Quantcast
Show us a picture of your reloading bench - Page 64 - THR
THR  

Go Back   THR > Ammunition, Gear, and Firearm Help > Handloading and Reloading

Welcome to THR
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and access our other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have, access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please visit the help section.

Old November 3, 2010, 11:21 AM   #1576
JackTheRipper

Here is my bench. I'm new to reloading. I need some chairs or a barstool or something!

tell me what ya think!
Old November 3, 2010, 11:38 AM   #1577
Maverick223

Quote:
tell me what ya think!
I think it looks like it came out of a hospital...so clean and white. Do you use it?
Old November 3, 2010, 09:46 PM   #1578
Reloader_Kev

Reloading Benches

Anyone besides me notice the bright colors of everyones setup?

kj
Old November 3, 2010, 11:11 PM   #1579
Rollis R. Karvellis

Helps reflect the light making it easier to see. That's why I, painted my basement this year.
Old November 12, 2010, 08:50 AM   #1580
Ronno

White & stainless.... Always a good combo!
Old November 12, 2010, 09:54 AM   #1581
Foto Joe

Since my wife and I tend to migrate south in the winter I needed my loading "Bench" to be able to travel with me. Either that or restrict myself to Cap & Ball all winter. Anyway, find me a picnic table and I have a loading bench!!

It may not be fancy, but it does the trick on calm days.

The only problem that I ran into was that I use a "Beam Scale", and even the slightest breeze prevents it from settling. The fix: put the scale in the kitchen!! Since I'm loading only Black Powder Cartridges, each charge doesn't need to get weighed once the powder dispenser is set up right.

44 Russian for a Schofield. Historically loaded with 23gr 3f and a 205gr RNFP lead bullet.
Old November 13, 2010, 02:56 PM   #1582
MISTER MOON

Afy

it seem that TURBO use the french powder the VECTAN : http://rechargements.chez-alice.fr/topic1/index.html
Old November 13, 2010, 04:26 PM   #1583
GoldMinor

U-L... Outstanding reloading area you've set up. Have followed you for some time on your website and youtube. Terrific work & thanks for sharing your thoughts & reviews with us.
Old November 14, 2010, 04:13 PM   #1584
kodiakshooter

wwag

Quote:
Originally Posted by WLE View Post
Nothing is more sexier then a women with a gun!
Fish babes in tight neoprene...with a gun...and a boat...and a four wheeler...
Old November 15, 2010, 06:50 AM   #1585
mcdonl

I like that foto... I make my ingots camping.
Cry “Havoc,” and let slip the dogs of war.
Old November 20, 2010, 10:14 PM   #1586
Exposure

Time for a new update for me. I have come a long way since I started on this reloading deal just about 3 1/2 years ago.

Here is my bench as it sat on Feb 19 of 2007. I remember being VERY proud of how it looked.

And then two years later on March 6 of 2009 when I had changed it around a bit. A Lee single stage set up for 50 BMG had been added.

And now a year and a half later my bench is radically different again.

I have sold both of my Lee presses. The 50 BMG press didn't bother me much. The Classic Turret really did bother me though. That was my first ever reloading press and I loaded thousands upon thousands of rounds on that thing! I am a BIG time machine gunner and almost all of the .45 ACP rounds that went through my two subguns in that caliber all came off that Lee Turret press. But I sold it to a friend and he is now getting good use out of it. So I am glad to know it has gone to a good home and will be getting a lot of use!
Old November 21, 2010, 02:49 AM   #1587
VonFatman

Wow! Talk about an upgrade!!!
Congrats on the 1050! Nice machine!!

Bob
Old November 22, 2010, 03:07 PM   #1588
IDriveB5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDriveB5
Well, two years later, I was in need of an upgrade:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDriveB5
October 2006

Finally I get to post to this thread! Ive been waiting for months, and I've finally got all my bits'n'pieces together.

The "bench" was a freebie with the exception of the 2x4 in the rear and associated hardware used to reinforce the table.

My new toys:
All set up:
March 2009

Took a couple months to build, but not having a router table makes cabinet work rather tedious. After all the time and money on the new bench, I most happy with the new stool!
Forgot to post the last update to my bench:

V2.1
January 2010

I got a 3/8"x12"x72" flat bar from work, polished it up and popped a bunch of holes in it so I can move equipment around to suit my needs... makes everything a little more modular.

My latest modification involved moving the entire bench to a my first home! Thank God for good beer and great friends! (No pics in the new spot yet, coming soon)

Lot of nice benches have been posted recently! Keep it up!

