, sure is a great site. Here's my loading room.

George's Office 001.jpg
George's Office 002.jpg
George's Office 003.jpg
George's Office 006.jpg

Cheers,

Gungle George
Attached Images
File Type: jpg George's Office 011.jpg (527.1 KB, 497 views)
Old March 9, 2009, 05:10 PM   #916
LAH

Welcome to the board George, nice set up............Creeker
Old March 9, 2009, 05:29 PM   #917
Claude Clay

hi George---quite proper does your room appear. but i wonder: all that 'stuff' to feed one safe?? im guessing other goodies lurk close by.
Old March 9, 2009, 05:51 PM   #918
Afy

Geroge you win...

BTW what are those silver cases?
Old March 9, 2009, 05:51 PM   #919
dagger dog

Flglocker,

Like that bench, that is just about the size I need for my set up as it is upstairs and I don't want a full size .

You wouldn't happen to have a materials list on that there bench, ole buddy ole pal?
Old March 9, 2009, 06:50 PM   #920
Flglocker

Quote:
Flglocker,

Like that bench, that is just about the size I need for my set up as it is upstairs and I don't want a full size .

You wouldn't happen to have a materials list on that there bench, ole buddy ole pal?
I have a pretty small house, no shed or garage, so I sized my bench to fit behind the door to my bedroom. I mainly used the links in a few posts in this thread and merged them into this bench. Both include material lists. My bench is 22" deep, 42.5 " wide and 33" tall.

http://www.hammerzone.com/archives/w...h/below20.html
http://www.bghi.us/index.php?x=bench

I used an old oak top from a desk as the benchtop and shelf instead of the plywood. I bolted my press to a piece of 2x6 and used C clamps to attach to the benchtop.
Old March 9, 2009, 07:01 PM   #921
Dean Williams

Gungle George, nice set-up.
I see you're an old dirt rider too, with your Maco flag and Super Hunky book!
Old March 9, 2009, 09:35 PM   #922
SciFiJim

George,
Curiosity has the best of me. What do you keep in the mustard bottle?
Old March 9, 2009, 09:43 PM   #923
mhconfo

George,
That is one of the nicest man caves I have seen! Really great set up!

Take Care,
Mike
Old March 9, 2009, 09:45 PM   #924
mhconfo

George,
That is one of the nicest man caves I have seen! Really great set up!

Take Care,
Mike
Old March 9, 2009, 11:27 PM   #925
aerod1

George

What an A$$, and I am jealous!!
What an awesome man cave!
Recreational Reloader