Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 56 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old March 27, 2010, 04:37 PM   #1376
grubbylabs

I did some last minute organizing this morning and moved my safe down to the room and attached it to the wall. I don't have a cool metal locking cabinet but some day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0370.jpg (243.8 KB, 570 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0369.jpg (245.9 KB, 322 views)
Old March 27, 2010, 05:32 PM   #1377
G36Rick

Here's my new set up.I used the 2x4 Basics kit for the frame and shelves.3/4" Oak plywood for the top and lower shelves.Minwax Gunstock wood stain with four coats of Minwax Poly.Still have to tack on the trim on the shelves.Painted all the wood with Glidden Porch and Stair paint, one coat does the trick. I am building two other benches with the same kit,one dedicated to gunsmith work and the other for general woodworking/garage tinkering. You guys certainly have some really nice set ups ! I got many ideas viewing them !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Photo0098.jpg (218.9 KB, 910 views)
Old April 7, 2010, 06:07 PM   #1378
russellcframe

You guys are way too fancy for me.

Here's my reloading bench, aka living room table. I reload .357 Mag and .308 with my little Lee hand press. Works great for me
Attached Images
File Type: jpg reloading.jpg (159.3 KB, 249 views)
Old April 8, 2010, 06:55 AM   #1379
Lloyd Smale

heres mine only thing thats changed recently is the tv was replaced by a 42 inch flat screen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (223.9 KB, 557 views)
File Type: jpg 004.jpg (230.9 KB, 404 views)
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (244.8 KB, 423 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (247.7 KB, 618 views)
Old April 8, 2010, 05:05 PM   #1380
ScratchnDent

I built it small purposely, knowing my propensity to clutter up any large flat surface.
The filing cabinet on the right holds most of the consumables and brass.

Old April 18, 2010, 07:32 PM   #1381
weeniewawa

Here is mine. The cleanest it has ever been.

I just built the shelves so it finally got organized, kind of .

Old April 21, 2010, 06:15 PM   #1382
chagasrod

http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...g?t=1271888210
Old April 22, 2010, 10:43 AM   #1383
Clark

I have lots of presses in the reloading room, where I can listen to the radio while reloading.

For loading 1,000 rounds, I would move some presses to the living room and watch TV at the same time.

But now, people are watching TV on their computer, so I have to put a single small press on a little board, and clamp it to the desk in front of my keyboard.
Old April 22, 2010, 02:03 PM   #1384
Oyeboten

Was starting to set things up last November, then had to put all away into storage, to make room for some Building repairs, then was too busy.

Have things set up again now, made an elevated Platform which sits on a Table-Top ( a better height for standing, and no Levers sticking out to tangle me as I walk by)...got my Powder Measure set last night for throwing a specific charge, maybe begin trying a few rounds to-day -

Old April 22, 2010, 05:52 PM   #1385
UpTheIrons

Here is my meager first attempt at a reloading bench. Since this pic was taken, I added an angle brace across the back to increase sturdiness:

The benchtop came from our kitchen island - we expanded it, and needed a bigger top. The 2x4s were appropriated from my in-law's attic, as were the 2x10s that form the lower shelf. The "hutch" is a bookshelf that was no longer needed. All I've got to do is put a backing board on it again, in case this bench ever moves away from the wall. $10 in hardware was all I had to buy. So:
The tree-huggin' types would be pleased to know that this is all "re-purposed lumber".
My mother-in-law the artist would call it "found art".
I, the cheapgerman, call it "saving money for a new gun."

Since I use the Lee Deluxe Turret, the spent primers fall through the turret base instead of through the ram (as in the Classic). I drilled a funnel-shaped hole through the benchtop and mounted a small 'cup' underneath to catch the spent primers that way, instead of putting the press on a riser with a 'drawer' underneath.

A woodworker friend said to build the bench at standing height, and to find the perfect height by having your arm at your side, then bending it at the elbow 90 degrees. This is the proper height - your hand will rest flat on the benchtop. So, I made it 45" high, and it works perfectly standing up, or with a tall shop stool.

Springs are cheap - your gun and your life aren't.
Old April 23, 2010, 12:04 PM   #1386
Afy

Ah OK! I was just wondering why anyone would need so many sets of dippers, since the packaging is very simillar.
Old April 23, 2010, 05:24 PM   #1387
benchrest34

Heres a picture of my reloading room. Still work in progress but its coming along. Reloading room 006.jpgReloading room 005.jpg
Old April 24, 2010, 09:25 AM   #1388
mongoose33

I have a TV above my reloading bench, but whether and what it's on for depends on what I'm doing. Sometimes I just use it to play music (one of the cable channel choices). Sometimes I'll have a program on if I'm doing something not requiring 100 percent attention all the time. Something, say, like resizing rifle brass on the single-stage.