MD Shooters Forum

+Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

+A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Seems pretty clear to me.
Old November 22, 2010, 05:41 PM   #1589
MrWesson

IDriveB5 where did you get that stool from? It looks pretty comfy and my butt hurts from my wooden stool.
Old November 22, 2010, 05:47 PM   #1590
flashhole

I especially like the Gadsden flag pegboard. Where did you get that? Nice press color too.
Old November 22, 2010, 05:59 PM   #1591
Maverick223

Quote:
IDriveB5 where did you get that stool from?
Looks like a drafting stool...should be available at most office supply stores...or you can be cheap like me and take a old office chair you have lying around and cut the tube in half, the weld in a new section of pipe to make it a bit taller. It works, it's comfy, and best of all it's FREE!
Old November 22, 2010, 09:07 PM   #1592
IDriveB5

Thanks for the compliments.
I got the stool through my office manager who ordered it from global industrial:
http://www.globalindustrial.com/g/wo...ef=t/FO/promo3
Thankfully I didn't pay that much.

As to the peg board, I made that myself.

MD Shooters Forum

+Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

+A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

Seems pretty clear to me.
Old November 23, 2010, 03:44 PM   #1593
Steel Talon

Exposure very nice.. Your three legged stool interests me can you share the plan dimensions etc?
Old November 24, 2010, 01:11 PM   #1594
THe Dove

KodiakShooter,

Pictures PLEASE!!!!!

The Dove
Old November 24, 2010, 01:56 PM   #1595
W.E.G.

way back in the day

back in the day

on the way

today
Old November 27, 2010, 02:48 PM   #1596
CHALK22

I haven't gotten a shot of my reloading bench yet.....I kinda don't wanna go out there right now..............it averages about 10 deg this time of year.......but I do love seeing all of the others out there! There are some great ideas, and I love to see all the red plastic Folgers cans.....I use a ton of them. They make great brass cans for range days, I always bring one for my brass, and one for the brass cans that I empty at the range.
Old November 27, 2010, 11:55 PM   #1597
Shakey

My Bench

I did quite a bit of reseach for plans and dimensions and was happy to get some of my information from the THR forums. I am pretty happy with the results, but of course would change some things after having reloaded on the bench for about 1 1/2 yrs. I had some clear heart pine bench material that I had kept for about 15 years and finally put it to good use on the upper part of the work bench. The table/bench top is actually 1 1/4" thick laminate board from work stations in the office when they remodeled. It cleans up nice with cleaner and keeps messes (powder spills and solvent) where they are easy to clean up.

The most difficult decision in building the bench was to determine a correct height for the table top. It is 38 1/2" high and allows me to periodically stand up to work....saving my butt and back from sitting too long. Most benches I saw were too low for me....I'm 6'4" tall with a 36" inseam.

The other thing I did was to visit several other guy's reloading rooms/garages to see what ideas or mistakes they felt they had made and not to repeat the mistakes on mine. By the way, a mistake for one person is not necessarily a mistake for another. So I tried to make my bench and cabinets of a design that worked for me. I did make a few mistakes and started over a few times....especially when I decided it is smart to keep my primers away from my powder storage area.

Dimensions:
Work bench top....6' long; 3' deep
Back of bench/shelves....2'5" high; 12" deep
Work bench hgt....38 1/2

The bench...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of P1010697.JPG (112.1 KB, 284 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of P1010700.JPG (100.2 KB, 236 views)
Old November 27, 2010, 11:59 PM   #1598
Shakey

My Bench

Here is another shot showing the shelves for brass and powder. The other shot is a desk that I built so I could sit down and do paper work when working up loads, etc.

Thanks for all of the information you guys have here. I am getting some good info each time I log on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Copy of P1010702.JPG (117.8 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg Copy of P1010705.JPG (112.7 KB, 157 views)
Old November 28, 2010, 01:03 PM   #1599
AdverseYaw

My Reloading Bench

Here are a few shots of my bench. They were taken with my phone so they aren't the best. My powder, bullets and press parts are in a cabinet that hangs on the wall using a french cleat.
The bench was made for the sheet metal press/break/roller in the background under the plastic bag. There is a sketchup model of it here: Workbench For Grizzly Sheetmetal Machine.
The black box on the primer feed system is a homemade low primer warning system. Basically just a 3v buzzer from radioshack with a coin cell and a microswitch. It comes on at 7 primers left. There is also a round counter on the bottom left of the press with microswitch mounted to the front of the bench. I thought about making a low powder warning with a son-alert and flashing LEDs but i can plainly see the powder level. I am making a case feed collator and purchased the lower feed system component from Dillon. I will post pics when that is done.
So that is all. I hope that you found it entertaining.
Kevin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0369.jpg (238.8 KB, 128 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0370.jpg (238.9 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0371.jpg (240.4 KB, 152 views)
Old November 28, 2010, 01:32 PM   #1600
LAH

Quote:
My powder, bullets and press parts are in a cabinet that hangs on the wall using a french cleat. I hope that you found it entertaining.
Kevin welcome to the board. I do find all entertaining. How about a picture of the French Cleat system?.............Creeker