Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 5 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old November 23, 2006, 12:48 PM   #101
hooks

My two reloading assistants included, I can't go to my reloading room without these two nosies coming with....
Old November 23, 2006, 03:52 PM   #102
LAH

Hey Sisco........love those golden primers...........Creeker
Old November 23, 2006, 04:41 PM   #103
Sisco

Quote:
LAH Hey Sisco........love those golden primers...........Creeker
You mean the Winchesters in the bins?
Old November 23, 2006, 04:51 PM   #104
LAH

Yes Sir. Like these:

Old November 23, 2006, 05:16 PM   #105
Sisco

Thought maybe there was something in the pictures I wasn't seeing!
I switched exclusively to Win primers after lightening the triggers on my Rugers. Got lots of light strikes with CCI's.
Old November 23, 2006, 06:32 PM   #106
LAH

I switched exclusively to Win primers

ME TOO
Old November 23, 2006, 07:25 PM   #107
PinnedAndRecessed

Hooks. Looks like you found my ex-wife. Why's she sitting on your bench? And whose her ugly friend?
Old November 23, 2006, 10:49 PM   #108
hooks

Bill Murray " So... she's a dog"....
Old November 24, 2006, 07:49 AM   #109
Duckbill

This is the primary bench. My gun bench is to the right and I have two big cabinets to the left.

Old January 19, 2007, 06:20 AM   #110
mmc45414

As others said make a strong bench. Everyone I make is stronger than the last one. The current one (too messy to photograph right now) is constructed with 2x6s in a vertical band with the back bolted to the basement wall. Then I ran 2x10s perpendicular to the wall to form the bench top. I jokingly referred to it as the Tornado Shelter, then I realized that really wasn't a joke, it would be the safest place in the house in a storm!
Old January 20, 2007, 02:29 AM   #111
GTKrockeTT

Old January 20, 2007, 11:27 AM   #112
chimera101

Nice clean setup GTKrockeTT. Where did you get the parts for that? Seems sturdy, is it? That might be just what I need.
Old January 20, 2007, 06:14 PM   #113
SLM

Nice pix all. Just what I needed. I'm looking to set up a bench and I'm stupid limited on free space with no spare rooms or basements.
Old January 20, 2007, 08:55 PM   #114
hornadylnl

Here is my bench that I put together with scrap wood I had in my barn. The table is bent with the same principle as the plans that have been shown on here. I wanted to do something much fancier but wanted to get the press up and running before I could save up enough to build a nice one.
Old January 20, 2007, 09:07 PM   #115
Liberty4Ever

Quote:
I'm stupid limited on free space with no spare rooms or basements.
I've added a lot of stuff to the vertical reloading bench since the last picture, so I thought another picture might be in order.

This picture was from a month ago and more stuff has been added since then, with another MidwayUSA.com order arriving the day after tomorrow. I'm finally reaching the point that I wish I had more room. I have a shot shell reloader I'd like to add. I guess I could replace the horizontal pieces to widen it another foot or so. Or maybe just bolt a table extension and shelves on the left side? It works surprisingly well, organizing an awful lot of stuff in a very small footprint.

The full text with excessive description is here:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaB...953;start=1#11

Old January 21, 2007, 12:32 AM   #116
GTKrockeTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimera101
Nice clean setup GTKrockeTT. Where did you get the parts for that? Seems sturdy, is it? That might be just what I need.
workbench kit was purchased here. you supply your own hardware, allowing you to build the bench without any specified size constraints. the sucker is definitely sturdy.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html...sin=B00030L1BY

[/QUOTE]
Old January 21, 2007, 01:29 PM   #117
suprmatch

I purchased the same set up as GTKrockeTT from amazon for about $60 shipped. It also included the extra shelfing!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Finley-2x4basi...0?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Last edited by suprmatch; January 21, 2007 at 02:29 PM.
Old January 21, 2007, 08:40 PM   #118
tomhorn

It makes me home sick when i see all yalls reloading benchs I will be home feb 4 (Ihope)I work for the us Goverment I have worked all over alaska west coast east coast and all in between been out for 3 years cant wait to sleep in my own bed , i have been reloading since 1980 or 81 and love it . I will be building a new reloading bench i saw it in rifle shooter , I have a bunch of extra reloading stuff A good friend split with his wife (she kicked us out of the barn )he borrowed 400.00 to move back to oklahoma and he left me all his reloading stuff (didnt ask him for anything ) now i own 6 presses scales ect will be selling it when i get home rcb , lyman, hornaday ,lee ,ect.with a bunch of bullets >
Old February 8, 2007, 08:28 PM   #119
SSN Vet

my humble abode......

Here it is.....I am actually "doin' it".....

Salvaged this old desk from work. It's pretty stable but I may add a verticle brace going from under the press to the floor.

Ergonomics are way off for my 6' frame. I like working while sitting down, but will need to put the whole desk up on blocks ~4".

Banged out a couple boxes of .38 special target loads last night and got a major crick in my neck.

If it gets above 10 degrees this weekend I may brave the elements and scoot on down to the range to pop off a box.

IMG_0681.JPG

Maine Constitution Article 1, Section 16. To keep and bear arms.
Every citizen has a right to keep and bear arms and this right shall never be questioned.
Old February 8, 2007, 10:56 PM   #120
Snagglepuss

Here's mine. I still need to add some shelves for set up die plates and misc. tools.

Old February 10, 2007, 10:01 PM   #121
jcjacobvt

Old shop area

This was at my old house, still organizing new setup.

workshop3.jpg

shop004.jpg

workshop1.jpg
Old February 11, 2007, 06:44 AM   #122
LAH

jcjacobvt.........You have 2 CH Auto Machines?..........Creeker
Old February 11, 2007, 09:01 AM   #123
jcjacobvt

Old shop area Dillon , RCBS, C&H

Yes , still have my first true progessive C&H machines. In their time, prior to a lot of other manufacturers I reloaded thousands of rounds of 9mm, 38/357, 44 mag, 45 acp, and 10mm with them. Once you understand a machine they are kinda hard to let go. I would leave one with a small primer setup, and the other with a large primer setup. I have also had Lee Pro1000's and LoadMaster units prior to Dillons Square Deals. My main machine now are the Dillon XL650 which has produced over 50k of reloads since new. I shoot a lot of pistol still. I should sell the C&H's which I have not used in over 10 years now.
Old February 11, 2007, 10:39 AM   #124
Helicoa

Slowly getting organize.

I had quit shooting and reloading for 20 years due traveling and job transfer. I sold all I had at the time. (Dillon 450 etc..., all my pistols, revolvers, shotguns and rifles).
Was I ever sorry. I lost a lot of money then.
Then last June, I deceide to get back at it again, I fist bought a 22cal Pardini SP for competition. Then a 2 months later I bought a H&K USP Tactical 45 ACP. plus 2 shot gun for geese and a rifle for deer.
Because of the 45 cal, I had to reload again and deceide to buy this Hornady LNL.

I'm verry happy with this machine. I would 't hesitate to do it again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0001a.jpg (251.2 KB, 2365 views)
Old February 11, 2007, 11:15 AM   #125
Primersinmyshoe

Helicoa,

That bench is great! Where can I get the plans for that?