I have another bench to the left of the reloading bench, and sometimes I'm working there on cleaning my guns or whatever and have the TV on.

But if I'm loading, the distractions go away. No TV. Music maybe, but that's it.

Old April 25, 2010, 02:31 AM   #1389
chagasrod

http://picasaweb.google.com/chagasro...58810755529682
Old April 25, 2010, 08:13 AM   #1390
flashhole

I bet I know what your favorite color is.
Old April 29, 2010, 02:09 AM   #1391
Ronno

I have to make do with this little space until the garage is finished being remodeled. I will have a 10 X 16 room done in the garage that will have heat - A/C small fridge, powder cabinet, one wall full of shelves, wifi radio, laptop and closed circuit TV watchable from both in the reloading room and in the house.

So until then, I built a small “L” bench in a small area of the basement storage room. I have the mec, LEE and Dillon mounted so far. I have a Hornady and rcbs to mount when they get here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00420.jpg (147.7 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00418.jpg (115.9 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00422.jpg (124.9 KB, 130 views)
Old April 29, 2010, 04:27 AM   #1392
chagasrod

http://picasaweb.google.com/chagasro...06629311313442

"This is a Test"
I'm trying to insert picture into the body of the message. Sorry guys!

-Still not working. Damn!!!

Last edited by chagasrod; April 29, 2010 at 04:28 AM. Reason: adding words
Old April 29, 2010, 06:51 AM   #1393
Lloyd Smale

just click the manage attachments link at the bottom of the reply
Old April 29, 2010, 01:08 PM   #1394
chagasrod

Finally!!!!!!

Thanks to:

xcgates, mongoose33, Lloyd Smale !!!

Thanks Guys!!!!!

Last edited by chagasrod; May 2, 2010 at 05:33 AM.
Old May 4, 2010, 11:20 PM   #1395
sublime195

Here is mine... press to come this year. Just got the tumbler a few days ago to start cleaning up brass.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reloading room 006.jpg (242.0 KB, 420 views)
File Type: jpg Reloading room 007.jpg (237.1 KB, 231 views)
File Type: jpg Reloading room 001.jpg (236.1 KB, 223 views)
Old May 5, 2010, 01:30 AM   #1396
Marc257

Mine tends to get messy.
Old May 12, 2010, 01:02 AM   #1397
Kernel

Location: 77 Square Miles Surrounded by Reality (Madison), Wisconsin
Sublime,

I like the way you left a space for your trash can. It's the little things, like that, that make this thread so interesting.
"We saw this ship come up, it was circling around us, and a guy was standing up on the bridge with a megaphone. And he called out 'Who are you?' and we all yelled out 'Samuel B. Roberts!' He's still circling, so now we're cursing at him. He came back and yelled 'Who won the World Series?' and we all yelled 'SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS!!' And then we could hear the engines stop, and cargo nets were thrown over the side. That's how we were rescued."

Jack Yusen, Seaman 1st Class and survivor of Task Unit “Taffy 3” after two days in the water near Samar Inland, Philippines, October 27, 1944.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:14 AM   #1398
flashhole

Sotik - maybe you can shed some light on the - RCBS is making stuff in China - rumor. What is going on?
Old May 12, 2010, 08:50 AM   #1399
luis7

This is my small bench.
Greetings from Spain.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Dillon.jpg (48.8 KB, 326 views)
Old May 12, 2010, 06:01 PM   #1400
sotik

Flashhole that is false. RCBS is located in Oroville, California. They still use the same building that Fred Huntington was using back when he was alive. So that there is your short answer, so you can ignore the rambling below if you want or read it for kicks and giggles.

A good percentage of what we made is made directly in the shop, such as the dies, presses and that stuff. We will cut a lot of the metal here, make the dies from scratch and so on. So a good majority of what you get from RCBS is American made.

However that said we do buy parts for somethings from other companies. Where they come from, well I do not know. Right now I am on the waiting list for The Grad shotshell reloading kit. They made the entire press at the factory I work at, however they are waiting on one part that they need before they can finish the press up and sell it. I was told from one of my coworkers once that they will get stuff like that from Lee or other Reloading companies, far as how true that is I have no idea. I just work away on the lay making dies all day so you guys with .45 ACPs can have a good time reloading. I don't get much into where the small stuff comes from.

So in the end they are 99% RCBS made, which is located in America. Where that small part comes from, well your guess is as good as mine but I would doubt its from China. RCBS makes some good quality presses, a bit pricey I agree. However I still have a 40 year old press my father gave to me that I still use to reload with, and it has yet to fail. Fact anything I get from RCBS has yet to fail on me. Ive heard of horror stories of Lee presses and I don't dislike them, if I wasn't working at RCBS trust me I would get Lee because I couldn't afford a RCBS press at the regular price, but so far I have yet to hear anything bad about a RCBS press failing, nor their dies or anything else of the RCBS brand.